Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblade21
Stranger
 User Gallery
mushroom skunk!
    #5631944 - 05/15/06 10:35 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i think i have discovered something quite cool.
put some fresh shrooms in a baggie, wait 48 hours, condensation on the baggie should accumulate to a small puddle in the corner, remove the shrooms and place some skunk in there, the skunk is dry and absorbs the water. i think cannabis burns a a lower temp than mushroom does and this allows you to smoke a small quantity of the active ingredient in the mushroom mixed with the THC. i don't know how good the science is, it might be a placebo effect but it made the skunk i did it with feel incredibly strong. stronger than it was be for i did this to it. so its worth the placebo if nothing else. give it a go tell me if it works for you. :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

Re: mushroom skunk! [Re: blade21]
    #5631960 - 05/15/06 10:39 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

its sounds like a good idea. you couldnt just toke up though. the heat from the flame would destroy the active ingreidiant in the shroom water. I dont know the science or a vaporizer, but if a vap. slowly heats up the bud then that should work. just with a pipe when the bud cherrys the psylocybin would desinigrate.

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #5631978 - 05/15/06 10:43 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Placebo.

When the mushroom water in the baggy vaporizes and transfers into the bud (assuming psilocybin actually accumulates in mushroom vapor which it probably doesn't) the psilocybin won't vaporize, it'll get left behind on the baggy. You're better off grinding mushroom powder and dumping it on the bowl.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineIWalkedOnTheMoon
Stranger
Male
Re: mushroom skunk! [Re: TODAY]
    #5632440 - 05/15/06 12:53 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

heat and psilocybin dont mix well. it would be incredibly wasteful to smoke it.

--------------------
Mama Mama many worlds i've grown since i first left home

OfflineThreePieceSuit
disastrophe
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast of Canada
Re: mushroom skunk! [Re: IWalkedOnTheMoon]
    #5632973 - 05/15/06 02:48 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Do the same, minus the mushrooms. Allow some weed to absorb regular water. Now tell your friend about your experiment. Give him/her the dope. Record effects.
Kinda mean, telling him/her that it'll have a different effect, but it may prove the placebo effect.
Personally I don't think it would do anything, and the others above have given reason enough. Heat + Psilocybin =  :frown:

Good attempt though, keep working on it! :thumbup:

--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

Invisibleabrad84
Stranger
Male

Re: mushroom skunk! [Re: ThreePieceSuit]
    #5632990 - 05/15/06 02:50 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

It's just water, if this worked it would mean drying fresh shrooms would render them inactive.

Offlineblade21
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: mushroom skunk! [Re: abrad84]
    #5645261 - 05/18/06 05:47 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

abrad84?????? no it wouldn't????? did you read the Post when you were on shrooms?

the water evaporates from the mushroom and collects in the baggie, this water then absorbs the psilocybin from the mushroom.

when you dry mushrooms the water vapor is blown away or absorbed by a deification powder and so does not absorb the active ingreadient in the mushroom.

get it?

Invisibleabrad84
Stranger
Male

#5645272 - 05/18/06 05:55 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

blade21 said:

get it?

Afraid not, it makes no sense.

Edited by abrad84 (05/18/06 05:55 AM)

Offlineblade21
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5645288 - 05/18/06 06:10 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

marijuana when smoked reaches about 500-700 deg C but THC vaporises at 200 witch is the same for psilocybin, when you smoke a joint you destroy much of the active ingredient but when you toke the heating process of the unsmoked part of The joint releases the vapors as you inhale. so the mushroom would do the same respectively. when you smoke cannabis it gives you a very noticeable high, despite the small quantity you smoke...if you ate the same amount you put in a joint you would not feel much if anything, so it makes sense to infer the same with psilocybin, small quantity, some of it burns away, but some of it vaporises and takes effect due to it being smoked and not eaten. if it doesn't work you can still eat the mushrooms and you still get stoned from the skunk...has any one actually given it a go to see if it works, as nothing is lost relay and there is so much to gain from trying if it works for you.

note i discovered this by accident when i was smoking a joint and found it to be way stronger/slightly different to normal so i investigated and found i had put the days skunk in a baggy i used to put some shrooms in earlier that week. so i thought about what could have happened. still it could be placebo and i was just having a sensitive day or something. but at least try be for you rule it out due to the heat factor.

Offlineblade21
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5645292 - 05/18/06 06:12 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

well just what bit dont you get?

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Loc: Australia
Re: mushroom skunk! [Re: abrad84]
    #5645301 - 05/18/06 06:17 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

its just water dude...there isnt anything in it AT ALL. the psilocybin and psilocin arent in the water, they are in the mushroom material. mushrooms are ~92% water when fresh. if all that water contained the psychoactives, do you realize how much would be lost? that would mean dry shrooms would be pretty much inactive if all/most of the psychoactives came out with the water..and if they didnt?...then fresh shrooms would be 10x as potent than dried.

why dont you do the ultimate experiment in attempt to prove this? Collect a bunch of the water until you have a decent glass of it, then slam that nasty shit down and tell us your trip report. :lol:

im willing to bet you get high on weed and then think you are on a level 1 and just needed to collect more water. which is damn stupid. what is even dumber is putting fresh shrooms in a sealed baggie. you either dry them immediately so they dont start to rot or get contams growing on them, or you put them in a paper bag in the fridge for up to a week.(im aware you didnt do that becuase you wanted the water, but i hope you learn now that its useless and a waste of time.)

--------------------

always remember.... to respect the fungus!:awesomenod::inlove3:

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Loc: Australia
Re: mushroom skunk! [Re: Mushroom_Mike]
    #5645304 - 05/18/06 06:23 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

note i discovered this by accident when i was smoking a joint and found it to be way stronger/slightly different to normal so i investigated and found i had put the days skunk in a baggy i used to put some shrooms in earlier that week. so i thought about what could have happened. still it could be placebo and i was just having a sensitive day or something. but at least try be for you rule it out due to the heat factor.

i call bullshit. i say you're lying out of your asshole to try and save face. :lol: whatever though. i gotta go to work. you have fun smokin mushroom weed, ill smoke this tastey strawberry skunk for my morning. *sniiiiifffff* ahhhhhhh yeahhh, fucking strawberries and skunk piss mmmmmm :lol:

--------------------

always remember.... to respect the fungus!:awesomenod::inlove3:

InvisibleKingSpade
Seeker
Male

#5645307 - 05/18/06 06:26 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

From what I understand, putting fresh mushrooms in a plastic bag will greatly reduce their potency. I have also heard that you need to smoke about a quarter of dried mushies to achieve desired effects (imagine smoking 7 blunts of mushrooms....YUCK!) Also, the psilocybin will not be in the water that comes from the mushrooms. If this was so, would 1.5 gram dried be equal to about 14 grams fresh? Also, marijuana is more potent when it is a bit dryer, the water molecules hinder the THC activity a bit.

Offlineblade21
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: mushroom skunk! [Re: Mushroom_Mike]
    #5645321 - 05/18/06 06:44 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

if you put fresh mushrooms in a glass of water the psilocybin is absorbed into the water so if you drink that water it gets you fucked!! yes is this not a scientifically proven phenomena?

so you just do the same thing but with a smaller quantity of water and then letting that water absorb into the bud

the reason it went in the bagie the first time was because i live with the rents and mushrooms can not go in the fridge with out them finding out. so it went in the baggie for a day or 2 till i took them. as they were gunna be OK in there for a few days it didn't matter.

chill man, im quite care free when it comes to things like the storage of mushroms, contams realy arn't much of an issue over the time period they are in my house for and there is some leway when drying, at the end of the day if they are a bit weaker due to being late dryed i just take more its no biggie. no need to get all riled up on my ass :peace:

Offlineblade21
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5645329 - 05/18/06 06:50 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

to be honest i put it on here to share what i thought might be a good thing. clearly with up tight smeg eating people like you it kinda runins it (mushroom mike)

Offlineblade21
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5645330 - 05/18/06 06:51 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

and 1.5g dry mushroom equates to about 15g wet...

Offlineblade21
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5645343 - 05/18/06 07:03 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

im not saying the psilocybin evaporates with the water, you could if you wanted to put some water in a baggie and then put the mushromms in that. the water then goes into the bud.

OfflineEdgekrusher
God
    #5645536 - 05/18/06 08:37 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I've smoked shrooms and got off on occasion. Really depends on the species/strain. In fact, I got a friend who does nothing with shrooms, but smoke em. Amanitas are his favorites.

OfflineChill808
modern dayrenaissance man
Male
Loc: West , USA
Re: mushroom skunk! [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #5647986 - 05/18/06 09:55 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Funny I actually set out to prove to my friend you can't smoke mushrooms. When I was in my late teens early 20's my house was the hotspot for parting, every one would come over to smoke up. I would take a bowl and sprinkle some crushed dirt weed which looked like a dried up mushroom crushed down and tell them what it was supposed to be, about three quarters of the people thought they were tripping, now on to really putting shrooms on top of a bowl and funny enough about the same amount of time people thought they were tripping. After that I stopped caring so I didn't continue trying to prove either or. I did the experiment with 35 people over about 6 days occationally I used the same person twice which probably threw my findings off because if they did it, thought it once their answer would be the same. Any way it was interesting reading this post made me think of it again.

Edit: I wouldn't mind getting into a lab and testing at what tempurature Psilocybes break down at, only then you'd finally be able to say if you could or could not smoke shrooms. I'll keep the door open on this one until its proved.

Edited by chill808 (05/18/06 10:07 PM)

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: mushroom skunk! [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #5648068 - 05/18/06 10:11 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Edgekrusher said:
I've smoked shrooms and got off on occasion. Really depends on the species/strain. In fact, I got a friend who does nothing with shrooms, but smoke em. Amanitas are his favorites.

Lmao at the "depends on the strain" part. What a LIAR. Look at my sig pic...says it all....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck