Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Religions
    #5671656 - 05/25/06 05:53 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Since ALL religions are man-made.

How can any one religion claim to be the ONLY TRUE religion???

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGAPEMYLOTUS11
Motherfucker
Male
Loc: Poland
Re: Religions [Re: niteowl]
    #5671708 - 05/25/06 06:35 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

That is the question. Most simply put, the faithful are closed minded. Does anybody want to hang me now?

--------------------
Why is my mushroom so small?

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Religions [Re: GAPEMYLOTUS11]
    #5671719 - 05/25/06 06:41 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Most....if not all...religious people are blind.

Blinded by a religion that cares nothing about them........only the money they place in its coffers each sunday.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5672110 - 05/25/06 10:04 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

perhaps religions are correct but their followers generally are not, because their teachers have a tendency to be just as "blind" as they are?

Take the Christian who attains Christ-Consciousness and spreads the word through nomadic living.... vs the guy who has a very comfortable material life, reads the Bible, has some peace but is missing the big picture.... so assumes that because of what he has, the Bible must be the only way, and begins preaching without the proper authority to really know this "God" of his, and certainly without adequate levels of Christ transformation.

Now factor in society's use of religion at large and you have a mixing pot of dogmatically programmed souls.... some are broken because of it, torn between guilt and believing that they are inferior and incapable of being worthy of God's love. Some pierce their way through these teachings to the source and then become what their religion is supposed to be about.

Many claim adherence but actually don't practice spiritually at all or follow the teachings. Just like everyone likes Carrie Underwood.

It was said to me by a professor that dogmatic religions rely on the throat and solar plexus chakras (principles of heaven and hell through transmission of speech/scripture) in order to get people to devote themselves to moral living.

But there are open source ways such as simply meditating into enlightenment wihtout dogma, relying on the crown. Then there is just being a loving person and letting that be your religion.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (05/25/06 10:07 AM)

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Religions [Re: leery11]
    #5672262 - 05/25/06 10:53 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

perhaps religions are correct

Virtually ALL religions have the same core beliefs.

In my opinion religion is just a money making tool for con artists. Are there some good preachers out there.....yes.....are they in the majority........no.
My wife worked a few years for an accountant. There was not one preacher making less than $80,000 per year.........not ONE

Preachers remind me so much of politicians. :puke:

What gets me is that these con artists are so easy to see. At least for me they are easy to see. Anyone who preaches tolerance.....then agrees with a "Zero Tolerance Policy" is clearly a hypocrite.

It boggles my mind to know that there are that many gullible people in the world.

If they actually believe in the "word" then they wouldn't act the way they do.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5672749 - 05/25/06 12:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:

Simple: They deny that it's man-made.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Religions [Re: Silversoul]
    #5673128 - 05/25/06 01:44 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

To every reply so far. :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #5673312 - 05/25/06 02:38 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

they can't.

all religions are right in some ways and wrong in others.

the one true religion is the one that unifies all the religions.

Because they all pretty much tell the same story and have the same morals.

many people have tried to unify the world's religions, but I think the person who came closest if not succeeded in doing so was Drunvalo Melchizedek. You sir, are a badass. Truly, I will always be in your debt.

too bad 99% of people are too dumb to understand ol Drunvalo.

But hey, just about anyone can understand Lao Tzu!

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #5673402 - 05/25/06 03:09 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:

Since ALL niteowls are less than 100 years old, how can they make such bold statements about things that took place thousands of years ago?

Same answer, arogance

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5673580 - 05/25/06 03:55 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
perhaps religions are correct

Virtually ALL religions have the same core beliefs.

In my opinion religion is just a money making tool for con artists. Are there some good preachers out there.....yes.....are they in the majority........no.
My wife worked a few years for an accountant. There was not one preacher making less than $80,000 per year.........not ONE

Preachers remind me so much of politicians. :puke:

What gets me is that these con artists are so easy to see. At least for me they are easy to see. Anyone who preaches tolerance.....then agrees with a "Zero Tolerance Policy" is clearly a hypocrite.

It boggles my mind to know that there are that many gullible people in the world.

If they actually believe in the "word" then they wouldn't act the way they do.

you are confusing things a bit.

The religoing of Christianity says things like... you cannot be rich and go to heaven. Give away your posessions. Give to the poor. Do not suppor the church. The churches are corrupt.

The AUTHORITIES that TEACH Christianity are what you are referring to.

And I ask you, how do people make money off of Taoism, Budhdism, Hinduism? Do you know what monks do? They take up a life of poverty. They sit around and meditate all day. Sure their temples are decorated nice (and I don't object to this at all, it makes for a peaceful environment) and sure they ask for donations.

But they ask for it because they don't do anything else. Hindus are known to practice extreme asceticism...... severely denying their body what it naturally wants.

Your gripe has nothing to do with religion. Religion starts out pure and is polluted in time by authority. Authority is where you need to cast your statements.

It's the western plague. Rape the value out of everything then sell it like it's God to everyone regardless of whether or not they want to buy it. For many people saying "I'm a Christian" is the same as saying "I'm white." it just doesn't even occur to them WHAT being a Christian is. They just happened to be ensared by some memes and never got the chance to strip themselves of it.

The reason religions are deprvaed is not because religions are bad. They are extremely useful for anyone who wants to break free of societies erroneous ways and to attain inner harmony. The problem is just that people mess the teachings up because they don't know what they are doing or they deliberately want to exploit others.

It's authority. Not religion.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Religions [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5673696 - 05/25/06 04:32 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
all religions are right in some ways and wrong in others.

The only time religions are wrong......is when they claim to be the "Only way to God/enlightenment"

If everyone practiced what they preached.....the world would be a much better place.

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Since ALL niteowls are less than 100 years old, how can they make such bold statements about things that took place thousands of years ago?

Same answer, arogance

What was so bold about my statement?
That all religion is man-made? Thats not arrogance......that is a FACT.

So, is understanding the nature of religion arrogance?
All religions and show you the way to God/enlightenment. Many people within these religions have reached enlightenment, proving my statement.

Claiming "I'm right and you're wrong" is much more arrogant in my opinion.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #5673729 - 05/25/06 04:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
perhaps religions are correct but their followers generally are not, because their teachers have a tendency to be just as "blind" as they are?

Perhaps. Religion, however, is not a concept that is set in stone. Religion exists as its practice and its continuance. It is also a fallacy to assume that religion itself is infallible, and its shortcomings and errors are merely resultant from religion's mispractice.

Honestly, I do not think that religion can, in any real manner, be evaluated and judged as "correct" or "incorrect". Religion can be useful as a reference for one's path in life. Religion is not the path, nor should it be. 

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#5676193 - 05/26/06 07:52 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
you are confusing things a bit.

The religoing of Christianity says things like... you cannot be rich and go to heaven. Give away your posessions. Give to the poor. Do not suppor the church. The churches are corrupt.

The AUTHORITIES that TEACH Christianity are what you are referring to.

Yes....you're correct...I should have been more clear in my statements.
My beef is with organized religions. And the sheep who follow them.
Primarily the Judaic/Christian/Muslim sheep.
I don't see Buddhism/Hinduism as organized religions.

For any religious person to state that their path is the only true path is no different than a racist stating that their race is the best.
Bigotry pure and simple.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #5676235 - 05/26/06 08:13 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I thought you ment that all religions are human fiction

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Religions [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5676255 - 05/26/06 08:20 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

As compared to what, "human nonfiction"? :grin:

If we are going to stick with that manner of classification, than religions would be more fiction than nonfiction, obviously.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Religions [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5676280 - 05/26/06 08:34 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

They are human fiction.
Each and every form of religion from Buddhism to Christianity is a mixture of minor historical facts, some common wisdom for a civilized society, and much elaboration, speculation and embellishment.

Yet they all have the same core message.

The only time things go wrong is when one group claims to have the "best" story. This is the same as racism/bigotry :shake:

No one religion is any better or worse than the others.
They can all lead to enlightenment.

If you think your religion is the best, then you haven't gotten very much enlightenment from your religion.

--------------------

Offlineloopin20
Stranger
Female
    #5676302 - 05/26/06 08:42 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

If you believe that there is only one god and that he is an orderly god, then I believe the logical conclusion would be that that god has singularity of purpose and would only have need of one religion. The various denominations are man-made. The only exception would be the religion of that one god. That religion would be God's religion and the only completely true religion. All religions have some truth in certain of their doctrines. The question for me is whether a religion as a whole can be only "partly true" and still be "true religion". If it has false doctrine, I don't see why I would want to have that religion in my life. Thus, I seek a pure religion with God's whole truth. Is it on Earth today? Seek and ye shall find...

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Religions [Re: loopin20]
    #5676422 - 05/26/06 09:37 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

loopin20 said:
If you believe that there is only one god and that he is an orderly god, then I believe the logical conclusion would be that that god has singularity of purpose and would only have need of one religion.

God does not need religion.
Man needs religion.

Quote:

The various denominations are man-made

Denominations of what.........The King James version of the bible???

Are you talking about Baptists, Methodists, Church of Christ.......

I'm talking about ALL biblical texts Old Testament, New testament, King James Version, The Torah, The Koran.....they are all man-made and there for not perfect.

Quote:

All religions have some truth in certain of their doctrines. The question for me is whether a religion as a whole can be only "partly true" and still be "true religion".

That is the hard part with old texts. Trying to sift out the speculation and embellishments from the true meaning of what they were trying to get across.

Quote:

If it has false doctrine, I don't see why I would want to have that religion in my life.

Every religion from The Torah to The Old Testament to the Koran to the King James Version......is full of speculation, embellishment and myth (false doctrine)

Quote:

Thus, I seek a pure religion with God's whole truth.

The "whole truth" isn't in any book.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#5676440 - 05/26/06 09:49 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

loopin20 said:
If you believe that there is only one god and that he is an orderly god, then I believe the logical conclusion would be that that god has singularity of purpose and would only have need of one religion.

If one were to believe this, then one would be lost. It is through the assumption that one's practice is ordained as God's Pure Religion that all of the righteous, authoriative, egotistical bullshit arises.

If one has found a practice that is effective in bringing one's focus into the present moment and giving one more oppurtunity to live in communion with one's higher self, then that is exquisite. The path is useful and practical, and one should live it.

Keep it at that. Don't overly conceptualize it or start thinking about "god" and whether or not it is his true path. Simply focus on the moment and one's experience of it, and bring more, higher awareness into it. :thumbup:

Its simple and pure, and anyone who simply lives life as the path they have chosen (their life :grin:) will benefit for it. The more one's path becomes externalized and conceptualized, the less one is within it, which is completely contrary to the point.

Eh? :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineloopin20
Stranger
Female
    #5676445 - 05/26/06 09:51 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

niteowl-

I think God does use religion as a tool for teaching. Not sure if it is a "need" per se, but historically I believe it has been used by him to provide his truth to people. Unfortunately, men will taint God's word and use it for their purposes. But God knows every man's heart. IMO he knows what a person will choose to do in any particular situation. That's how he chooses his prophets. He knows that his prophets will pass on truth, untainted. Revelation is personal, however, and anyone who wants truth must find it for his or her self. This knowledge does not come out of books but rather out of spiritual communication. Meditation is the key for me. I have my own method and it works. I also pray. I also read and ask God to reveal to me the truth or falsity of the things I read. He does.

By denominations I was referring to the differing churches.

All in all, I'm on the same page with you I think. However, I do believe that a book can be perfect even when it comes from the hand of a man if that man is receiving divine inspiration. While the text may be flawed, the meaning that can be derived therefrom through prayer and meditation is perfect. For that reason I believe all truth may and likely is contained within one book.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#5676494 - 05/26/06 10:12 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

loopin20 said:
For that reason I believe all truth may and likely is contained within one book.

That's what I think as well. The official phone directory of Qwest, Dex.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#5676541 - 05/26/06 10:27 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

loopin20 said:
I think God does use religion as a tool for teaching.  Not sure if it is a "need" per se, but historically I believe it has been used by him to provide his truth to people.

I think that this doesn't make a lot of sense, but then, I do not see an entity to be referred to as "God", nor any aspect of the universe or reality that needs to or should be objectified in such a manner.

It simply does not reflect the reality of the matter as it can be directly perceived. We can focus inward, become more aware of our experience of reality, right here and now, within this present moment, and we will subsequently realize more dimensions and aspects of reality and ourselves. Doing this doesn't make apparent some ultimate form, to be referred to as a person that initiates action and acts through others, etc. etc. etc.

It simply opens oneself up to one's experience of what it is to be alive and aware, to realize and deeply understand reality and its nature. One doesn't find a "god", and it is greatly possible that anyone who does is projecting a higher sense of one's own identity, as though one were reality itself. One realizes reality and associates it with oneself and one's held image, which thus seperates one from one's direct perception and knowing of reality...

It is a completely unnecessary lens that can either glaringly or subtly obscure one's direct perception of reality, thereby detrimentally effecting one's ability to effectively navigate and propagate reality.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineloopin20
Stranger
Female
Re: Religions [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5676729 - 05/26/06 11:21 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

My view of God is that there are many literal gods with the power of creation. I don't view God as one being who directs and controls all things. I see the power of godhood as the power of creation that comes to individuals as part of their eternal progression. Godhood is the highest level of progression, and while gods are perfect beings with perfect knowledge, they still continue to progress though their continued creation of lesser beings. We each have within us the power of creation. We can draw from universal intelligence and form individual intelligence. This power lies dormant in the stage that we are now living. We can participate in creation and do so all the time. We also draw forth material things from the spiritual realm. Ultimately not all beings will progress to the level of god, but many will. It is at that stage where the power of creation becomes active. We were all created by a god, and that god is the one to whom we will eventually have to answer for the brief time that we spend during the test that we call mortality. When I say answer, I mean that we will have to account for the things that he allowed us to have during this life. I will be accountable for my talents, for the children I was given to raise, for my body, and so forth. If I abuse these things, I believe that I will not be in a position to be given the power of creation.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale