Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStonerSteve
Stranger
coco
    #569618 - 03/04/02 01:04 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

is coco fiber and coco coir the same thing? What is it and what is it really used for. Where can you buy it? I'm gonna use coco and verm with some oyster shell for my casing I think. whats a good ratio for this casing mix? I tried to do a seearch but couldnt find anything plus my limited time to the internet doesn't help. I apoligize for asking redundant questions, but like I said my time and resources are limited. thanks
oh I tihnk i read where anno said this was a decent casing mix. thnaks guys. BTW i innoculated my jars last niight with an equadorian print.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: coco [Re: StonerSteve]
    #569650 - 03/04/02 01:39 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

you can get a grow-brick, which is coco coir. but i have only been able to find it online and that sucks.  the brick its self is about 3-4 bucks(one brick is alot) but to have it shipped cost the same as the brick.  so......i would recomend going to your local pet store and buying a brick of forest bedding for reptiles and shit.  its prety much the same freakin thing andyou dont have to pay shiping :smile:

are you using the PF tek?  did you inoculate the jars straight from the print? 

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #569686 - 03/04/02 02:19 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

i also have been looking for coco coir in new york. if anyone knows where i can pick some up locally (suggestions for stores that might have it) please post. i checked chase pitkin...

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
Re: coco [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #569750 - 03/04/02 03:50 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

like i said above, forest bedding by T-REX brand. it wil be at your local pet shop, big chains anyway. the stuff works great!!!! ive never use gro-brick but i bet its no better. they are the same shit anyway.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

OfflineStonerSteve
Stranger
Re: coco [Re: pleezr]
    #569957 - 03/04/02 09:01 PM (22 years, 29 days ago)

im using the shroom wizards grow guide at the shroomery. yes i innoculated from a print. So is coco coir and coco fiber the same? and im to understand that coco coir is like a pet bedding?

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #570187 - 03/05/02 02:09 AM (22 years, 28 days ago)

Steve,

Read what pleezr said.....are you stoned again ?

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleSumGuy
addict

Re: coco [Re: pleezr]
    #570323 - 03/05/02 07:11 AM (22 years, 28 days ago)

it's true that t-rex brand is great 30 bucks CAD for a huge brick no joke when i say HUGE ... and it nearly doubles in size when you add water ... something this guy at the bus stop has noticed is that you'd want to sterilize it .... I dont know what ratios of coir to verm to use I'd say 75 coir 25 verm and then add 5% of your total volume in oyster shells(after the water is added)

--------------------
-SumGuy :cool:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals