Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMongoloidGnome
Stranger
 User Gallery
Amanita M. ID needed. (Brazil)
    #5683517 - 05/28/06 02:28 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hello, that's my first post here. So... I need help with some amanita, there's plenty around here so I have quite a few.
I just want to make sure before I take some, since this will be my first amanita trip.
Also, should I dry them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Amanita M. ID needed. (Brazil) [Re: MongoloidGnome]
    #5683539 - 05/28/06 02:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yes you need to dry them first...

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Edited by YESSUP (05/28/06 03:58 PM)

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5683589 - 05/28/06 02:55 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

They appear to be Amanita muscaria, they have pretty distinct concentric rings around the base. Not sure what variety though.

Look around this site/erowid or do a google search on preparation techniques for these mushrooms. Also read a few trip reports on them, particularly the bad ones. Most people that have tried A. muscaria got very sick, hated every minute of it, and will never do it again.

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: O.C . S o. C a l .
Re: Amanita M. ID needed. (Brazil) [Re: Gumby]
    #5683682 - 05/28/06 03:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You possibly might end to up paying for your trip for the ambulance taxi.....isnt recommended you should try these...

EDIT: Ventura Highway in the Sunshine  :rockon:

--------------------
Worlds Largest 'Liberty Cap' (Cali Libs Confirmed !)
' Comments On Hallucinogenic Agarics And The Hallucinations Of Those Who Study Them '
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

Edited by shroominDole (05/28/06 04:50 PM)

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Amanita M. ID needed. (Brazil) [Re: shroominDole]
    #5683697 - 05/28/06 03:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Id love to photograph that stinking mushroom in its habitat... But I highly doubt id consume it.
There is a score of reports on the internet about this mushroom so I do feel id agree with Gumby and Dole...

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #5683706 - 05/28/06 04:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Nice pictures - it's good that you got all pieces of the mushroom, it's important to see the base of the stems. :thumbup:

I wouldn't eat 'em either though.

All that I ever really do with them is take pictures for my photo collection.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineMongoloidGnome
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Amanita M. ID needed. (Brazil) [Re: eris]
    #5683773 - 05/28/06 04:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, thanks for the fast replies. Well, I'll probably eat 4~6, I've read quite a few reports, some of them appear to be terrible, I think I'll try to smoke them also.

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not So Great Britain
    #5683831 - 05/28/06 04:45 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I just dry perfect caps of them and use them as pot pourii. They look pretty cool like that  :tongue:

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #5683872 - 05/28/06 05:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

4-6 mushrooms sounds like a mighty heavy dose to me. I don't recommend you eat them either, but if you must, start small. I seem to recall reading about horrible trips from a few mouths full.

OfflineDaveTX
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita M. ID needed. (Brazil) [Re: Amatoxin]
    #5683892 - 05/28/06 05:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Nice dude! Be shirr to peal all the red skin with the white specs off of the caps. The red skin and white dots are highly toxic. Then dry the skinned caps and start with two healthy bites. No need to dry and eat the stems. Once you find Amanita's it will never stop. Its almost like there chasing you and popping up every ware you go!

OfflineDaveTX
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita M. ID needed. (Brazil) [Re: DaveTX]
    #5683901 - 05/28/06 05:10 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

They taste like lobster so don't forget that your not at a seafood banquet and get carried away.

OfflineMongoloidGnome
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5684417 - 05/28/06 07:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome, thanks for the tips everyone. I have around 16~20 caps, I'm drying them right now, I've read about preparation and it appears so that if I boil them I shouldn't have much trouble with nausea, a good mj hit is said to be a good option. I'll eat 'em dry though.
After I take them (I'll start with a medium sized one, and If needed I'll eat one or two more - yeah, 6 amanitas seems TOO much) I'll post here to report that I'm alive and well (or not :p). I was just afraid of destroying angels, but they aren't common around the pine forests here (I don't even think they exist here, but you never know...).

Edited by MongoloidGnome (05/28/06 07:44 PM)

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
    #5684535 - 05/28/06 08:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

DaveTx I have never heard of the - red white spots being toxic, are you sure that is not a rumor?

The Amanitas with a darker red and more white spots were considered the best most highly prized specimens to the Indian shamans - they were reported to be the strongest.

Since you have lots of amanitas - throwing away the stems like you have is fine. The majority of the active components are in/just under the red skin - which is why I dont think you should throw them away.

You could scoop out the gils with a spoon - further minimising the amount of low yeilding mushroom - hopefully cutting out some nausea.

OfflineDaveTX
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita M. ID needed. (Brazil) [Re: Feelers]
    #5684612 - 05/28/06 09:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Look, iv herd that the white specs are not what you want to eat! Therefor I peal the skin off and the specs go right along with. Ill try the spoon gill scoop thing like you say and see if that dose any thing new. But still if it is a rumor, its not a rumor that you will ever find me testing!!!

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
    #5684769 - 05/28/06 09:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I think that the white spot thing is a rumor. And considering the source (ahem)... probably not true.

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

#5684810 - 05/28/06 10:09 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I believe the white dots are actually left over veil remnants - perhaps someone can confirm this?
Actually here you go.....
Quote:

Variety muscaria is a classic mushroom. Fully grown, the cap is usually around 12 cm in diameter (up to 30 cm) with a distinctive blood-red colour (crimson, fading to yellow with age), scattered with white to yellow, removable flecks (warts), which are remnants of the universal veil, a membrane that encloses the entire mushroom when it is still very young. The stem is white, 5-20 cm, with a basal bulb that bears universal veil remnants, in the form of a ragged collar or group of ruffs that circles the base of the stalk (or stipe).

Taken from wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

I thik everyones a little hyper in their anti "muscaria-ism" :laugh: If dried thouroughly in a fruit dehydrator nausea can be lessoned - and my friends really enjoyed the trip. Its quite an unusual drug. My experience was eating caps and stems freshly cooked in a spaghetti sauce - so it wasnt a good one.

Dried and taken properly it could well be another story. I am thinking about some sort of extraction could be interesting...

Offlinejeffpro
panoptic
Re: Amanita M. ID needed. (Brazil) [Re: Feelers]
    #5685156 - 05/28/06 11:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Can't wait to read the trip report...

Edited by jeffpro (05/28/06 11:42 PM)

OfflineDaveTX
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita M. ID needed. (Brazil) [Re: jeffpro]
    #5685297 - 05/29/06 12:35 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Nice recorce dude. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria So it sais cook them with the skin, stem, warts and all.

OfflineDaveTX
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5685346 - 05/29/06 12:55 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Any how, the next time you ever hear a crazed sounding laugh echoing from a far out distance of the woods. Be shure to note that some one found a patch of amanitas...

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

#5685438 - 05/29/06 01:31 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ahhh, Dave - you can cook them with the stem - caps and all. The reason I suggest not doing it is because the majority of the active chemicals are in the caps - and considering there is nausea associated with eating them - you want to get the most actives - in the smallest amount of mushroom material possible. "The most bang for your chuck ,you could say". :laugh:

That excerpt is from how to identify Amanita muscaria - and in questioning wikipedia as a source - where's your poisonous white dot theory coming from? There is credible evidence elsewhere also showing that the dots are just veil remnants - and therefore HIGHLY unlikely to do anything.
-Here's one from erowid if thats "more credible"
Quote:

.....is bright to blood red with a white universal veil. This universal veil will entirely cover the youngest mushrooms, will form whitish spots or warts on mature mushrooms, and may eventually wash or wear off with age. These spots often form concentric circles, although they can also appear randomly.

I have done a lot of research on amanitas - a lot of crap floating round about them - and I still have never heard of the poisonous dot theory.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder