Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePaT
Loc: milwaukee, wisconsin
Trippin by yourself...
    #565317 - 02/27/02 11:12 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I know a lot of people say that on your first trip that you should be with friends and/or someone experienced. But if i dont have anyone to do it with, is it still generally pretty cool to take not a whole lot and be by yourself?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehippy_lettuce
enthusiast
Re: Trippin by yourself... [Re: PaT]
    #565324 - 02/27/02 11:19 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

the first time i ate shrooms was with "friends" and i had a horrible time, i have never shroomed with any other person since then and all my trips have been amazing, beautiful experiences
only my opinion, some people only shroom with others.

--------------------
F.B.I. got a file on me, set all drug offenders free...

OfflineMarleyBob
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USSA
    #565327 - 02/27/02 11:22 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I took my first trip ever(on mushrooms) by myself in my house with no one home and no one expected for the next 3 days. My friends came over later but i was alone for a good part of it. It was one of the best trips of my life, one of the few times i have eaten mushrooms i grew myself. It was awesome, its pretty much up to you and how you feel about tripping alone and if you think you can handle yourself.

Remember, its only a drug. :wink:

InvisibleNGC4414
unknowable

#565329 - 02/27/02 11:26 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I also always trip alone. In fact I have never tripped with anyone. I have been around people while I was tripping but that is about it. So basically, I don't think it's really neccesary to have someone with you. Good luck and have fun.  :wink: 

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #565549 - 02/28/02 07:17 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

There is no problem taking a whole lot by yourself, IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. I would not recommend a first time tripper going for a massive dose their first time out by themselves. When the world flips upside down and your mind isn't working quite right and you have no idea what is going on and the trip starts going sour it is easy to convince yourself that you are on a deathbed and need help and end up in the ER getting a stomache pump. If you are tripping for the first time by yourself, start out with a low dose.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineCynicalMagician
enthusiast
    #565794 - 02/28/02 12:17 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I like being with friends a lot more than being on my own for mushrooms, but then, that's just the way I'm wired. Your milage may vary.

Note that being with the 'wrong' people will be way worse than being alone though.

--------------------
----------------------

"Order some golf shoes," I whispered. "Otherwise, we'll never get out of this place alive. You notice these lizards don't have any trouble moving around in this muck - that's because they have ~claws~ on their feet."

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
    #565826 - 02/28/02 12:49 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Tripping by yourself can be more introspective, you are almost forced to look into your own soul. But being with real friends, on the contrary, can really give you some good vibes and a sense of energy floatin' through you. The best trip I ever had was with 2 good friends; that's like heaven man.

Anonymous

#566147 - 02/28/02 05:55 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Most of the time I engage in herbal refreshments, I am alone.
I only had one friend I was able to trip with. We became like 2 sides of the same coin, and the trip was pure magic. Every other time, it was horrid.
Most of the time I trip alone. As ong as you are in a good mood, have a safe clean environmen and are able to handle yourself, tripping alone is great. For me that is.

Although I do like to 'experience'with a good friend, but alas they are far and few between.
OoD

OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
    #566336 - 02/28/02 09:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

My friends and I always trip together. It's almost as if we've created our own aussie mushroom cult. With close friends around I can say that I have never had a more bonding experience. The closeness that we have developed since is awesome. We have also all tripped alone and none of us have had any bad experiences.

I fully agree with cynicalmagician however, being with people you don't want to be with is FAR worse than being alone. I always find it difficult to be around people who aren't trippin.

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

Re: Trippin by yourself... [Re: MushyMay]
    #566525 - 03/01/02 04:03 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Somehow I hate tripping with sober ppl around.
Makes me feel I gotta act normal, so I can't focus on the trip but instead I focus on behaving normal and not saying weird things. Also I can't do things I'd like to do like sit in a corner and watch my room from a whole other perspective.

Tripping with other ppl you know is much better, you both loose that attitude of normal live and you're comfortable with each other. However, it sucks when one of you is having a bad trip. That really influences the other persons trip as well. And I hate it when someone is having a bad trip because he didn't prepare for it and ruins your trip with it. On the other hand you can help someone who's having a bad trip.

All in all, I rather trip alone.

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
    #566606 - 03/01/02 07:28 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I dont recommend tripping by yourself..

It really depends on yourself, and you really wont be able to tell if you can handle tripping alone until you are actually tripping alone.

I have tried it and not liked it, try getting some experience over shrooms first and once you have an understanding of how the drug works than give it a go.

Even when u think you know shrooms, you may not..a couple months ago I got 5grams of shrooms which were highly potent (I did not know at the time) and I gave 1g to my friend and i ate the other 4..anyways to make a long story short I had a very bad trip and this goes to show that even when you think you are on top of things you never know until u actually are.

Anyways, do what you feel best about, but I recommend not to do it, peace..

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

OfflineBobBee
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NYS
Re: Trippin by yourself... [Re: Calimero]
    #25740206 - 01/12/19 01:59 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I am planning on tripping with a friend, but he wants to trip at his own home which I am very uncomfortable in because of his roommates. They will not be there, but the vibe of the house is still of them and it makes me uncomfortable. Would it be inadvisable to trip at his home if I feel this way about the place?

--------------------
I am at my happiest when I am with mushrooms.

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Trippin by yourself... [Re: BobBee]
    #25740244 - 01/12/19 02:31 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Old thread.

Odds are the uncomfortable feelings will transfer over to the experience. Psychedelics often amplify feelings, that's why set and setting are stressed.

Invisiblemendocino_beano
    #25740263 - 01/12/19 02:41 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

This thread was from when I was still in high school, but my two cents - I used to romanticize the thought of tripping alone and thought I’d love it, tried it a few times but it was always uncomfortable and lonely.

I think the best thing about tripping is communication with other people who may or may not also be tripping, but usually better if they are.

As for the unrelated question that resurrected this thread, sometimes I think it’s good to go camping or something to trip in an environment that is well removed from your day to day life. This isn’t the right time of year for that but let’s jsut say it’s a good idea to be somewhere comfortable. What is it about these roommates that makes you afraid to trip there even if they’re away??

You should have just started a new thread for this, this one is 16 years old and it’s not even the same question you’re asking.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
    #25740580 - 01/12/19 06:08 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

It's ok to trip by yourself, if you know what to expect. I've done it numerous times, it's actually my preference now days, I can relax and let the mushrooms take control and show me what it wants me to see. If I have a lot of outside stimuli it affects my trip and doesn't allow me to access the full potential of the mushrooms.

Alone is when I get great visual and auditory hallucinations, outer body experiences have only happened when I am by myself. If I have others around me I'm to distracted to get the full effects.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag