Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebluehawk
Get High
Male User Gallery

Smoking Shrooms
    #5647984 - 05/18/06 09:53 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I was ready to eat an 1/8 of shrooms with a friend. My other friend watching was just smoking weed, so Im like you wana try smoking the shrooms too. I put about .2 grams and my friend puts about another .2, we mix it with weed and make a blunt out of it. By the time I started feeling the shrooms start to kick in we just started smoking the blunt. I don't know if smoking the shrooms did anything but my friend that didn't eat them said he got a fat body high and all the colors were brighter. The taste of smoking them tasted fine with weed but not that good without.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty Dirty
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: bluehawk]
    #5648117 - 05/18/06 10:20 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I deffenetely noted that smoking them on a come up one time really increased the trip...colors and all...

--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5648124 - 05/18/06 10:22 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

heat destroys psilocybin and psilocin. your friend nor you felt the effects of smoking the mushrooms.

The only mushroom you can smoke for intoxication really is amanita muscaria or amanita pantherina. I dont think anyone has tried smoking inocybe but I wouldn't, and no one should btw.
Blunts tend to make many things brighter.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: CptnGarden]
    #5648179 - 05/18/06 10:35 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

the only possible explanation is that some of the shrooms further down were heated up by the hot air from the burning cherry just enough to cause vaporization of the psilocybing. Although I kinda doubt this, just a possible explanation for why it might work, which I don't think it would...

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty Dirty
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: StickyWater]
    #5648304 - 05/18/06 10:56 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

imo smoking does work ...heat does kill the chemical but i think some still gets heated just to the point of actually causing the chemical to go up in smoke...i dont know i feel the one time i smoked them in a blunt that it did make my trip more intense...could have been all in my head though

--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

Offlineshafty
fungus is urfriend
Male
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: camelsmoker]
    #5648314 - 05/18/06 10:57 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Placebo, the power of the mind is magnificent; as demonstrated when under the influence of shrooms

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: shafty]
    #5648363 - 05/18/06 11:11 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Placebo, thats everyones answer to this question. How simple.

I sure as shit can feel it. Its kind of like picking a load of mushrooms and it absorbing through your skin(but it hits you within one min.). Sure MOST people cant feel that but its a reality that some can feel that VERY easily(no not placebo).
I can feel smoked mushrooms and its probably because the lungs in a way ingest unburned alks(what better place for such a small amount of psilocybin). That, or the smoke is actually active.
Most people wouldnt feel it. Most people dont get OBVIOUS visuals from .1 gram orally.
Ill stand buy the idea that it works because I know it does somehow. I wouldnt recommend it to many people though.
Why? because MOST people cant feel even .1 gram of mushrooms orally, and most people would tell me that its placebo if you could feel mushrooms after picking many of them.

Edited by stemmer (05/18/06 11:14 PM)

OfflineChill808
modern dayrenaissance man
Male
Loc: West , USA
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: StickyWater]
    #5648382 - 05/18/06 11:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Unfortunately I haven't found any information on psilocybin or psilocin to help me out at all, but I to believe that you can NOT smoke mushrooms. Psilocybin and psilocin are very touchy compounds, many accounts of people drying mushrooms with heat have yield non potent results. My personal trial of trying to smoke them ended up being a waste of a 1/8. I certainly would love to get some more rock hard evidence on this through some lab work. Unfortunately at this time psilocybin and psilocin are frowned upon in the world and having any seems to upset authority figures.

Edited by chill808 (05/18/06 11:58 PM)

OfflineSouthPArk
C'est La Vie
Female User Gallery

Loc: SouthPArk Flag
Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: stemmer]
    #5648388 - 05/18/06 11:17 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

wtf is wrong with people...

--------------------

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: SouthPArk]
    #5648402 - 05/18/06 11:20 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

They can feel it and you cant. No, not placebo dudes..........

Can you feel the mushrooms after picking mushrooms? Well most people cant feel that. Thats why I wouldnt recommend it to anybody.

Im not saying it isnt a waist of mushrooms.

OfflineSouthPArk
C'est La Vie
Female User Gallery

Loc: SouthPArk Flag
    #5648421 - 05/18/06 11:24 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
not placebo dudes..........

Dont Under estimate the power of placebo..

--------------------

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: SouthPArk]
    #5648449 - 05/18/06 11:32 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry, Ive been doing this for years and have never enjoyed a placebo effect. Im just not capable of experiencing that. If you asked me to tell if 1/9th of a hit of acid was all or nothing I could tell you with one hundred percent certainty. If you gave me a shard of a dried maple leaf that was the equivalent to 1/16th of a full salvia leaf and told me to stick it into my mouth and tell you if it was salvia, I could tell you the answer 100 %

If you picked a cube in the wild and wanted to know if it was poisonus, I could tell you by using 1 by 1 cm worth sublingually. Less would be required though.
So dont underestimate the receptiveness of the human brain.

I am hesitant to say this, but those who dont get visuals from .5 grams of shrooms dont know what the hell they are talking about.
The same goes for you people who refuse to believe that there is something interesting about smoking mushrooms.
Ive taken some massive doses so dont get me wrong.
Some people cant feel smoked amanitas. SO what does that tell you...
Smoked amanitas are great. Work well by themselves and work even better with MJ.

Edited by stemmer (05/18/06 11:39 PM)

OfflineAshland
Space Cowboy

Loc: North America
    #5648851 - 05/19/06 01:45 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Don't smoke mushrooms buddy! It's bad for the mushrooms, and no good for you! Heat destroys the mushroom, and with it the magic stuff that makes them psychedelic.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: Ashland]
    #5649003 - 05/19/06 02:57 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I dont smoke mushrooms, its not worth it.

OfflineAshland
Space Cowboy

Loc: North America
    #5649010 - 05/19/06 02:59 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Amanitas are a different story... they cause a euphoric feeling when smoked, wheras cubensis do absolutely nothing when smoked. And yes, I believe I am accurate in saying so - but feel free to correct me if I'm indeed wrong :-)

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: Ashland]
    #5649069 - 05/19/06 03:35 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Nah, I dont know the science behind the fact that it works. I only know about the science behind the idea that it CANT work.

It has its effects..... Not worth it.

Offlinebluehawk
Get High
Male User Gallery

#5652193 - 05/20/06 02:07 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I think you can, i've read other forums where people have smoked shrooms and felt something. http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/9231

--------------------

OfflinePSylopHiLe
stoner
Male User Gallery

#5840814 - 07/09/06 11:04 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

WASTE of mushrooms, WASTE of money. Psilocybin/Psilocin are broken down at temperatures just above 100 degrees. Heating it with a 400 degree flame will destroy the psychoactives. Besides, i would rather smoke straight weed. eat them, thats what they're for

--------------------
"Try not to let your mind wander, it might not come back"

OfflinePSylopHiLe
stoner
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: PSylopHiLe]
    #5840829 - 07/09/06 11:08 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I was once given bunk shrooms. I ate them and then smoked alot of weed, and thought they worked (btw i smoked 6 grams). Weed seems to make u imagine that u are tripping but u are not. Now, just apply that idea to smoking shrooms.

--------------------
"Try not to let your mind wander, it might not come back"

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Smoking Shrooms [Re: PSylopHiLe]
    #5840922 - 07/09/06 11:43 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PSylopHiLe said:
Psilocybin/Psilocin are broken down at temperatures just above 100 degrees.

Tea makes people trip.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder