Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebraindoner
Stranger
Help Quick!
    #567871 - 03/02/02 03:41 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This is my first time doing rye grains and I got the grains to the right moisture content last night, sterilzed 6 quart jars right now, have 5 more to go, but don't have the time to do 'em now.... :frown:  How long will an unsterilized jar go before it contams, and rots, or whatever....thanks
-brain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGaHippy
Re: Help Quick! [Re: braindoner]
    #567896 - 03/02/02 04:19 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Whats going on ? Well I am doing rye jars 1 pint ..... Dude you have to be relly Clean if you have a pressure cooker USE IT!! dont be in a hurry ... I am new at this too I have failed and failed but now I have perfect rye jars...almost done about to put them in the Fruiting chamber 8-) .... Look you need to use a presser cooker . you need a relly clean place .. Dude i am useing a spare bathroom to do mine .. That is the reason they worked this time REAL CLEAN ......good luck dude

Invisiblebraindoner
Stranger
Re: Help Quick! [Re: GaHippy]
    #567903 - 03/02/02 04:30 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

All I wanna know is how long will a moisturized jar of rye (only rye, no spores, etc) last w/o pressure cooking.......

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #567913 - 03/02/02 04:47 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

after a few days they will germinate and sprout roots and shprouts; and can grow a few inches in teh jar; it looks kinda cool. if its not too far along and you PC after a day or three they will kinda shrink back up into the kernel. if theyre growing roots and leaves and shit; just prepare more jars.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #567915 - 03/02/02 04:51 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well the endospheres germinated last night. So in two or three days you're going to have major contams starting. I'd try to PC late tonight or tomorrow one. Monday may be ok but the sooner, the better. Make time soon or get ready to pitch them. Just my opinion.:peace: 

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

Invisiblebraindoner
Stranger
Re: Help Quick! [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #567917 - 03/02/02 04:52 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

you rule bro.....thanks for the reply.....does the 'sprouting' increase contam possibilities, or reduce final product quality?

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #567924 - 03/02/02 05:00 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

no it doesnt increase contams at all. actually i think it may help as teh grains open up therefore myc might be able to reach in there and colonize it all; not just the shell but thats just a theory.
ive let rye jars set in a 50-6- degree basement over a week and very little cobweb started in a couple jars; though temps were very low. letting mold spores germinate can actually help in killing them as the living tissue dies at a lower temp than is required to kill the spores. same with mushrooms too.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck