Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrhappy
journeyman
Loc: Illinois
stupid question about PF/MMGG TEK
    #566770 - 03/01/02 10:45 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I plan to try cultivating some cubies using the PF tek (via MMGG 3.2). I was planning to use the humidifier (although I see that some people are pushing perlite instead--I'll have to think about that). Anyway, here's the stupid, idiotic, let me demonstrate just how clueless I am question: In the diagrams of the humidifier set up, the 2 liter soda bottles are all oriented at a downward (but not straight downward) angle that would require some kind of support--is this crucial, or can you just stand them up straight? I honestly tried to find the info (searched through the archives, etc.), so I wouldn't have to inflict dumbass questions on you nice folks, but could find no mention of it. Thanks in advance for the help and for your patience with my knuckleheadedness.

"I wasn't lookin' too good, but I was feelin' real well"

P.S. Any reccomendations on what strain of P. Cubensis I should order? Potency and yield are less important to me (for now) than ease of cultivation. Also, can I assume that any of the spore syringe sources who sponsor this bulletin board will provide good, healthy syringes in a decent timeframe?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStonerSteve
Stranger
Re: stupid question about PF/MMGG TEK [Re: mrhappy]
    #566774 - 03/01/02 10:51 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I can't answer your question, but www.sporeworks.com is very reliable and time efficent.

OfflineCynicalMagician
enthusiast
    #566816 - 03/01/02 11:28 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

The bottles only act as chambers, and dont have anything to do with angle or slope or anything (that I can tell anyway). Straight up would be fine. Although what I saw one guy do was set up a little rack thing for his bottles so that they sat straight up and down but upside down, so all he had to do to get the water out of them periodically was unscrew the cap.

--------------------
----------------------

"Order some golf shoes," I whispered. "Otherwise, we'll never get out of this place alive. You notice these lizards don't have any trouble moving around in this muck - that's because they have ~claws~ on their feet."

OfflineL3D
enthusiast
    #567041 - 03/01/02 03:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I don't belive that the bottles do anything better upside down.
And easy way to mount htem that way(will also decrease the chance of the thing tipping over would be to get a pice of wood just thicker than the bottle top cap and drill some holes spaced evenly apart the size of the bottle cap. then you put the pice of wood down slide the bottles in and your all set to go.

Just my 2 cents
L3D

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #567124 - 03/01/02 05:09 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

You can take three and tape them together. It takes up less
shelf space and works like a charm.

*note the air pump in this pic was not needed and was done away with.
Good luck!:peace:

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

Offlinesillvyr

Loc: under a tree
    #567164 - 03/01/02 06:08 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well, WakingUpLate's system works well, but a steep angle can also work quite well. I was having lots of water building up and blocking the line, so I have a descending order to my humidifier setup and it solves the problem. The humidifier is tallest, each of the coke bottles is lower than the next and the water just drips out of the line. Do whatever you need to do, as long as water can't block the line, you're fine.

--------------------
The "Little Mushrooms" are but emisaries to the Overmind.....

Offlinemrhappy
journeyman
Loc: Illinois
Re: stupid question about PF/MMGG TEK [Re: sillvyr]
    #567297 - 03/01/02 09:35 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

You folks are great--that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for (still open to suggestions on best strain of P. Cubensis for a not very bright beginner). I greatly appreciate all the help you folks give so freely. To borrow a phrase, "Stay shroomy!" and thanks again.

--------------------

Offlinedi11rod

my suggestion... [Re: mrhappy]
    #567531 - 03/02/02 03:57 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

as for which strain, I know this guy and he's perhaps the dumbest guy I know. He has been working with ecadorian, B+ and lippa Yai during the past few months. Now this guy has NEVER had a harvest or flush anything like the pictures you see on this site. he gets maybe three or four per 1/2 pint cake max! Sometimes his cakes never do anything.

Well, in these conditions, the equadorian has produced the most.

just my observation of a total retard.

dillrod

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
Re: my suggestion... [Re: di11rod]
    #569718 - 03/04/02 02:55 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

in a 4x8 tray, cased rye grain has about 27 pins on it, less 15 days after casing.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags