Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
My friend's dad stole my friends car, money... help?
    #5686845 - 05/29/06 02:55 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

me friends dad is an evil psychopath. based on the reasoning that his son is smoking pot, this father has thrown his son out on the street, forbidden him to return home, forbidden him to stay at any of his friends houses, stolen his car (which he paid for, insures etc entirely himself. His dad has NO claim to this car whatsoever) and accessed his sons bank account and withdrew all of his money. This is only the tip of the iceberg with this sick mans patterns of irrational and abusive behaviour to my friend.

what i want to know is, how the fuck do we get this kids property back? this whole situation is so infuriating. My friend called the cops, who immediatly took his side . They arrived on the scene and confronted his father.
"listen sir, this is ridiculous. He owns this car. You have no right do do this. We believe in tough love, but this is stupid. Give him his car back or well have to arrest you"

dad: "fine then, lets do it. Ill go to jail for you son, but i wont give you your car back"

so the cops take him in. But somehow he phones like, the district manager or something and gets them to override the police officers.

So now he called again and the police say they wont help because its a "civil matter"

to me this is such insane bullshit. if pigs are good at anything, it should be at protecting property. My friend has all his papers for this car. this is auto theft, pure and simple. So what do we have to do here? any advise is much apreciated. For the record, my friend is still a minor for one year.

hes seeking emancipation, because his dad is physically and mentally abusive. But we NEEd this car so that he can survive outside his home, get to work and school etc. This whole thing is so fucked up, any advice welcome

thanks

(just so you understand how illogical and cruel this dads behaviour is, hes thrown his son out in the middle of the night, told him to ride the buses all night since he has no where to go, then to make it to school in the morning and he better not be late! as a result of this abandonment, he went days without a proper meal or his epi-pin, which he needs to survive in the case of an allergy attack. )

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: My friend's dad stole my friends car, money... help? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #5686916 - 05/29/06 03:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

He's under 18? If he's under 18 then the parent can do pretty much whatever they want to. Try emancipation...if the dad will agree to it.

Talk to your local police about the car. If it is in your friend's name he might have legal standing to take it back from his dad.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5686964 - 05/29/06 03:29 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like he may need to bring a civil suit against his father & sue for the return of his car and money. I'm not familiar with Canadian law, but you can research legal questions online.

This site looks helpful:

http://www.canada.justice.gc.ca/en/jl/index.html

In the U.S., a minor may become emancipated once he/she proves financial independence, but it sounds as though your friend will not remain financially independent without his car & money. As he is a minor, he may be able to obtain assistance through child welfare.

Here's another site with a help line & links to other sites:

http://www.kidshelpphone.ca/en/informed/sub_abuse.asp?sec=3&sb=2

I hope that your friend can get the help he needs.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: My friend's dad stole my friends car, money... help? [Re: Veritas]
    #5686971 - 05/29/06 03:31 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

When you and Icelander break up will you go out with me?

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: My friend's dad stole my friends car, money... help? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5686982 - 05/29/06 03:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

:lol:  You're too young for me, sweetie.  But you and my older son might  be good friends. :wink:

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5687003 - 05/29/06 03:36 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

:cryariver:

I'm almost 27.  :heart:  :smile:  :smirk:

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5687013 - 05/29/06 03:38 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

That means you are exactly 1/2 Icelander's age!  :grin:

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #5687423 - 05/29/06 05:13 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

The kid should probably go to his bank and ask for his money. If it was his account, and his account only...then the bank if at fault for letting someone steal his money.

Then he should make sure he has the title to his car, and report it stolen.

Its not rocket science :smile:

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #5687482 - 05/29/06 05:23 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

First off, who's name is on the title of the car? That is whoever owns it. It does not matter who pays for it or the insurance. The insurance is also most likely in his dad's name (cheaper rates that way).

Second, who's name is on the bank account? If both he and his father are on the account as primaries, then the son pretty much doesn't have a chance. If his father is on the account, but not a primary, then chances are the money should not have been able to be transferred...but that is all on the type of account and the level of access for each party.

Third, as stated before, if he is under 18 he pretty much is screwed.

His father can't really forbid him to stay at friends' houses if he kicked him out. Although, if those friends also live with their parents, the parents can kick him out at anytime, obviously.

Maybe, he should either quit smoking pot (especially if he isn't 18 and/or on his own), or try to explain himself and actions to his father.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: My friend's dad stole my friends car, money... help? [Re: demiu5]
    #5687520 - 05/29/06 05:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Legally, his father can't have it both ways. Either his son is an emancipated minor, and therefore his father can "kick him out" without being charged with felony child neglect, or he is a dependent child & his father is required to provide him with food, shelter, clothing, etc...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5687954 - 05/29/06 07:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

How old is your friend and what country?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #5688148 - 05/29/06 07:50 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

a few important points:

my friend has called his father on a few occasions saying basically that he will do whatever his dad wants, stop doing all drugs etc, if he can just come home and finish highschool. His father refuses. My friend asks him to just please come meet with him and talk about it reasonably. His father refuses. He asks him to at least let him have his car so he can get to work and school. His father refuses. He asks to be able to speak to his mother. His father refuses.

This man has choked and hit my friend before, and we have reason to believe he may be doing the same to the mother.

This man broke into my friends home and started shouting , because he knew they had been sheltering jonus, with the consent of the homeowner.

The car is ENTIRELY in my friends name, as is the insurance. His father has never paid a DOLLAR towards this car. The police are aware of this and refuse to help, possibly because my friends father is a senior member of politics, ironically in child and family services.

This guy is not trying to help his son. What kind of father who is afraid his kid has a drug problem refuses to speak to his son, meet him and talk about it, or let him come, but ALSO doesnt bother taking him for councilling or rehab. Everything he is doing seems designed to cause pain and damage to his sons life, no more no less. Thats just my interpretation, but everyone i know and is aware of the situation agrees.

The cops refuse to help, so me and my father are sending him to a free family mediation service to council him on his next step.

Other than that weve just offered a safe place to crash if he feels in danger.

i could tell more horror storeis here but i wont.

Peace

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #5688185 - 05/29/06 07:57 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

is the bank account a joint account between this kid and his father?

does he have paperwork proving his ownership of the car?

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #5688248 - 05/29/06 08:09 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

if all that is true, go to higher authorities.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5688716 - 05/29/06 10:09 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
When you and Icelander break up will you go out with me?

If she won't, I will. :evil:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: My friend's dad stole my friends car, money... help? [Re: Icelander]
    #5688756 - 05/29/06 10:18 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

yeah if that it true, you need to go to fbi or internal affairs ect.

you need to reem them cops a new asshole if they are doing that...and the fbi should and will take care of that, and prob set you up in a temp home or somethin for all the fuss...or you could sue the shit out of them...which you SHOULD DO. If the cops are doing something illegal it is your DUTY to make it news....which brings another good point

NEWSPAPER TIME!

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

#5688853 - 05/29/06 10:43 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

surprisingly one option has not yet been mentioned:

murder the dad and rape the mum and then steal back all the money and the car.. a classical oedipan case

JUST KIDDING!

however on a more serious note, you and your friend certainly need to take matters into your own hands in a case like this. try seeking out a social worker in your area or possibly a lawyer to give you some pro-bono advice.

bring the case to the courts, throw the dad in jail and watch that sick fucker burn

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #5689174 - 05/30/06 12:13 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Your asking the wrong people..

Look in your local yellowpages or the yellowpages for the nearest big city to you.

Under attorneys and lawyers are hundreds (in my area) of lawyers offering free consultation. Spend a few hours on the phone and ask the right questions.

Ask about ownership rights for minors.

Ask about parental abuse issues. Parents have to follow the law too and cant just kick a minor out on the curb.

Ask about the bank account. Maby parents have the right to access the account where your from?

IF not. Then call the bank and dispute the transaction. The bank will take care of his father if he has broken the law to steel his sons money.

Sorry but other than just saying that the guy should try several many times to have an honest and straight forward talk with his family, all signs point toward proper legal action.

If he wants to get evil your friend should throw dads dirty laundry into his work life. If he does work for Child and Family Services then he should go down and file a complaint. He would probably talk to more than a few people and have allot on record before daddy could put a stop to things. Now that could get ugly but it would be the ultimate revenge.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Edited by GabbaDj (05/30/06 12:14 AM)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: My friend's dad stole my friends car, money... help? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #5690066 - 05/30/06 09:34 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

how old is your friend

was the bank account a joint account?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

#5691070 - 05/30/06 03:20 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
what i want to know is, how the fuck do we get this kids property back? this whole situation is so infuriating. My friend called the cops, who immediatly took his side . They arrived on the scene and confronted his father.

Before I ask anything else, is the friend over 18? Assuming he is...

How, exactly, did he "steal" the car? Did he move it to a "secret" location, or did he just hide the keys? How did he access the bank account? I'd contact, first, the state police. If the father relocated the vehicle physically and refuses to give it back, then INSIST that they accept a report for a stolen vehicle. Tell the father that you won't remove that stolen vehicle report until the vehicle is returned and that if the vehicle is sitting on one of his dads friends properties, that friend is an accessory. I'd then contact the bank and dispute the charges. If your friend is 18 and his name is the only name on the account, then tell the bank manager that he was the only one authorized to make withdrawals and that he'll be speaking with a lawyer that afternoon if they can't reach some sort of settlement, they'll most likely credit the account. I'd see if you can bring a sympathetic state policeman with you to the bank. Other than that, not much that you can do.
Quote:

so the cops take him in. But somehow he phones like, the district manager or something and gets them to override the police officers.

Thats why ya gotta deal with STATE police. Much less likelihood that someones great uncles roomate will be a higher up that can call things off.
Quote:

So now he called again and the police say they wont help because its a "civil matter"

Auto Theft is, in most jurisdictions, a felony.
Quote:

to me this is such insane bullshit. if pigs are good at anything, it should be at protecting property. My friend has all his papers for this car. this is auto theft, pure and simple. So what do we have to do here? any advise is much apreciated. For the record, my friend is still a minor for one year.

OUCH. Well, then, that changes EVERYTHING. Is your friends name THE ONLY name on the vehicle, the title? No lienholders? No cosigners on the loan? Your friend, personally, owns the vehicle himself? If so, it's theft. I'd just tell his father that you are going to call the state police and report it as stolen, but that you won't be telling them the 'whole story', and that they'll just list it as stolen and as I said if it's on his dads buddys property, hes in deep shit.

--------------------
Unions are the bastions of the mediocre. - luvdemshrooms

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals