Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: True Dangers of Drugs [Re: Chill808]
    #5655665 - 05/21/06 09:21 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

"Ah try meditation while tripping, that will blow your fuckin mind."
Try fly fishing while tripping, that will blow your fuckin mind.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

Re: True Dangers of Drugs [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #5655712 - 05/21/06 09:42 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

"Ah try meditation while tripping, that will blow your fuckin mind."
Try fly fishing while tripping, that will blow your fuckin mind

Do the fish ever ask to be put back?

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

:dna::dna:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: True Dangers of Drugs [Re: UnderNose]
    #5655787 - 05/21/06 10:22 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I usually fish only catch and release, but I have no aversion to killing them if they are to be eaten. My point was that meditation is just an activity...just a fishing is. A hallucinogen will not enhance it any more than any other activity. Meditating on hallucinogens, though, is actually somewhat less productive than fishing. The mind should be clear for proper meditation.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

#5656078 - 05/21/06 12:19 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

let me ask you all something, if you could be just as aware of the world around you with out drugs, would you still take drugs?

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: True Dangers of Drugs [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #5656084 - 05/21/06 12:21 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

KidgardFromSRQ said:
let me ask you all something, if you could be just as aware of the world around you with out drugs, would you still take drugs?

If one could be just as aware of the world around one without playing guitar, would you still play guitar?

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: True Dangers of Drugs [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5656472 - 05/21/06 02:01 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

"let me ask you all something, if you could be just as aware of the world around you with out drugs, would you still take drugs?"

I am quite aware without entheogens. I consider myself "awake" in the most acute sense. Drugs do not wake you up. They can alert you to the fact that there is something to awaken to, but once you are awake you need concious effort to stay that way. There are also other ways to become aware of this fact as well. Now, seeing that I don't need drugs to be aware...my answer to your question is that I find value in the entheogenic experience.

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
    #5656581 - 05/21/06 02:36 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
I usually fish only catch and release, but I have no aversion to killing them if they are to be eaten. My point was that meditation is just an activity...just a fishing is. A hallucinogen will not enhance it any more than any other activity. Meditating on hallucinogens, though, is actually somewhat less productive than fishing. The mind should be clear for proper meditation.

while i agree that the mind should be clear for meditation, hallucinogens do seem to enhance certain activities more than others. or rather, certain activities are much more enjoyable/mind blowing than others.

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: True Dangers of Drugs [Re: soulcircus]
    #5657063 - 05/21/06 04:35 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

This guy is quite the egyptologist...

For example, in ancient Egypt 17,000 years ago people constructed a Great Pyramid from @50 tonne solid stone blocks. The Great Pyramid is comparable in height to the highest 20-th century buildings (146 m), and even today is positively impossible to build anything similar, using any amount of money and time. But when their descendants started using drugs, not only did they lose all their knowledge and all their sciences, but no one actually remembers what the Great Pyramid was for. Today “scientists” can only wonder. The entire civilisation decayed to nothing.

no one actually remembers what the Great Pyramid was for. Today “scientists” can only wonder.
:grin: :grin: :grin: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

#5657449 - 05/21/06 06:21 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
"let me ask you all something, if you could be just as aware of the world around you with out drugs, would you still take drugs?"

I am quite aware without entheogens. I consider myself "awake" in the most acute sense. Drugs do not wake you up. They can alert you to the fact that there is something to awaken to, but once you are awake you need concious effort to stay that way. There are also other ways to become aware of this fact as well. Now, seeing that I don't need drugs to be aware...my answer to your question is that I find value in the entheogenic experience.

what value is it you find?

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

OfflineAndy21
Armchairanarchist

#5657638 - 05/21/06 07:17 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Do people actually go to the Disco anymore? I would love it if we all went to a Disco and we could dance like in that movie footloose starring Kevin Bacon. *imagines while singing footloose*

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#5657648 - 05/21/06 07:19 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

It is a whole other dimension of experience. Ones reality is assembled around how one uses their awareness. Entheogens can be a tool (not the only one) that allows one to rapidly experience other states of awareness.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5662225 - 05/22/06 10:23 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

there are other tools as rapid or as close to rapid?

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
"hes right about that. meditation is alot better then drugs to increase awareness. you really can fry yourself."

If hallucinogens can fry a person then I would be fried. I have had near a thousand hallucinogenic experiences in my life...most at staggering doses. I am college educated, have a job that requires mental acuity, I am in good health, and my memory and judgement is top notch. Where have I been fried? This whole subject is propoganda.

that's not true. just one hallucinagen can fry someone. you just happen to not be fried for whatever reasons of synergy.

anyway....

I will have to say I think that drugs can indeed be quite harmful. They are a tool, this is correct to me..... but how many of us know how to use them? There is no context because all knowledge is thrust into the shadow of the law, all entheogenic culture buried and suppressed. (and if that is so, their current context is simply "break free Neo, take the red pill and see how deep the rabbit hole goes")

I think this article is false in its assertion of civiliations falling (and I read it before years ago actually which is funny)..... because all civilizations fall and I think a culture of fastfood is more damaging than a culture of entheogenic exploration.

I dare say maybe they wouldn't have been so advanced (Egypt) if not for their use of sacrament... but what authority do I have to say that?

Now the thing is...... they do dramatically and completely and sometimes totally change you. This change will affect everything that you are. If there are future lives (which I think there must be, for consciousness is very persistent and built around latent karmic impressions [this is how dreams are formed]) then what's to say that your dabbling in the hallucinagenic will not place a profound impact into how you will carry out in further lives?

What's to say it's not damaging... and at the same time... possibly liberating? Most people, in bardo, in transition to elsewhere, pull upon the mundane existence, there are CLEAR stratifications between past life memories, subconscious content, unconscious content.....

but the tripper sees that stratification and affixes dynamite to it..... he lets the well overflow and loses himself in the process (sometimes to the point of ego-death and rebirth)....

what is to say that the violent probing of uncharted waters will not mess up the process? What's to say that if we were meant to be using hallucinagens, they would be LEGAL right now? Maybe society is right?

Have you guys thought about that? Not right about jail. Right about us not needing to use them.

I pose these questions because we tend to take a stance (without proper knowledge to do so) that entheogens, are in fact, entheogens, that is.... agents of God... or otherwise benevolent tools that at best can point you on the path of enlightenment and at the worst....... make you absolutely insane (and point you on the path of hell?)

But what if we are wrong? You have to acknowladge that, generally, you do not know what it is you are doing to your brain. You have to ackonwladge that hallucinagens impact your future and your present even just marijuana does..... and in much a different way than alcohol or tobacco or mundane drugs........

and you have to acknowladge that therefore they can be damaging and there could be unseen damage.

I think some of his claims are more than reasonable. For example I can attest with good authority that smoking marijuana destroys your chi and renders the heart chakra useless, will kill you from possible cancer and at best give you a lifetime of congestion problems.

I can also tell you that cannabis can take you all the way "through" into manifestation of the clear light, because though it deplets your chi, in the process of depletion it flows rather freely as long as you do not have blockages.

I can also attest that it seems to assure that if you don't have blockages, you will in time.

I can only speculate as to what the other hallucinagens do, and as to whether cannabis has no detrimental chi effects when eaten instead of smoked.

The most interesting thing though is that....... the path society has us on is a rather hellbound one if you ask me. Consumerism..... no soul. No dream. No life. No future. No hope. Just work and die quickly from bad health.

and the path that a hallucinagen when put INTO THE COLLECTIVE SETTING OF THIS SOCIETY has is much brighter. Responsible for conversions for many into spiritual lives.... responsible for sparks of hope... freeing people from enslavement to their machines of idle and repretive entertainment... the endless suicidal mantras of a schizoid electric brain (electric brain meaning the TV + radio + advertising and their interaction with culture and humanity)....

the role of hallucinagens seems to be somewhat necessary for some people to even be initiated onto a spiritual path. I would say that even if use is detrimental, it does not seem as detrimental as life as a McDonalds eating consumer.

But it seems as if ... perhaps one perspective is... that they are only to be used to show you that you are enslaved, and once you realize that any further use is indulgence and a hinderance to true spirituality.

I do not really know anything. I just know they are tools, that you can learn things that you wouldn't normally want to learn, or think are stupid and unreal.... and the most goofy and "dumb" of concepts will suddenly come to life.

You say to a guy attached to the matrix "we're all one person man" and he says "bullshit" and laughs at his stand-up comedy because the laugh tracks tell him that it's funny.... but he doses on something and he may very well have a complete overhaul.

Can be a good thing. I buy into the "pot smokers are more peaceful than alcohol drinkers" .... I buy into that totally. Seems like pot teaches you a thing or two about tolerance, empathy... and peace. Seems like alcohol teaches you to not give a damn about anyone, including yourself, that it's okay to be self-destructive.

Seems like if entheogens ARE what people say they ARE that they WILL play a vital role in revamping this society and getting it ready for higher vibrations of enlightenment...

but clearly my experience is that they can be abused and misleading and guide you into your own fears and delusions, which not ready to see, you do not confront and fix.

and when, if seen in a natural setting, such as in a dream or meditation, would be so much more simple to overcome.

they are very sharp and double edged.

do be safe. don't assume absolutes unless you have the AUTHORITY to.... because most of us are still just humans and dont' know what we're doing, we can only gauge based upon immediate results and are largely ignorant.

I will say there is tremendous damage done, and that it is ignored..... especially from smoking cannabis (read: SMOKING!!!!!)

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (05/22/06 10:24 PM)

OfflineCUBErt
Connoisseur ofHallucination
Male

Loc: Southern CA
Re: True Dangers of Drugs [Re: soulcircus]
    #5662333 - 05/22/06 11:01 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

There are mainly two things that can seriously damage the information stored in our astral body and hence hurt us for many lifetimes to come: drugs and a loud noise.

Well... I'm fucked.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

Edited by CUBErt (05/22/06 11:02 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: True Dangers of Drugs [Re: CUBErt]
    #5663477 - 05/23/06 09:51 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

You'd think something like an astral body would be uneffected by something as basic as a loud noise, but, nope...

My skin, on the other hand, seems to have no problem being bombarbed by loud noises... :smirk:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: True Dangers of Drugs [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5663931 - 05/23/06 11:42 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

the astral seems to be referenced as a manifestation of the mind and any trauama your mind undergoes exists on the canvas of the astral plane.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals