Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJoeMama
Spent Cakes - Can they be cased?
    #5690222 - 05/30/06 11:00 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Chances are this question has been answered and is staring me right in the eyeballs as I type this, but is it possible to case a spent cake?
Example, I birth a cake and grow from the cake (coz this is my first time and I want to play around with different methods) Dunk between flushes, and the cake is spent. Can it then be cased? I know that Moe says you can use a spent cake for an outdoor tek. But If it can be kept indoors that would be better.
-Me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spent Cakes - Can they be cased? [Re: JoeMama]
    #5690236 - 05/30/06 11:05 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Casing a spent cake would likely yield minimal results, hence the word spent. Cakes that are spent, while having viable mycelia, lack nutrients to provide any appreciable flushes. Otherwise they would not be considered spent.

The best uses for spent cakes or other substrates are creating new spawn. Introducing a new viable, uncolonized substrate will allow mycelia growth to continue further.

Offlinezeegos
Shroomagator
 User Gallery

Loc: bat country
    #5690237 - 05/30/06 11:05 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You couldent case a spent cake IMHO. All that you are doing is breaking up an un-nutricious cake and putting un-nutricious casing on top of it, it just wouldent work. But a question i posted a while ago and is more realistic is, Could a spent cake be spawned to hpoo? where the mycelium would colonise the nutricious substrate.
see what i mean?

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #5690307 - 05/30/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

is it possible to case a spent cake?

Of course it is, but why bother? The results would be poor at best. As others have said, it's better to grind those cakes up and use them as spawn for fresh substrate.

The Growlog section has several posts where people have done this, myself included. Do a search.

Good luck!  :thumbup:

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #5690413 - 05/30/06 11:53 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Spent :

used up.
exhausted or consumed.

so...

you would want to use a cake that isn't completely spent.

dig?

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix