Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemoblar
Stranger
Outdoor Cultivation
    #567793 - 03/02/02 03:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, a friend of mine has a friend who wants to grow shrooms outside this spring and summer. Another friend has decided to donate him a few quarts of rye grain fully colonized under perfect conditions of whatever strain would do best outside (ideas?). Now, he's not sure how to go about it. He want to do it in a feild near his house somewhere, and, he's read T.H.E. tek but isn't sure how he should pull this off. He wants something that doesnt look suspisios to walkers (perlite, rubbermaids coverings etc.) so he was thinking maybe he could just make a bed? I guess the biggest problem is humidity, so, does he have to wait untill the later months of spring when it starts raining or not? Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSumGuy
addict

Re: Outdoor Cultivation [Re: moblar]
    #567843 - 03/02/02 05:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Someone I know tried to use grain outside before and the squirrels ate it up .. I would say you should use those as spawn on something like straw, dung, or compost if you have any experience with those ... I think there's a bulk tek w/ straw on sporeworks.com that tells you how to use the spent straw cake outside after you've gotten yer flushes .. i would immagine if you used a fresh straw cake that's been colonized in the same way it would work... as for the humidity im not sure how to keep that up without the rubbermaids .. but using rubbermaids almost the same thing as indoors? Maybe in a shadey place you could place your bed and spray with a misting attachment on a hose?

--------------------
-SumGuy :cool:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation