Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesa_mull
Seeker ofKnowledge
Male User Gallery

Loc: IO
Help Please! Frozen spores!
    #5668024 - 05/24/06 09:42 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I'm a begginer with the whole process. and started a small batch just over a week ago. I first did 6-500ml jars. unfortunitly only 4 fit in the PC at a time, and the first batch of 4 jars lost all its water in the PC and came out brown :frown: no growth on them yet, but the other 2 from the second PC batch are doing great.

anyways on with my question.. I was saving the other half of the spore syringe to make more when i had time and room. that time was today but i opened up my fridge to find all the water bottles in there FROZEN.... and my syringe right next to it... The solution in the syringe is not frozen, and i immediatly turned it down. will this ruin the spores or not?

any help with the Extra Cooked substrate or frozen temp spores is GREATLY appreciated!

sa_mull

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Help Please! Frozen spores! [Re: sa_mull]
    #5668108 - 05/24/06 10:23 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Throw away the burnt substrate. It can't be repaired. The spores will be fine since the water in the syringes didn't freeze solid. Freezing would likely destroy the cell walls of the spores, but just being very cold is fine.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Help Please! Frozen spores! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5668300 - 05/24/06 11:16 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Actually, spores are a little more resiliant than you would expect.
They can withstand long periods of hydration or dehydration.
They can withstand temps in the mid to high hundreds, or be frozen solid when dry or stored in solution.
Although I'm sure time and temps do have an adverse effect on a spores quality and viability.
Chances of the spores in a frozen syringe being completely destroyed are pretty slim.

From personal experience and testing.

Offlinesa_mull
Seeker ofKnowledge
Male User Gallery

Loc: IO
Re: Help Please! Frozen spores! [Re: Shdwstr]
    #5668450 - 05/24/06 11:51 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Thanx for the info, i'll be inoculating 2moro and keep u up to date with the progress.

thanx again :smile:

sa_mull

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate