Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
psilocybe cyanescens
    #5658968 - 05/22/06 01:09 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Can I grow psilocybe cyanescens in a jar if I take alder chips and load a jar up and PC it and then inoculate with the psilocybe cyanescens spores, then stick it in the fridge? Would it colonise? Then could I case it in a pan and then put in a small batery powerd light in the fridge and cover it with a plastic lid thing to hold humidity, would it fruit?

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshymanta
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: mikeownow]
    #5659255 - 05/22/06 05:46 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

From what I've heard, the spores won't do well on the wood alone. You would want to inoculate grain first and then spawn to wood chips.

The fridge would be too cold for it to grow. You would need to let if set at room temp. They grow best at around 70 - 75F. Then put it into the fridge to fruit. They fruit at 50F. However, your fridge is normally around or below 40F. You can turn up the temp and be very conscious of them because you might need to take them out occasionally and let them warm up a little.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: shymanta]
    #5674978 - 05/25/06 10:27 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

They colonies in warm weather? Thats weird as hell. So in the PNW were i live they colonise durring the late summer then. Then wait all the way for winter to fruit thats nuts!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #5675061 - 05/25/06 10:46 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Id put like 1 cup brf for every 10 quart jars worth of soaked wood chips, mix it up well, sterilize it, and inoculate.

you just need something with high nutrient content in there to get the spores to germinate.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: Psychoslut]
    #5675274 - 05/25/06 11:52 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Ya Cyans are weird.
I found some Cyans about a month ago up on Mt Baker, WA. Roughly 200 ft. from the snowline.  Crazy shit.

EDIT: Oops I meant Azures. My Bad. Yes they are technically 'out of season'. I was very suprised to find them. Methinks shrooms don't care what us humans call the month, nor do they care about what angle the Earth is tilted towards the sun. They only care about their current conditions in their small environment.

Environment was:
Low to mid 50's when they were found. It had been warm/hot out in the lowlands for about a week.
On a rotten log with little shrubbery nearby, their was only other rotten logs on the surrounding ground.
Under a dense canopy of birch, oak, alder, and fir. Lowest branches were approx. 8 feet.
As said earlier, roughly 200-300 feet from the snow line on the mountain.

Maybe I got lucky?  Ate 2 fresh fruits. 1 fully mature, 1 partially.
Just got a little giggly. Was also severly drunk, so who knows. The other person who ate the other fruits(about the same amount) reported no little to no effects.

You can bet I'll keep my eye out for them on my next trip up there. Perhaps the field guides need to be updated?  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Their are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
~Cappa.

Edited by cappa (05/26/06 02:18 AM)

Offlinedudefromaz
That One Dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the Midst of Time........
Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: cappa]
    #5675443 - 05/26/06 12:36 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Are these ones more potent? Just wonderin if tryin to grow these would be beneficial...

--------------------
Remember, the best drug, is a natural drug.....

Peace, Fratirnityishly, Smoke Da Stuff, Special Chocolate

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: cappa]
    #5675446 - 05/26/06 12:37 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Would my fridge be able to fruit? I am just gonna make a small small batch and see what happens. Put it next to the soda =P

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #5675459 - 05/26/06 12:40 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

They have been fruited in the fridge, yes.
It is just sooo easy to fruit them outdoors when the season is right.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: Anno]
    #5675471 - 05/26/06 12:42 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

yea but the season isnt rite =P

Edit: and growing is fun.

--------------------

Edited by mikeownow (05/26/06 12:43 AM)

Offlinedudefromaz
That One Dude
Male User Gallery

#5675479 - 05/26/06 12:43 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

if your pacient......

--------------------

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Loc: virgina Flag
Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: dudefromaz]
    #5675532 - 05/26/06 12:55 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

ok so i live in colorado, we get cold. is this something i could grow in my back yard? if it fruits at 50 degrees that is about fall and early winter.
with all the extra work involved is the trip better??

--------------------
The only ones for me are the mad ones..........
                  :ass2mouth:

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: trentallica]
    #5675543 - 05/26/06 12:56 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

they are about 5x more potent than cubes and I am not 100% sure about this

But I think they contain other things that can cause stomach cramps and diarea. It happened to me.

--------------------

Offlinedudefromaz
That One Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: trentallica]
    #5675558 - 05/26/06 12:58 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Wait... aren't they just more potent because they are made of more water, therefore when they are dry, they weigh less than cubes, and end up with more goodies per gram????

--------------------

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

#5675609 - 05/26/06 01:06 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dudefromaz said:
Wait... aren't they just more potent because they are made of more water, therefore when they are dry, they weigh less than cubes, and end up with more goodies per gram????

I dont think they are made up of more water. I have had wet befor and dryed them and they did get small and I have had wet cubes and dryed them and well the cubes shrink a lot more from my eyes view anyone ells?

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #5675903 - 05/26/06 03:44 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dudefromaz said:

No...

Psilocybe Cyanescens and Psilocybe Azurescens are more potent than Psilocybe Cubensis because of the levels of active compounds...

Psilocybin, Psilocin and Baeocystin.

Some useful info on this...

Quote:

Active Compounds

The compounds responsible for the psychological effects of the Psilocybes are known as tryptamines.

Tryptamines are those compounds that contain an indole ring. These compounds resemble the neurotransmitter serotonin. They are thought to be competitive agonists of 5-HT2 receptors (a particular subtype of the serotonin receptor.) Psilocybin is the most abundant tryptamine in Psilocybe mushrooms and has been present in concentrations ranging from 0.36% in P. stuntzii to 0.98% in P. semilanceata . However, after ingestion it is rapidly dephosphorylated by the enzyme alkaline phosphatase in the intestine. Thus, it is the metabolite psilocin which is thought to be responsible for hallucinations and psychological effects.

Psilocin is the next most abundant compound, ranging from 0.12% in P. stuntzii to .60% in Psilocybe cubensis. Its bioavailability (the amount that is absorbed in the bloodstream from the intestines) was found to be around 50% in mice. Psilocin distributes uniformly in most body tissues, except for higher concentrations in the liver and adrenals. In rats, psilocin concentrates in specific areas of the brain: the neocortex, the hippocampus (involved in learning and memory), and thalamus (sensory processing). In rats, about 20% of psilocin is excreted unaltered in the urine, with the remainder excreted as polar conjugate metabolites such as glucoronides. It has been estimated that less than 4% of psilocin is degraded by monoamine oxidase, the enzyme that degrades endogenous monoamines like serotonin.

Baeocystin is usually present in concentrations of less than 0.1%. However, a few species, such as P. semilanceata (Liberty Caps) may have a content as high as 0.36%. Because few pharmacologic studies have been done with baeocystin, its potency relative to psilocin is unknown.

Some mushrooms of genera other than Psilocybe also contain psychoactive tryptamines, including Paneolus, Gymnopilus, and Inocybe.

hope that helped.

:smile:

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinejustith99
Stranger

#23731062 - 10/12/16 12:02 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Can anyone please tell me what these are? Are they edible? Found near a dried riverbed in the forest inside a tree, produced a brown spore print. Thank you!

Invisibleamidogen
see you on the other side

Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: justith99]
    #23731128 - 10/12/16 12:30 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
The biggest trip of my life was realizing all of the events and actions described in posts made by this account were never real and had never actually happened, but were instead the delusional ramblings of a severely mentally ill human being. I just had to move on for my own good. I love you all.

Edited by amidogen (04/19/18 11:24 AM)

InvisibleliloldmeFacebook
( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)つ=D
Other User Gallery

Loc: Zone 8
Trusted Cultivator
Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: amidogen] * 1
    #23731210 - 10/12/16 01:07 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I got all excited for a sec and thought roadkill was back..:frown:

Invisibleamidogen

Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: liloldme] * 1
    #23731268 - 10/12/16 01:22 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
The biggest trip of my life was realizing all of the events and actions described in posts made by this account were never real and had never actually happened, but were instead the delusional ramblings of a severely mentally ill human being. I just had to move on for my own good. I love you all.

Edited by amidogen (06/21/18 11:35 AM)

Offlinemrmazdarx9
Pffffttt

Loc: behind you
Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: amidogen] * 1
    #23731522 - 10/12/16 02:58 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Amidogen don't play dat shit

--------------------
COCA GROWERS come here and share your knowledge
COCA GROWERS UNITE
:penis:Click here for UK trades:penis:
:penis: need some supplies in the UK check Here or PM me:penis:
UK OTD uk members chat
UK supplies and trade OTD place to chat shit
Right Here
If you use "SWIM" you should DROWN

Invisibleamidogen

Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: mrmazdarx9]
    #23731542 - 10/12/16 03:05 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinemrmazdarx9
Pffffttt

Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: amidogen]
    #23731545 - 10/12/16 03:06 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

In other word's you don't stand for that shit. (People bumping old stuff especially with irrelevant bullshit):highfive:

--------------------
COCA GROWERS UNITE
UK OTD uk members chat
Right Here

Invisibleamidogen

#23731549 - 10/12/16 03:07 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinemrmazdarx9
Pffffttt

#23731559 - 10/12/16 03:10 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Damn right :lmao:

--------------------
COCA GROWERS UNITE
UK OTD uk members chat
Right Here

Offlinejustith99
Stranger

#23890448 - 12/03/16 12:16 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Your an idiot man, I'm obviously new to this site.. all you had to do was say you can post in mushroom identification and post there! But instead you went and showed everyone how much of a dick you are lololol got it figured out now! Good luck with your own internal issues

Offlinemrmazdarx9
Pffffttt

#23890452 - 12/03/16 12:17 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Hes the idiot? Your the one who has yet again bumped a thread that had died twice now :mindblown:

--------------------
COCA GROWERS UNITE
UK OTD uk members chat
Right Here

Offlinejustith99
Stranger

#23890460 - 12/03/16 12:20 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Hey everyone! This thread is old! And people get pissed off at little petty things like threads getting bumped hahahah y'all are dumb

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #23891018 - 12/03/16 03:24 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Banned...now who's laughing

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlinemrmazdarx9
Pffffttt

Re: psilocybe cyanescens [Re: cronicr]
    #23891068 - 12/03/16 03:46 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

:rofl: nice one cron:highfive:

--------------------
COCA GROWERS UNITE
UK OTD uk members chat
Right Here

Invisibleamidogen

#23891126 - 12/03/16 04:08 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

You're the best cron :laugh2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck