Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesoulcircus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5677118 - 05/26/06 01:22 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by soulcircus<p>Reason for deletion: .

Edited by soulcircus (03/31/08 06:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Astral Projection [Re: soulcircus]
    #5677605 - 05/26/06 04:18 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Very interesting post thanks soulcircus :smile:

I've read up about astral projection a little and its very interesting.

Can you float around and look at yourself?

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Offlinesoulcircus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Astral Projection *DELETED* [Re: mikeyboy]
    #5677651 - 05/26/06 04:38 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
    #5677676 - 05/26/06 04:48 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

How long does it usually take you using your method?

I presume its similar to meditation and thus needs patience to master it

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Offlinesoulcircus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Astral Projection *DELETED* [Re: mikeyboy]
    #5677720 - 05/26/06 05:02 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .

Invisibleking_cobra
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Astral Projection *DELETED* [Re: soulcircus]
    #5677861 - 05/26/06 05:52 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by king_cobra

Reason for deletion: g

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Astral Projection [Re: king_cobra]
    #5677889 - 05/26/06 06:01 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

are your eyes closed while doing this or not

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Astral Projection [Re: DeathCompany]
    #5678006 - 05/26/06 06:49 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

With the amount of information and people claiming to have achieved astral projection; I would think more objective evidence were available.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineNexus555
Stranger
    #5683814 - 05/28/06 04:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Too bad astral projection has been proven false already by case studies. One of the studies gathered people who claimed they could project. They let them lie on a bed, and were told to tell the researchers what lied in a locked room. None of the subjects could give the correct answer to what lied in the room.

When people supposedly "astral project," their mind is actually playing a trick on them. If you can keep concious while you go to sleep, you'll go through the sleeping pattern AWAKE. Obviously this is not normal, because your mind is supposed to be sleeping and not awake. At first the person will see and hear hypanogic (spell?)imagery. This can be from seeing random colorful patterns, seeing faces, hearing random sounds which can be from screaming, banging noises and others. These sights/sounds are completely random and can be pleasing or frightening.

After the imagery stage there is the stage of sleep paralysis. When the imagery is pretty much complete, your body becomes paralyised. During this stage you lose your SIXTH SENSE. Let me explain this sense. Your sixth sense is your sense of where your body parts are. If you close your eyes and move your arm, you know exactly where it is. Also the same for the missing limb pheonemon. People who lose their limbs can sometimes still feel pain in something that's not there.

Anyways. You are paralyised (so you don't reinact your dreams.) You can THINK you are moving your arms, and your arms will feel like they are moving. The only thing is they aren't. It's that sense that your are moving them. Some people during sleep paralysis feel like they are floating, roll off the bed, or spinning in warps. These are normal every-night sensations that you do not normally experience.

Another thing to remember is during sleep paralysis, people can have their eyes slighlty opened, being the only body part they can move. While your eyes are open you can "see" things. Most of the time if a person is sleeping and awakens in their sleep to find they cannot move but they are sleeping, they gain fear. With their eyes open, they can hallucinate to see shadowy figures or creatures lying on their chest (hence alien abductions, "the old hag", etc.) I have experimented with sleep paralysis and found I could see pleasant things as well... like my girlfriend walking through the room, etc.

And the final thing is if you're awake during sleep paralysis you can enter a lucid dream. Simply, a dream you are aware of. With the combinations of the screwed up body senses, your mind wanting to "astral project" (placebo) and dreaming, you can really think you are out of your body. In a lucid dream, if you are aware it's a DREAM, you can control and manipulate it at will. If you go in a lucid dream with ignorance, your subconcious and your desires will shape it out for you. So if you THINK you are astral projecting, you are.... in your mind.

One last note is I have personally proven to myself that Astral Projection is BS. I was sleeping trying to get to a lucid dream and was in sleep paralysis. I was wearing a sleeping mask so I could not see FULLY out of my eyes. I felt a weird floating sensation, like I was rising over my body out of my bed. The only thing is, I could not see past my sleeping mask.

You should read on lucid dreaming and practice that then decide if you believe in projection. In a lucid dream, the dream world is actually as real or REALER than the real world (read on mind model.) You have the sensation of touch, smell, sight, sound, and taste. If you fly in your lucid dream, you could wake up with a queezy feeling in your stomach as if you really were.

Long story short: Astral Projection = Sleep Paralysis and Lucid dreaming with the placebo affect.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Astral Projection [Re: Nexus555]
    #5683925 - 05/28/06 05:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well i took amanita and had my relationship with a girl 2 years smushed into a dream like thing and at the same time she went their too but for not as long for her it was a flash for me it was like a waking dream

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Astral Projection *DELETED* [Re: thedudenj]
    #5684752 - 05/28/06 09:49 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by capliberty

Reason for deletion: cause

Edited by capliberty (05/28/06 10:00 PM)

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: Astral Projection [Re: capliberty]
    #5684820 - 05/28/06 10:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i once woke up in a dream, but my point of view was from my legs looking back up at my face, it was so weird because it was so vivid but i still didn't figure out i was dreaming, i just knew i had done something very significant

ima lookin into this, those tips remind me things ive noticed on dissacotiatives... i guess that makes sense...hmmm

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

Offlinedaydream_elysium
Stranger

#5687680 - 05/29/06 06:08 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i don't think you can discredit the possibility of astral projection based on those studies.

i do agree that there are lucid dream states. however when i experience astral projection there seems to be more conscious awareness. i have at times projected and remained very aware of the circumstances around me.

i find it more interesting to consider what is most beneficial to your experience. i would say that practicing meditation can help you to develop more awareness over your circumstances. to help you have discernment over what is the most skillful use of your energy.

--------------------
Empty-handed I entered the world
Barefoot I leave it.
My coming, my going -
Two simple happenings
That got entangled.
-Kozan Ichigyo

OfflineNexus555
Stranger
Re: Astral Projection [Re: daydream_elysium]
    #5688862 - 05/29/06 10:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I myself cannot disprove astral projection, but I seriously doubt it's existence. I go to www.dreamviews.com and people make forum experiences to test it's viability. The most common thing people do is pick a card randomly out of a deck of cards and not look at it. Then they put it on top of their dresser or something face up to see if they can see what the card says. I haven't seen any success yet. Most of the people say they cannot make out what the card says.

And as far as some of the stories go of people meeting others in the astral plains, etc. I don't trust these stories because most are tall-tales in my opinion. I guess personal experience is always the key here to believing, like most paranormal things.

Thanks

Edited by Nexus555 (05/29/06 10:48 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder