Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Loc: virgina Flag
disappointed newbie
    #5699442 - 06/01/06 12:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i have started to become somewhat disappointed in this site. the techs are great, and if you can find an answer in the archives then that is cool also. this is the number one spot for information that is already said, but if you need to ask for help, and ask for it in a post then its a crap shoot. sometimes i get awesome advice but most times i just get blown off. there is a lot of putting down of newbies for not being able to find there answer on there own before asking the cultivation from first. no not everyone goes to FAQ first, so what. i read one post that complained that there was not a form for newbies to ask stupid questions. as far as i can see this is the form for newbies asking stupid questions. if simple questions offend you then don't read them. there is an Advanced Mycology
just for all you people that already know what your doing. if we did not have stupid questions thats where we would be.
when i first came to this site less then a month ago i was under the impression that this was a place to learn something new. a place where you can make mistakes and others will not chastise you for them, and i still believe that that may be how it started ,but there a few that have become arrogant to the incompetence's of newbies. taking on a new learning project such as mushrooms, where all kinds of things can go wrong , can be daunting and intimidating. with increased frustration levels even an intelligent persons cooping and resource skills can regress. I'm sure that the majority of mushroom growers are above average intelligences. first of all it take a confidences in yourself , and your ability to learn new skills to even think about growing mushrooms. so lay off we just want to ask a question ok. Ive known plenty of people in my time that wont even think about trying to grow mushrooms because they already have convinced themselves they cant. even amongst my close friends not one person has said " how do you do that?" they just say " let me know how it turns out.".
we are not stupid, unresourcefull, unintelligent, incompetent or inept we just need some feed back to build up our confidants,and a few successes. we want to know that we are not the only ones having problems that can be fixed.
if we have no problem what so ever, but think we might and post to it just let us know that everything is cool and maybe a link to research it. the negative responses some people get in there post can keep other people from asking there important question, because they might be afraid of being told they should already know before they even ask.

in short I'm a newbie, and can relate to the stupid questions. this is the form for that, is it not?? in my opinion this form needs to work on being a little more supportive to newbies. if you don't want this to be a newbie from then create one for us.
thats my two cents worth

--------------------
The only ones for me are the mad ones..........
                  :ass2mouth:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: trentallica]
    #5699444 - 06/01/06 12:28 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Try using IRC.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

#5699452 - 06/01/06 12:32 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

im a noob also, but I dont agree with you. you may take it as their blowing you off, but what if they dont know the awnser? or people who do know the awnser arnt around? at least thats what I think when I post a question. even the pros have unawnsered questions.

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: Jim]
    #5699461 - 06/01/06 12:35 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Jim said:
Try using IRC.

see what i mean even some peoples personal singure is a put down to people who ask questions. its not always being lazy

--------------------

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #5699468 - 06/01/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i'd help u but that paragraph is kind of scary, sorry man

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: Atheist]
    #5699477 - 06/01/06 12:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

okay i read the first 8 lines and the thing that pisses people off is that newbies don't know how to use the search feature

set it to like 3 or 4 years and you get so many threads about the same question asked so many different ways

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5699479 - 06/01/06 12:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well the problem with a forum for newbies is that it will be loaded with newbies... what kind of advice do you think you'll get there?

its not that most of us have any problem with newbies, its just that all those questions you speak of have been asked hundreds of times over.  sometimes a few times in the same day.  if you can't spend a few minutes looking around before you ask to see that your question has been answered i don't know how much simpler we can make it for you.  we're all here to help one another but not spoon feed and hold everyone's hands.

if you really have done some due dilligence and used some resourcefulness, nobody is gonna chew you out for asking a question that's already been asked.  its the really really obvious ones that get on people's nerves.  like you said if people are offended by the questions they don't have to read them, likewise, just blow off any smart ass replies you get...

if you want good advice, you need to learn to ask good questions.  the more specific information you give about your situation and the question (with pictures when applicable) the more people with answers can base their answer on!  there's so many ways of doing things, that vauge questions usually get vauge answers or incorrect answers all together.  we're mycology hobbyists, not mind readers! :smile:

and remember you can only read so much, even if you read it all.  you learn with experience.  expect to screw up and expect poor results from time to time.  its all part of the game, and when you learn hands-on from your mistakes that's way more valuable than anything anybody can post on a forum.

OfflineAKtoker
Shibby

#5699480 - 06/01/06 12:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I think 3 different cultivation forums would be nice, beginner, intermediate and advanced.

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: AKtoker]
    #5699491 - 06/01/06 12:40 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AKtoker said:
I think 3 different cultivation forums would be nice, beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Yeah but isnt that what the FAQs are for and the Search Posts button?
People are just lazy and retarded but the Beginner forum isn't that bad of an idea

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#5699514 - 06/01/06 12:44 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

there are already two of those...

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinedudefromaz
That One Dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the Midst of Time........
    #5699530 - 06/01/06 12:46 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

mmmkaaay, a noob on a rampage...

:vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb: :vineclimb:

--------------------
Remember, the best drug, is a natural drug.....

Peace, Fratirnityishly, Smoke Da Stuff, Special Chocolate

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5699533 - 06/01/06 12:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Jim said:
there are already two of those...

2 of what

Offlinedudefromaz
That One Dude
Male User Gallery

#5699536 - 06/01/06 12:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

forums for types of cultivation,

beginner, intermediat, advance

--------------------

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

#5699538 - 06/01/06 12:48 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I love your avatar,lol.

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: inoculatedGreif]
    #5699541 - 06/01/06 12:49 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

wheres the beginner forum?

Offlinekilroy
Hightimes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Deep within my spirit Flag
    #5699547 - 06/01/06 12:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I did alot of reading in the faqs and did alot of searches when I started here I seen one very good thing that was said when using the seach tool change how far back it goes, I found alot of my answers in post that were over a year old. I am new too and I also help other beginners out alot, the reason I know most of the stuff is like they said the faq section and search tool. I know it can be agravating as hell sometimes but if you do not have the patiences to look or put up with remarks then you need to work on it if you want to grow these gifts from the gods. Just letting you know from what I have learned already

--------------------
IS NOT THE JOURNEY OF THE TRIP JUST AS IMPORTANT AS REACHING THE DESTINATION.

Offlinedudefromaz
That One Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: disappointed newbie [Re: dudefromaz]
    #5699548 - 06/01/06 12:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

exactly the point, he said we have 2 of those,(the intermediate and advance)

and innoculatedgrief thanks dude

--------------------

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: disappointed newbie [Re: dudefromaz]
    #5699555 - 06/01/06 12:51 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i think the two forums we have now are just fine. the "beginner" section of the site is here too... its the cultivation section, full of faqs and other resources. it doesn't need to be interactive. everything a beginner needs to know is spelled out in black and white. ive had huge successes learning from books and articles and teks years before ever deciding to join in on the boards. (glad i did though, lots of new ideas here that have changed the entire way i do things in just a few months...)

anything worth having is worth working for. it rarely falls into your lap or gets handed to you.

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: disappointed newbie [Re: creamcorn]
    #5699571 - 06/01/06 12:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i think shroomery is sort of famous for treating half the newbies like shit.
that's sort of typical with message boards anyways.

if you have some questions you need answering
feel free to send me a pesonal message

i don't even waste my time talking about mycology in the open here.
but i know alot about it.

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

#5699610 - 06/01/06 01:05 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SpicyTunaRoll said:
Quote:

AKtoker said:

Yeah but isnt that what the FAQs are for and the Search Posts button?
People are just lazy and retarded but the Beginner forum isn't that bad of an idea

see thats my point. People are NOT just lazy and retarded. they just need to be reassured and pacified sometimes.
yes i agree that asking better questions gets better answers. a newbie may have a good question , but just not be exposed to the jargon enough to describe it.

if a question is asked hundreds of times over. sometimes a few times in the same day. THEN ITS AN IMPORTANT QUESTION

"we're all here to help one another but not spoon feed and hold everyone's hands."
couldn't agree more, but some people are just dicks about it.

"just blow off any smart ass replies you get"
i don't really get shit on in my post, but i have read others that have. i see no reason for it. if you want to direct them to FAQ then by all means do, but don't scare them away from asking another question in the future.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies