Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Chinese Embassy in Belgrade Bombed
    #569599 - 03/04/02 02:34 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I saw this article today, and I am not sure, but I think I heard recent news that is still reporting falsely about the event.

A detailed investigative article in the October 17 London Observer reported that NATO deliberately bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade last May, after discovering that the embassy was relaying Yugoslav military radio signals.

The report contradicted the public assurances of NATO leaders that the missile attack had been an accident. The Observer's sources included "a flight controller operating in Naples, an intelligence officer monitoring Yugoslav radio traffic from Macedonia and a senior [NATO] headquarters officer in Brussels."

So far, the reaction in the mainstream U.S. media has been a deafening silence. To date, none of America's three major network evening news programs has mentioned the Observer's findings. Neither has the New York Times or USA Today, even though the story was covered by AP, Reuters and other major wires. The Washington Post relegated the story to a 90-word news brief in its "World Briefing" (10/18/99), under the headline "NATO Denies Story on Embassy Bombing."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: Chinese Embassy in Belgrade Bombed [Re: nugsarenice]
    #569635 - 03/04/02 03:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The French defence department produced a report saying that the raid on the embassy was not a NATO mission, it was authorised by the CIA. Apparently the Serbs sold the downed US stealth fighter to the Chinese..

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Chinese Embassy in Belgrade Bombed [Re: mm.]
    #569652 - 03/04/02 03:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

When have the french trusted the cia, or even their own government?

You mean the french news decided to entrust their people with statements saying that the cia has evidence that nato is'nt involved, and that settled it?

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Chinese Embassy in Belgrade Bombed [Re: nugsarenice]
    #569813 - 03/04/02 08:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Didnt we "accidently" bomb a Chineese Embasy a while ago? I remember reading about how it was a result of "outdated information". Then I was watching some show where they were talking about it and a kinda reporter held up a phone book which listed the embasy and its address which had been their for more than two years.
He just said "do the Americans really expect us to believe this"?

China has good reason to want to buy a stealth.. All countries should fear the US... Ever see Thirteen Days" about the Cuban Missile crisis? We were SOOOO close to going to war with Russia because they put missiles close enough to our mainland to do some damage... The solution, we take out some of our missiles which we already have in place capable of striking Russia...
Long story short, we started the shit by pointing missiles at them and putting them close enough to hit, they countered by doing the same and we whined about it and almost made a fucking war out of it.
Do you really blame the Chineese for wanting to learn all they can about our "stealth" planes?

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Edited by GabbaDj (03/04/02 08:08 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion