Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
*ugh* ultra-bad stuff!
    #568177 - 03/02/02 11:58 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Last night something *REALLY* weird happened to me. I'm writing this here so others may learn from my mistakes. I had a great trip about a week and a half ago on 3.5grams.. in fact I had total ego-loss. It was amazing. Now here's the thing, a couple of hours before dosing I had taken Clarinase (5mg Loratadine, 120mg Pseudoephedrine) for an allergy I had over the past couple of days. I now believe that this heavily potentiated the effects as I look at how it affected me last night. Antihistamines dry up the mucus glands and I guess that would increase absorption.

Last night, I ate approx 3.2grams dry of shrooms at 10pm. Intermittently smoked weed over the course of 5 hours and then decided that I would cook up some weed butter in order to extend the effects. I really wanted to experience what I did the previous time, remembering just how earth-shattering it really was. I ate the butter then went and sat down and watched Alice in Wonderland. 'S' was with me - he didn't eat any of the weed butter.

About 30mins later, my stomach didn't feel too good so I thought that maybe if I took a sinutab (contains: Acetaminophen 500 mg (Analgesic), Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 25 mg (Antihistamine), Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 30mg) it would fix that up. Could I be more wrong... As I was lying there watching the movie I realised I was starting to trip really hard, despite it almost being 6 hours after ingesting the shrooms. There was a loud overwhelming buzzing in my ears and it kind of felt like I was sick with a really high fever. That sort of discomfort.

Anyway, S went out to wait for a taxi and I went to wait with him. Standing there, I stared at the grass and everything went all colourful.. then all white.. then I fell. I just passed out standing.. I came to and blacked out intermittently as I was helped back inside and onto a couch. It was a really scary experience, but somehow I managed to take control of the situation in my mind and set everything right, despite not being able to attain full conciousness.

Can anyone explain what happened to me? Was it simply an extreme level 5 trip which meant I fell into a comatose state or is there more to it?

Thanks, and take care!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: *ugh* ultra-bad stuff! [Re: _JJ_]
    #568184 - 03/03/02 12:27 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

When you started tripping hard, did it feel like a regular mushroom trip or something different?

The loud buzzing, sick feeling, and fever have all happened to me before after taking products containing ephedrine/pseudoephedrine.

Also, how much of the butter did you eat?

The diphenhydramine is an anti-cholinergic drug, too. Can cause hallucinations at high doses, but you didn't take anything near a high dose.

My best bet (without knowing more) is that you were too tired after the shrooms. Eating the weed and combining it with an anticholinergic and a stimulant (ephedrine) probably just pushed you over the edge.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: *ugh* ultra-bad stuff! [Re: trendal]
    #568193 - 03/03/02 12:46 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks trendal.. It felt sort of different.. it wasn't a comfortable tripping thing.. kinda fuzzy and unclear - not really very aware. The butter probably had about 2 grams or so worth of leaf. I was really tired I do admit - the night before I had only slept 4 hours.. I don't understand how I could just pass out like that - like fall.. not just get tired and lie down. I fell in and out of conciousness - everything was unclear and fuzzy. My vision was very unclear.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #568213 - 03/03/02 12:59 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Forgot to point out that the diphenhydramine is also sold as a sleep-aid in the exact dose (25mg) that was in the pill you took. If you were already tired...that was probably what pushed you over.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: *ugh* ultra-bad stuff! [Re: trendal]
    #568256 - 03/03/02 02:28 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm.. but could a sleep-aid actually knock me out? I mean it just seems a little extreme to me.

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
    #568352 - 03/03/02 05:25 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I was taking celexa (SSRI) for a while, and I took about 20g of fresh pf classic mushies one night. Well i was out on my buddies deck and 4 of use were smoking a blunt and all of a sudden everything went very colorful, then black, and the next thing i remember my friend "A" was helping off the floor of the deck. And as soon as I got up, i blacked out again and fell. My friends helped me to the couch after that and I was fine. That never happened to be before, or since, even when mixing more mushrooms with the celexa. WHen I think back I can not remember if I took any other type of medication that night, but I do not think I did.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: *ugh* ultra-bad stuff! [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #568357 - 03/03/02 05:35 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds very similar actually. Except you were fine after the initial fainting.. I was heavily.. fucked. Not sure whether it could really be tripping. My mind was there.. but disturbed and unclear. The cannabutter could explain that however, I guess.. But still.. It worries me.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
    #568414 - 03/03/02 08:41 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Okay. I've figured it out. I OD'ed on weed of all things. I used probably around 4grams worth of leaf and bud. This is sativa stuff and I now know is VERY potent. I had psychosis for the 2 or so hours I was still sort of concious.

These links might be of interest:
http://users.lycaeum.org/~sputnik/Ludlow/early.html
--> http://users.lycaeum.org/~sputnik/Ludlow/Texts/overdose.html
--> http://users.lycaeum.org/~sputnik/Ludlow/Texts/oday.html

Edited by _JJ_ (03/03/02 08:41 AM)

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #568434 - 03/03/02 09:14 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I also take antihistamines, you might want to change to something like triludan wich is also non-sedative, i also took clarinase but it made me some rash. Triludan main chemical is terfenadine, it is made by Hoechst.
I think i've read something at erowid about the use of antihistamines and shrooms, it is like a cut down effect, making the trip go away. You had a different reaction, perhaps due to the fact you mixed more chemicals.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds