Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
For Your Information, re: RH and dewpoint (cond.)
    #566186 - 02/28/02 08:57 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

A few posts have been made inquiring about humidity, and condensatin. heres a bit of info for anyone interested.

Relative Humidity

Relative humidity is a percentage of water vapour per area at a specific temperature.

Relative humidity is calculated at all times of the year but the humidex is usually only given in the warmer months from May to September.

Relative humidity can be calculated using various methods and instruments. It is a calculation to find out how many grams of water vapour can be held at a given temperature. Usually, the warmer the air the higher it's capacity for holding water vapour. Each specific temperature has a holding limit for water and the actual amount of water held in the air at the time of measurement can be represented as a percentage.

For example, if a parcel of air at 20?C has a limit or capacity of 16 grams of water vapour and 16 grams of water vapour is measured, the air's holding capacity is at it's maximum, the relative humidity (RH) of the air is said to be 100%. Take the same air with 8 grams of water vapour and your RH is 50%.

The dewpoint is a measure of atmospheric moisture. It is the temperature to which air must be cooled in order to reach saturation (assuming that air pressure and moisture content are constant). As the surface of the earth cools at night, warm moist air near the ground is chilled and water vapour in the air condenses into droplets on the grass and other objects. Dew is particularly heavy on clear nights, when the earth cools rapidly. When a blanket of cloud insulates the earth, the cooling rate is slower. The greater the difference between the temperature and the dew point, the drier the air.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: For Your Information, re: RH and dewpoint (cond.) [Re: cookiewhore]
    #566205 - 02/28/02 09:23 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Properly moistioned perlite in a rather airtight container should be 95% even without condensation. I never get condensation and i've never had a problem.

"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation