Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Religions [Re: loopin20]
    #5676494 - 05/26/06 10:12 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

loopin20 said:
For that reason I believe all truth may and likely is contained within one book.

That's what I think as well. The official phone directory of Qwest, Dex.

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Religions [Re: loopin20]
    #5676541 - 05/26/06 10:27 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

loopin20 said:
I think God does use religion as a tool for teaching.  Not sure if it is a "need" per se, but historically I believe it has been used by him to provide his truth to people.

I think that this doesn't make a lot of sense, but then, I do not see an entity to be referred to as "God", nor any aspect of the universe or reality that needs to or should be objectified in such a manner.

It simply does not reflect the reality of the matter as it can be directly perceived. We can focus inward, become more aware of our experience of reality, right here and now, within this present moment, and we will subsequently realize more dimensions and aspects of reality and ourselves. Doing this doesn't make apparent some ultimate form, to be referred to as a person that initiates action and acts through others, etc. etc. etc.

It simply opens oneself up to one's experience of what it is to be alive and aware, to realize and deeply understand reality and its nature. One doesn't find a "god", and it is greatly possible that anyone who does is projecting a higher sense of one's own identity, as though one were reality itself. One realizes reality and associates it with oneself and one's held image, which thus seperates one from one's direct perception and knowing of reality...

It is a completely unnecessary lens that can either glaringly or subtly obscure one's direct perception of reality, thereby detrimentally effecting one's ability to effectively navigate and propagate reality.

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineloopin20
Stranger
Female
Re: Religions [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5676729 - 05/26/06 11:21 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

My view of God is that there are many literal gods with the power of creation. I don't view God as one being who directs and controls all things. I see the power of godhood as the power of creation that comes to individuals as part of their eternal progression. Godhood is the highest level of progression, and while gods are perfect beings with perfect knowledge, they still continue to progress though their continued creation of lesser beings. We each have within us the power of creation. We can draw from universal intelligence and form individual intelligence. This power lies dormant in the stage that we are now living. We can participate in creation and do so all the time. We also draw forth material things from the spiritual realm. Ultimately not all beings will progress to the level of god, but many will. It is at that stage where the power of creation becomes active. We were all created by a god, and that god is the one to whom we will eventually have to answer for the brief time that we spend during the test that we call mortality. When I say answer, I mean that we will have to account for the things that he allowed us to have during this life. I will be accountable for my talents, for the children I was given to raise, for my body, and so forth. If I abuse these things, I believe that I will not be in a position to be given the power of creation.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom