Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBread
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: subaeruginosa? [Re: shroomer_nick]
    #5682569 - 05/28/06 04:39 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I don't mind sending a few dried bugs down with my shrooms but it's the thought of them still being alive and popping out when they're inside me... errrrrgh. And if I start thinking too much about that when I'm on a trip.... yikes.......

I'll just have to grind my shit up sift through beforehand, haha.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroomer_nick
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Aus
Re: subaeruginosa? [Re: Bread]
    #5682572 - 05/28/06 04:43 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

if you feel the need :smile: i dont really like mushrooms, so he whole consumption ordeal is never to pleasent for me anyway

--------------------

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
    #5682607 - 05/28/06 05:39 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

After watching my lastest batch of subs dry - they do actualy look like your pic jamesnumber1. However as you know its dodge if you arent 100% sure, and they could be lookalikes.

There is definately a possibility they are subs - but I wouldnt risk it.  I think those maggots might be fruit flies - they look like the ones used in biology. Harmless and probably good for you - its only really a problem if your pickings are already pretty past it.

Drying and grinding without too much inspections probably the way to go if worried. :laugh:

Offlinemoshroom
curious
Loc: Ausvicmel s.e
Re: subaeruginosa? [Re: Feelers]
    #5682627 - 05/28/06 06:00 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

coffee ginder

doesnt disgust u if u dunno whats in it.

plus ive never seen anything alive or dead, and i look pretty dam close. i think its my method from collecting to consumption.

--------------------
Magic Mushrooms are just natures way of saying High!

Offlineshroomer_nick
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Aus
Re: subaeruginosa? [Re: moshroom]
    #5682648 - 05/28/06 06:11 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

moshroom said:
doesnt disgust u if u dunno whats in it.

thats my theory  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: O.C . S o. C a l .
    #5682950 - 05/28/06 09:47 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

shroomer_nick said:
Quote:

shroominDole said:
Quote:

munter1234 said:
".....but those definatly looks like subs to me............but if thats blue at all then yes they are subs................but if that colour all up the stems and on the caps is indeed blue then you got the right ones....

EDIT: shroomidole i see your from america how is it that you know this for a fact about NZ shrooms???? in my experinece i have never found any deadly mushroom in NZ to bruise blue after picking.
and if what your saying is true i should be very worried about my latest find..... which im not

this is one of those examples I was warning you about......those mushrooms could be any of several deadly mushrooms because its IMPOSSIBLE to SAFELY give a positive identifation on those or any other mushrooms in that condition.....remember.....there is a possibility these may be ingested.........

a huge amount of people come in here posting a pic of what they think might be bluing and not even close.....so say hes got a poison mushroom there that HE THINKS is bluing and eats it because you told him those ARE Psilocybe subaeruginosa with mushrooms a safe identification cant possibly be made.....

here are some pics for yall.....click.....
http://www.hiddenforest.co.nz/fungi/family/cortinariaceae/corti01p.htm

EDIT:
there are also some nice shots of the same in here...click....
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5440182/an/0/page/0

and oh ya....be sure and save some peices of your last find with a note on in the fridge.....it can take up to three weeks before symtoms of fatal Cortinarius poisoning......

found these.. are they what i think they are?

I rekon that third pic looks a bit like a sub..

once again some nice pics nick.......Deadly Cortinarius rotundisporus

hey you wouldnt of have by chance found these in the same habitat that you were searchin for SUBs in like the last 2 IDs I did on this shroom.....one from NZ the other from Oz ???

they can turn a beautiful color of BLUE.........and notice leaves that little golden spot on the cap in the middle so characteristic of SOME Aeruginosa after they can fade ....

and thanks for the quote on my concerns in my original reply for this ID request as NOTORIOUS apparently failed to read it as he failed to address my original reply what so ever and was more busy replying to a quote of Bluemeanie or was confused with another thread Im not sure which.....

and want to point out since it obviously slipped by you...
Quote:

jamesnumber1 said:

"I'm fairly confident they are subaeruginosas ...........they had a brown spore print and turned very blue"

Cortinarius rotundisporus has brown spores AND turns blue !!!

and remember SUBs (as can many closely related Psilocybe) can fade from dark to EXTREMELY light colored as it ages because hygrophanous (changing color)...........this is common with the great many species and variables of 'active' Psilocybes (and Hypholomas) which I am well associated with over the years here on the west coast....

and you seem to make some pretty broad assumptions as to your knowledge and what can occur in habitat that can cover many many squaure miles probably larger than some countries thats associated with Ps. subaeruginosa in Austrailia and NZ......ESPECIALLY when dealing with(though Psilocybe and Hypholoma are saprobes).....a major MYCORHIZAL host like Pinus radiata (and others especially if native bush) as I have personally documented many deadly genera associates at my location here under Pinus radiata such as Hebeloma crustiliniforme (Poison Pie) which is obsessed with this Pine as well as bluing Boletes.......

this bluing Cort occurs growing on the underground roots of nearby trees.....if your hunting near trees to find SUBs....your in a Cortinarius habitat !

Are you really ABLE to ID as many species with out help as you claim under this tree???

but thanks for the lecture on how to properly reply to an ID request NOTORIOUS I know Im impressed.....show us HOW Its done

and here is another example of this Cort which was found up for I.D. on the same hunt for SUBs as he had them posted right along side them in the thread probably just like he found them growing next to each other.....notice the Gold colored Tops on these AND the BLUING stem.....YAH....look nuthin like a SUB.....Hmmmmmm??????????

Point blank.....here is how you seperate Psilocybe aeruginosa and Aucklandii from the problem mushrooms as I've typed countless times.....dont consider anything that doesn't bruise DISTINCLY no question BLUE....and has spores that are DARK PURPLE CHOCOLATE BROWN to DARK PURPLE BLACKISHcolored...... :thumbup:

now heres the tricky part to remember......other mushrooms can look just like SUBs AND have spores the same color..... and occur in the same habitat that are potentially deadly but  DO NOT BRUISE BLUE !

so remember SPORE color and BLUE bruising until you can distinguish with out these and you should be ALOT safer and if it you have to ask if its BLUE or the spores are PURPLISH.....IT AINT !

Edited by shroominDole (07/10/06 02:45 PM)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: subaeruginosa? [Re: shroominDole]
    #5685583 - 05/29/06 03:12 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Good advice and i believe your ID is correct.

--------------------

OfflineZenXi6
Illuminate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: subaeruginosa? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5685676 - 05/29/06 06:07 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Oh good, so at least maggots aren't unusual! *phew*!

"Ignorance is bliss" - especially if you're consuming gross bugs!

But it's ok - Even if they are still alive when they reach your stomach.. they're fucked then!! Go stomach acid!! Drying under a warm fan sounds like a good idea, and then chopping up!

--------------------
We are the Divine Universe, Incarnate!

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
Re: subaeruginosa? [Re: ZenXi6]
    #5685734 - 05/29/06 07:19 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Drying under a warm fan sounds like a good idea, and then chopping up!

Remember that heat beaks down the actives - so just a normal cool fan is perfect.

OfflineZenXi6
Illuminate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: subaeruginosa? [Re: Feelers]
    #5685738 - 05/29/06 07:23 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

oohh, didn't realize that - thanks for the tip! cool fan it is!

--------------------
We are the Divine Universe, Incarnate!

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: subaeruginosa? [Re: ZenXi6]
    #5686878 - 05/29/06 03:04 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Any maggots you have will wither up and die once you fan dry them normally. So drying them out as soon as you can will help you minimise the loss to psilocybin hungry bugs. I've watched undry ones get eaten until nothing was left. I wonder how hard they were tripping.

OfflineBread
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: subaeruginosa? [Re: Sheepish]
    #5687946 - 05/29/06 07:15 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, finally got a fan from a friend yesterday (still no idea where my one has gotten to...) and have set it up overnight, already there are dried out bugs everywhere. I'll have to clean it out and put some fresh paper down in a second. But makes me feel so much better!

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
Re: subaeruginosa? [Re: Bread]
    #5841667 - 07/10/06 08:41 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

A warm fan is fine and tends to dry things a bit better, and faster.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies