Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Recent Events
    #5664795 - 05/23/06 02:41 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I'm having a frustrating past few days. Started 3-4 days ago when my boyfriend brought his truck into Pep Boys for some work that needed to be done to it. Replace the serpentine belt, fix some oil leaks, replace the exhaust, etc. $750 later, he picks the truck up, and somewhere along the line, the fucking stupid "I floated here on a bathtub" mechanic completely shot his transmission. Every time he drives it it sounds like it's going to fall out from the bottom of the truck Well, Pep Boys admits to being at fault, and says they'll pay for it to be repaired, but they don't personally do transmission work, so he has to bring it somewhere else, and then they'll reimburse him. This whole experience has just been a general pain in the ass, I'm never going to Pep Boys again.

Then, I accidentally left liquid eye shadow in my car...it had fallen out of my purse. It melted in the sun, ran out of the container, and now there's a big fucking blue stain on the passenger front seat of my car. Fuck.

THEN, during all of the commotion with the truck, make up disaster, etc...I make a deposit at my bank's ATM...and leave my goddamn card in the machine. Luckily, they automatically suck the card back in when it's not taken, but the issue is, I work 7:30-4 Monday through Friday, and the bank closes at 4....and I need to go there in person and pick it up. The earliest I can get there is Saturday, which means I have no debit card for 3 days, which means I'll have to take money from my boyfriend, which I don't like doing.

Then, today at work, while watching a 4 month old, a fucking bird somehow got in the house. Seriously. I managed to get it to fly out the back door onto the screened in porch thing they have, and then it got out somehow. Freaked me the fuck out though.

But I'm alive, and I got a shit load of red sox tickets in the mail a few days ago...and we beat the Yankees last night. So life isn't all THAT bad And I read a really good book today, called "Marley and Me". Read it if you can, especially if you're a dog owner. Made me cry like a baby, but it was amazing.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Recent Events [Re: Liz]
    #5664809 - 05/23/06 02:44 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Liz said:
THEN, during all of the commotion with the truck, make up disaster, etc...I make a deposit at my bank's ATM...and leave my goddamn card in the machine. Luckily, they automatically suck the card back in when it's not taken, but the issue is, I work 7:30-4 Monday through Friday, and the bank closes at 4....and I need to go there in person and pick it up. The earliest I can get there is Saturday, which means I have no debit card for 3 days

I've done that five times.

On Friday afternoon, they cut up all the cards that haven't been collected yet.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recent Events [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5664866 - 05/23/06 02:54 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

With the week I've had so far, if I go in to my bank after calling and telling them I will be there Saturday and they've cut it up, whoever breaks the news to me is going to get an earful.

Not that it's in any way her fault, but at least it's someone to yell at. The poor cashier at Pep Boys had to listen to me for about 1/2 hour...finally they made a district manager come over from another store and handle it.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #5664873 - 05/23/06 02:55 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Damn liz that sucks, but sounds like you've got it covered.

Did you bench mussina against your red sox? He's kickin some ass this year.

Male

Re: Recent Events [Re: Cowgold]
    #5664885 - 05/23/06 02:56 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

He isn't pitching against the sox this series.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5664895 - 05/23/06 02:58 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
He isn't pitching against the sox this series.

...thankfully  :tongue:

And no, I wouldn't bench him if he were pitching against my team.  I'd just hope we won 1-0.  :grin:

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Male

#5664902 - 05/23/06 02:59 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

That's the spirit. :grin:  I actually dropped Wakefield altogether in my other league.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5664916 - 05/23/06 03:01 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I'm starting him tonight.  :crazy:  He's got to have a good game at some point, right?  :smirk:

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5664924 - 05/23/06 03:03 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

A chick who knows baseball is a sexy thing...  :naughty:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recent Events [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5664942 - 05/23/06 03:05 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

You wouldn't think I know jack shit to look at my fantasy numbers right now.  Got Coco Crisp and Ian Kinsler coming off the DL soon though, so hopefully my offense will step it up a bit.

Edit - the OTHER lousy thing that happened this week was 2 of the 4 people who were supposed to come with me to the Sox/Yanks game last night bailed at the last minute  :thumbdown:  I started doing some research and realized I could get way more per ticket if I just sold all 4 and skipped the game, so I did.  I'd rather go to the August series anyways, way nicer weather  :thumbup:

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Edited by Liz (05/23/06 03:06 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5665235 - 05/23/06 03:55 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I had a bad day yesterday myself.

:hug: :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Are you going to the NE gathering?

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recent Events [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5665245 - 05/23/06 03:57 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

The only reason we were CONSIDERING going was to witness TM's LEGENDARY event proposal, and hang out in the ROAD KING.  Now that he's not going, there's just no point.  :frown:

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5665268 - 05/23/06 04:00 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Liz said:
The only reason we were CONSIDERING going was to witness TM's LEGENDARY event proposal, and hang out in the ROAD KING.  Now that he's not going, there's just no point.  :frown:

I know...I know...  Many people were incredibly excited to see TM (especially the young and nubile female Shroomerites).  He would have gotten so much pussy at NE 2006.  If only Shroomism and him hadn't have had that falling out.

Edited by RandalFlagg (05/23/06 04:01 PM)

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5665272 - 05/23/06 04:01 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I was going to go to see Shane...now no one is allowed to love him...

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Recent Events [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5665276 - 05/23/06 04:02 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

..or feed him.

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5665324 - 05/23/06 04:11 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Did you guys hear how he stole shroomism's head lamp out of his back pack, and then PMed him after all of this drama was over, with a picture of the head lamp being all "haha I stole this from you?" I thought that was really mature.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Male

#5665331 - 05/23/06 04:11 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Liz said:
Did you guys hear how he stole shroomism's head lamp out of his back pack, and then PMed him after all of this drama was over, with a picture of the head lamp being all "haha I stole this from you?"  I thought that was really mature.

:what:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5665337 - 05/23/06 04:12 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Liz said:
Did you guys hear how he stole shroomism's head lamp out of his back pack, and then PMed him after all of this drama was over, with a picture of the head lamp being all "haha I stole this from you?"  I thought that was really mature.

:lol:

TM or Shroomism:  If either of you are reading this thread please post this picture.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #5665338 - 05/23/06 04:13 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

dude, theres a lesson in this.

NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO PEP BOYS!

really though, they just fuck shit up, all fuckin day.

i have brought my car in there 3 times.

of those 3 times i have had to go back 3 times due to their complete and utter incompetence.

put on a tire, break the breaks.

put on an altrenator, but dont screw in the bolt....

and one time i went in there because i was too busy to put my own car on a lift. there was a leak in the breaks, and i was pretty sure that it was from a loose bolt on the caliper on the drivers side front brake.

so they put it up there, and then told me that they didnt have a mechanic that was able to do the work , or a mechanic that had the tools to do it.

It was a fucking 10 millimeter bolt that had to be tightened in the end, took about 10 seconds... and they wouldnt even do it, because they didnt know what was wrong.

well the leaking break fluid should have shown them somthing! idiots.

okay /rant

but yeah, itll get better liz :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5665354 - 05/23/06 04:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Quote:

Liz said:

:what:

Seriously.

And when he PMed me after that whole thread in OTD and I wished him well and left it at that, he told me he didnt like me from the minute he met me, and that I was a typical controlling Jewish woman. 

Kinda reminds me of the kid who gets picked last and says "Yeah, well, I didn't want to play with you guys anyways!" And storms away.

And steals a head lamp on the way out.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Male

#5665358 - 05/23/06 04:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: Boy oh boy.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#5665371 - 05/23/06 04:19 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I feel your pain. This past week I started a headlong descent into madness.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Recent Events [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #5665383 - 05/23/06 04:22 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

im getting there this week :blush:

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Male

#5665389 - 05/23/06 04:24 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Look everyone, it's noted television news personality Burke Dennings.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recent Events [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5665413 - 05/23/06 04:30 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the info Zippoz, glad to know it wasn't just an isolated instance of incompetence with our experience.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#5665420 - 05/23/06 04:31 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I just spent the afternoon in a fucking waiting room because I have bi-lateral ear infections and it feels like I'm being stabbed in both sides of my head. After sitting for 2 hours, I left with a script for amoxicillin (which my dad mailed me yesterday) and a bunch of fucking free samples of advil. I wanted to scream at that bitch "I'M IN PAIN AND NEED SOMETHING THAT WORKS TO TREAT PAIN", but I don't like to be the pushy type. Fuck.

Male

#5665427 - 05/23/06 04:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Aiiiii.that sounds pretty fucking terrible. I'm sorry man. :hug:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5665439 - 05/23/06 04:36 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Hopefully the antibiotics kick in soon and your head feels better  :heart:

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#5665453 - 05/23/06 04:41 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks, guys.  :heart:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#5665454 - 05/23/06 04:42 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

theyre a national chain of dumb ass mechanics, and pep boys does not drug test either.

now im all for the ability of people to do drugs and their job, but certain things, like the cars in which we do 80 mph in the highway need to be done right, so we dont all die.

i used to be a pizza sales man, i would load up my car with 30 pizzas and sell them all afternoon to the car dealer mechanics, and also made a stop at pep boys every day.

they would try and trade me weed, and what ever for food. one evening i was at a club in chicago, and ran into an employee of my local pep boys, who was rolling his face off, who tried to sell my a 10 pack of pills.

the next day he was back at work, working on peoples cars, completely fucking toasted.

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recent Events [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5665460 - 05/23/06 04:43 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

That's really scary.  They could miss 1 bolt...just 1...and potentially kill someone.  Fucking irresponsible people!!!  :thumbdown:

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Male

#5665461 - 05/23/06 04:44 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Burke Dennings said:
Thanks, guys.  :heart:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#5665530 - 05/23/06 05:04 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I'm trying to maintain.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5665699 - 05/23/06 05:48 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Liz said:
And when he PMed me after that whole thread in OTD and I wished him well and left it at that, he told me he didnt like me from the minute he met me, and that I was a typical controlling Jewish woman. 

:rotfl:

TM is an anti-Semite?  The whole TM saga just gets better and better.  When will it end?

Male

#5665709 - 05/23/06 05:50 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

He's Jewish too.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5665714 - 05/23/06 05:52 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
He's Jewish too.

Hm...I didn't know that.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #5665790 - 05/23/06 06:05 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
He's Jewish too.

No wonder he thinks shroomism owes him money.    :tongue:

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

#5666180 - 05/23/06 07:45 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Awwww Liz it'll get better :hug:

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recent Events [Re: Gillette]
    #5666210 - 05/23/06 07:52 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I'll be ok.  I was just frustrated with it being one thing after another, ya know?  But on the bright side, I found out that the woman I work for took Friday off of work, and Monday is a holiday...so I have to work like, an hour Friday while she runs a few errands, and then I have the rest of the day off, and Monday too.  Woot for a 4 days weekend :dancing:  And suffer's on school vacation, so maybe we'll do something eventful  :cool:

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Male

#5666354 - 05/23/06 08:29 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
He's Jewish too.

No wonder he thinks shroomism owes him money.    :tongue:

ROFFLEZ

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates