Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsilorobbie
morning gloryhater :(

Drugs for depression
    #563609 - 02/26/02 09:32 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

What are some good drugs to use when youre depressed?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Drugs for depression [Re: psilorobbie]
    #563655 - 02/26/02 10:19 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

it's probably a good idea to avoid drug usage when one is depressed...
for herbal/vitamin/amino acid/nootropic approaches to treating depression, googlesearch stuff like:
dysthymia
natural remedies for depression
tyrosine and depression
st john's wort
alternative therapies depression
& stuff like that there...
drugs? well, caapi, jurema, salvia divinorum, sanpedro... i don't know if that's what you had in mind... coca, khat, celastrus seed... whatever...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineMarleyBob
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USSA
    #563835 - 02/26/02 01:21 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Talk to your/a doctor for professional advice.

Offlinebadjessejames
G HEAD

Loc: :) Passed out on my co...
    #565379 - 02/28/02 12:17 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Very small doses of GHB have helped me through many rough times....do ALOT of research before you attempt this.
And trust me on this....NEVER take daily for more than 2weeks...It'll make things worse...
~PEAS~

--------------------

"My generation played a really mean trick on me. I thought we were all
goofing off together, but it turns out everybody else went and got rich
while I was sleeping." Mission Hill

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
    #565485 - 02/28/02 03:41 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

The only person who can cure your depression is you. Don't put a blind of drugs in front of your eyes to bury the problem. Find you root of the problem, and you can find a solution. The root of the problem is in you, and you must look apon yourself for the answer, not a drug. I hope that helped:) I would not reccomend taking Any drug for deppression. Who knows what the fuck they are pumping you with, and what side effects may be present. But, my opinion is don't take any prescription drugs because it's all bullshit(unless it's physical),I don't think drugs should be used for any sort of phycological problem. Besides, the answer may be closer than you think...the answer may be in yourself.

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

OfflineSurf Bum
    #565491 - 02/28/02 04:08 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I started off taking st. jons wort, i did notice it mellowed me out a little, but it also made my eyes very sensitive to light, i am now on paxil and it does wonders, plus i occasionally drink and it doesn't have any boosted effects, so you can't abuse it, although i don't think it is good to drink with meds, it keeps me from getting mad about stupid things, i got a weird form of depression, i get real mad about stupid little things and start freaking out, but sometimes i'm all calm and super mellow, the paxil puts me right where i wanna be, reminds me i gotta go take it right now...i take a 10mg everyday which is very small, paxil is also no habit forming and i think it is excellent for mild depression, healthy exercise does wonders too!

--------------------

OfflineSurf Bum
Re: Drugs for depression [Re: Surf Bum]
    #565495 - 02/28/02 04:16 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

but if your asking what kind of "drugs" you can take to get off on, i would highly recommend staying away from binge drinking, downers, MDMA (definetly a no-no for depressed peoples) I think MJ can be a good thing used sparingly, like right before bedtime, or as a reward for some hard work, ya know just to give your body a little relaxation, i've eaten mush plenty of times before my paxil days but i tend to have a calling for them, i simply enjoy every aspect of my trip, my depression has never showed its ugly face whilst i was high so i am very lucky, i have heard that you shouldn't eat them if you are depressed because it might be a little too much to handle, but for me i retrospect on odd things about my daily life kinda look into shit, sometimes i do a little self therapy, but whatever floats your boat, just don't sink

--------------------

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #565587 - 02/28/02 08:17 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Depression is serious.

It is usually measured in three levels:
Mild
Moderate
Serious

If you experience moderate or serious depression more than once a week---stop all drug use and see a trained professional for the proper medication.

The fact that you posted your concern probably indicates that you need to change your life style....so just do that first. You also appear to be experiencing MOSTLY mild, to moderate depression, with occasional serious episodes.

Give your body a rest from drugs for three months.......

.....the doctor is now out......

Offlinepsilorobbie
morning gloryhater :(

#565615 - 02/28/02 08:59 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the suggestions. I was really just hoping on finding a drug that wouldnt amplify my depression and would help me forget about someone.I tried drinking it was a bad idea i felt good when i was drunk but now i feel even worse.

Offlinejimmyvengeance
    #565657 - 02/28/02 09:26 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, it's tough to find drugs to help you hide from being sad---unfortunately, the method doesn't really work, and it has the potential to get you rapidly addicted to whatever substance helps you avoid your emotions the most effectively (bad news!).

You mention a specific triggering event---if there is a palpable reason for your depression, do your best to work it out and make peace with your emotions.

As far as prescription anti-depressants go, consider them if your symptoms do not abate on their own. There is no such thing as "their" drugs and "our" drugs, and it appalls me to see people on here making this argument. What about all the talk about "a drug isn't bad or good, just a chemical"? SSRIs and other anti-depressants have helped MANY people gain perspective on tough times, and these drugs do not seem to simply shield a person from depression---they let you get far enough away from it to analyze, which sounds invaluable to me.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Drugs for depression [Re: jimmyvengeance]
    #565852 - 02/28/02 01:17 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Marijuana always helps me. I don't know what will come of that though. Everytime I get depressed I smoke. I probably shouldn't though, I don't know.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds