Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: 1 Myco + Ecuadorean = 147g wet - REPORT [Re: sloluva]
    #569644 - 03/04/02 01:35 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

I m just a happy loyal customer slo nothing more. I own a business and trust me I know the importance of happy repeat customers. I dont know the guys at sporeworks personally nor do I have any kind of stake in the company or benefit at all. Matter of fact I bought 6 bags today from Dr Bluethumbs to run a comparison. If those bags do well I will report it. If you read all the past history you will see that Workman has answered all of the same questions or comments Ralph is posting right now over a month ago when I first came to this forum. I have nothing to gain here regardless. Looks like tappuck is now in the same boat I was a month ago is why I responded. If you dont like my posts or comments you surely dont have to read them.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesloluva

Loc: Ohio
Re: 1 Myco + Ecuadorean = 147g wet - REPORT [Re: SouthernGent]
    #569649 - 03/04/02 01:38 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

It's not a question of me liking your posts or not, it's that your posts tend to be inflammatory. I (and most others) am/are here to learn, share ideas and have fun. By the same token, you could ignore Ralphster and not feed the flames.

My .02

Peas,

Slo

Offlinetappuck
journeyman
Re: 1 Myco + Ecuadorean = 147g wet - REPORT [Re: sloluva]
    #569656 - 03/04/02 01:45 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Slo,

Sure, pm here or there. I grew Somniferums last year and harvested opium. I also wrote poppies.org's dried poppy head laudaunum faq. ;-) Another hobby of mine. In comparison, it's much easier to grow mushrooms than successful somniferums!

Tappuck

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
Re: 1 Myco + Ecuadorean = 147g wet - REPORT [Re: ralphster44]
    #569658 - 03/04/02 01:48 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Ralph, I believe the logic behind the bags is so that one can provide a n00b with a sterile substrate and a very high chance for success on his/her first try.

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

Invisiblesloluva

Loc: Ohio
Re: 1 Myco + Ecuadorean = 147g wet - REPORT [Re: tappuck]
    #569660 - 03/04/02 01:48 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

"In comparison, it's much easier to grow mushrooms than successful somniferums! "

Oh great... I'm screwed... lol.

I'll PM you soon, thanks and good luck!

Peas,

Slo

Offlinetappuck
journeyman
Re: 1 Myco + Ecuadorean = 147g wet - REPORT [Re: Nighted]
    #569662 - 03/04/02 01:50 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Nighted - Exactly correct! At least in my case.

Tappuck

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #569670 - 03/04/02 01:58 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

In reply to:

I will therefore keep my impression that bags are an unnecessary waste of money.

Beer is unnecessary and a waste of money :wink: yet I still buy it...

I don't think anyone is arguing they are better, especially not $$ wise. But I get emails all the time from people asking for EASY ways to grow mushrooms, these are people who think the PF tek is hard :laugh:

Listen Ralph, I just don't get you on this one, of course you think the bag is silly.. BUT what about newbies and people looking for no brainers on growing mushrooms.. Inject a bag, let it grow, no work..

Its another OPTION to growing, not a replacement, not better/worse, just different..

So many newbies look for kits, they want everything done for them, and many get suckered into buying expensive kits for $150 dollars or even more...

These bags are a great solution to those people especially, I've turned people away from expensive kits many times in emails, and now I suggest if they want something simple try these bags... I'm hoping that using these bags people see what fun this hobby is and want to get into it seriously.

I really don't think many people will only buy bags, yes to try them out, or to start out first with these, but man what person wouldn't want to really start growing once you see your first mushrooms grow :smile:

Offlinetappuck
journeyman
Re: 1 Myco + Ecuadorean = 147g wet - REPORT [Re: Thor]
    #569698 - 03/04/02 02:34 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Hey Thor,

That's me you describe. After success with the bags, I've now printed the PF Tek (I didn't even know what PF was) and am reading it to figure out how to do some of this stuff myself.

The bags were so much fun and I really impressed my shroom-mates too!

Upward and onward!

Tappuck

Offlinetappuck
journeyman
    #569716 - 03/04/02 02:53 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

I got a few PM's asking exactly what I did, so here it is. Ask me questions if any gaps need filling:

Okay, here's what I did exactly.

After injecting 2cc's in each bag and taping over the hole on 1/28, I put all
five bags back in the boxes that they were shipped to me in and taped closed
the box tops so it was dark. I have the boxes sitting on top of an
inexpensive heating pad that I got from KMart and have set to medium heat. I
don't even know what the temperature is. I checked in on them about once per
week. Once there was a good covering of the white mycelium growth, I'd say
about day 19, I opened the box. They are near a window but get no direct sun
light, just ambient, bright light. I also turned off the heating pad for 24
hours and then turned it back on at medium heat again. About 5 days later I
saw tiny mushrooms appearing and 5 days after that, I harvested the first bag
on 3/1. I harvested bag 2 and 3 on 3/2. Bag 4 needs another few days, but has
a half dozen well-formed and growing mushrooms, and
nothing but white mycelium in bag 5 still. Bag 3 already has about 4 more
small mushrooms coming.

One thing I did notice is that my bags are very very humid all the time. Also, I had meant to turn off the heat for just a few hours, but I forgot to turn it back on until the next day.

That's it.

Tappuck

Offlinestantheman
    #569729 - 03/04/02 03:13 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

ralph,
we buy the bags because:
a) they're easy. simple as that.
b) we don't use them for bulk production, just for my dog and his friends.
c) you don't have to PC, you don't have to case, you don't have to do anything. you inject, you store, you pick. it's really that simple.

so why do we use bags? because we want to. will i continue to pay 8 bucks for a bag? who knows? i'm not in this for the money, so the "bottom line" isn't there. we don't use much, so it's the perfect size. why do we use them? who cares? you don't want them, so what. don't degrade people who do.

Offlinetappuck
journeyman
    #569762 - 03/04/02 04:15 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Almost done drying, probably another 12 hours under the fan. I'm down from 384 grams wet weight to 57 grams dry. I'll bet I end up with around 52 from the first flushes of the first 3 bags.

Tappuck

Anonymous

#569936 - 03/04/02 08:37 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Tappuck

Sounds like you have some pretty shitty shrooms. Hate to see what your weed is like.

Leaf

Anonymous

#569944 - 03/04/02 08:46 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Tappuck

Also, for the life of me, I can't understand why four other people would want to do shrooms with somebody as arrogant as you. Your wife, maybe. Cause she probably has to. But the rest of the group? What the fuck is up with that?

Leaf

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 1 Myco + Ecuadorean = 147g wet - REPORT [Re: Thor]
    #570027 - 03/04/02 10:16 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Thanks Thor, you have a perfect grasp of the concept that seems to periodically escape ralphster.

The myco-bag's simplity and high rate of success should attract people that would never otherwise even get started. Many of which will move on to purchase spores, growing supplies and perhaps even hydrapods as their interest and skills increase. Its a market building tool that should help all vendors and the OMC in the long run. I think everyone understands that the bags are not economical for long term growing.

I have made it my personal policy to never reply to ralphster directly on the bulletin boards or in any email or PM. I just can't stand the guy and I think it pisses him off to ignore him (at least I hope it does). It's a personal problem and I am seeking counseling.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: tappuck]
    #570077 - 03/04/02 11:14 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Offlinetappuck
journeyman
Re: 1 Myco + Ecuadorean = 147g wet - REPORT [Re: Anonymous]
    #570123 - 03/05/02 12:17 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Thanks guys! Having a lot of fun with it. Just purchased some more supplies for the next step. I also have spores from THE I got recently as part of a promotion to help support the site. I'll give these a try with my new toys!

So, Mycotek and Workman, what are your favorite type of spores/mushrooms? I've tried Mazatapecs and have the Ecuadoreans above and the THE spores are C Tasmania.

Tappuck

Edited by tappuck (03/05/02 08:58 AM)

Offlinehippy_lettuce
enthusiast
    #570132 - 03/05/02 12:29 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

one reason you might not have gotten visuals from 3gs is because of your drying methods. try the equivalent of about 4 grams in fresh dosage and i can gurantee that you will be hallucinating and if im wrong then i promise you that i wont do a damn thing, lol, crazy flushes, i was thinking of trying a bag just for fun, seems like an easy way to grow mushrooms

--------------------
F.B.I. got a file on me, set all drug offenders free...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: 1 Myco + Ecuadorean = 147g wet - REPORT [Re: Anonymous]
    #570149 - 03/05/02 12:49 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Imo, the full dose is how they were intended to be taken and that is what is considerd a legal dose (5g/170lb).

Intended by whom? A legal dose? In what country are you speaking of? Is less or more an illegal dose in those countries?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

#570242 - 03/05/02 03:48 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

I was reading through the post and it occured to me that the 3 dried grams Tappuck dosed probably were just as mature are those EQ's in the pics... Tappuck, the reason you want to pick them right when the veil breaks is because the mushroom stops producing the magic(psilocybin) when it begins sporulating... So if you grow it out past this point you're going to have a larger shroom, more wieght, with the same amount of magic in it.. So you're 3 grams dried, assuming you completely dried them, might have been a 1.5 or 2 gram dose of properly haversted shrooms... just a thought, feel free to tell me if I'm wrong guys :smile:

roy

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Offlinetappuck
journeyman
Re: 1 Myco + Ecuadorean = 147g wet - REPORT [Re: roykinn]
    #570376 - 03/05/02 09:03 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Roykin,

It's definitely possible and quite probably. All my mushrooms were harvested after the veil broke and usually within 24 hours of that. Some were harvested shortly after I noticed spores had dropped out and discolored what was below them (dark black almost). Again, this seemed to occur very quickly after the veil broke. I'd still say it was less than 48 hours.

Thanks!

Tappuck

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates