Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon 5-HTP

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethatshowweride
Stranger
advice nooB
    #5660535 - 05/22/06 04:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm going to do shrooms tommarow, me and my good friend (who's already done them) just bought some, but I just wanted to get some advice for a good trip.

I"m not nervous about taking them, but I am nervous that Ill either have a really bad trip or a really good one. I'm normally fine and happy, or what not. I have been in aand out of depression,and some days I'll just feeel real down. Also I am somwhat paranoid person that hyperanalizes things... I know that all that combined spells disastor. but a lot of the times i'm normal/happy feeling, and thats when I'd take them.

I wanna know like what I can do to really be able to be happy and bring out the good trip rather than the bad half of my personality to come out and become a bad trip.

so far, i'm doing it with a good friend that I trust. And I plan on doing it tommarow which is supposed to be really nice out and sunny, and I thought we'd just walk down to a river or something like that.

if I start having a bad trip though... what can I do.. I guess just like any advice will be appreciated.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehybridphil
Student

Loc: Milky Way....they'll neve...
Re: advice nooB [Re: thatshowweride]
    #5660561 - 05/22/06 04:57 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Don't worry about it too much and definitely don't overthink it. If you go into a trip with a positive state of mind, you will have yourself a great time. If you start having a bad trip for any reason, then just sit down and relax. Breathe, and concentrate on your breathing. The feeling will pass and everything will return to normal in mere hours. Think positive, be safe, and have fun.

--------------------
Psilocybin anonymous

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: advice nooB [Re: hybridphil]
    #5660604 - 05/22/06 05:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: advice nooB [Re: kaniz]
    #5660624 - 05/22/06 05:07 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Watch something very happy like Family Guy. Be in a place that is safe and have all arrangements or things that you'd worry about already figured out so you don't dwell on shit that is bad.

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
_.-:] BiG StrøØnƵ [:-._
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ, USA Flag
Re: advice nooB [Re: Atheist]
    #5660926 - 05/22/06 06:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Take some 5-HTP before the trip.

The five times I have taken it (when taking 100MG the day before and 50MG the day of, usually an hour before tripping) my trips came out perfect. The one day I didn't take 5-HTP before tripping (none consumed the day before either) I had a bad trip; Alot of other factors are included like the amount consumed, and the lemon method. However, in retrospect my gut feeling is that the 5-HTP helped controll my mood. Where as in the bad trip, I felt when my positive train of thought was knocked off course... there was NO WAY of bringing it back.

This differs greatly when tripping with 5-HTP. In the sense that it helped me have a positive outlook, no matter what. This is not proven, I'm not sure if its 100% factual. But, it worked for me and I feel it can help for most.

A good example...

A friend of mine who has tripped before (not with me though, but over 5 times) tripped in my basement maybe a month or so ago. He started to freak out; the usual, oncoming mushroom anxiety. So, I gave my friend 200MG of 5-HTP, and some Vitamin C. In a little over 30 minutes, he was in a good mood. After me and another friend helped get his mind out of the gutter, and lift his mood. (as he was reconsidering after he consumed them).

He told me the next day when I saw him that it was the best trip he ever had, easily.

Edited by BiG_StroOnZ (05/22/06 06:48 PM)

Offlinethatshowweride
Stranger
Re: advice nooB [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #5661913 - 05/22/06 11:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the help so far. I was planning on taking just half 1/8, but my friends have been telling me to just take the whole 8/th... how does a first timer usualy fiar with the whole 1/8th

InvisibleKingSpade
Seeker
Male

Re: advice nooB [Re: thatshowweride]
    #5662035 - 05/22/06 11:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Personally, I'd recommend 1.5 or 2 grams for a first time trip, rather than a full 8th (3.5 grams)

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: advice nooB [Re: KingSpade]
    #5662074 - 05/22/06 11:50 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I personally would never recommend to anyone to take an eighth their first time. I think that is pretty irresponsible. I also wouldnt want to try to persuade them to eat that much. Thats alot even for quite a few seasoned users. Some people are VERY sensative.
SOme people somehow dont get visuals from one gram, some people have full blown psychedelic experiences(visuals and much much more).

I tend to recommend 1.5 grams no matter what the type of person.
I just think its the best idea. Thats just me though.

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: advice nooB [Re: stemmer]
    #5662084 - 05/22/06 11:53 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I took about 15 grams *FRESH* my first trip, and it was GREAT. That works out to about 1.5 grams dry.

The problem is even on such a small dose I still thought I was dying for the comeup, I wanted to call the ambulance, lol. Once it came into effect though I had a BLAST.

This was years ago.

1.5 grams dry for your first dose is a good idea imo.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: advice nooB [Re: stemmer]
    #5662156 - 05/23/06 12:06 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think it really depends how far into it you're willing to go when it comes to dose. If you really feel confident about it and are willing to fully accept whatever happens and want to go big then 3.5g's is alright. If you're not so sure about yourself then only take a gram or so. I usually recommend about 2g's to people for their first trip. Good enough to get a feel for the experience, and it shouldn't get too overwhelming (always a possibility of course).

The most useful thing I've found for keeping a possitive mood is to slow down and approach your situation from a different angle. Think about it rationally, highlight all the points that seem unlikely, realize that by reacting to it in fear you're only making it stronger, and just remember that no matter what it is it's just all in your head and it will stop. Usually I find that I'll eventually realize just how irrational any paranoia is and I'll just laugh at it.

Rough patches are normal. If you start getting a little uncomfortable don't start thinking "uh oh, bad trip" just recognize it as a bit of turbulence and just don't get caught up with it.

On another note, if you need to take something in combination with shrooms in order to avoid a bad trip I think you're doing something wrong...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon 5-HTP

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience