Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMycoangelo
Light and Sound Machines!
    #563503 - 02/26/02 07:03 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I did a search thru the archives and no one has ever mentioned using a light and sound machine as a meditation aid while tripping. If you've never seen one, its basically a small gadget with buttons on it. Its got a pair of headphones and a pair of sunglasses with red LED's inside. It plays a tone that is slightly different in each ear and the red lights flash against your CLOSED eyes in frequencies that are supposed to correspond to the different brain states alpha theta delta. Your brain works out the difference between the tones being played in either ear and you hear it as a single tone. Its a fairly intense experience drug free. You see moving patterns and shapes in color even though the lights are just red. I've only tried it on mushrooms once so far. I left my body to a black void which slowly filled with glassy odd shaped asteroids. Then when the frequency picked up speed the asteroids became smaller and farther away until they were just pixels of a giant screen playing crystal clear images from my past. There didn't seem to be any particular theme to the images and there was no sound to them.
Anyway, has anyone else ever played around with one of these things or understand the science behind them?

-MycoAngelo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
Re: Light and Sound Machines! [Re: Mycoangelo]
    #563575 - 02/26/02 08:51 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

im still waiting for some kind programmer to write up some freeware that allows the user to have high control over every aspect of binaural beats, and the speed of the flashing/pulsating light/pattern

i dont see why people shouldnt be able to reach focus 21 on their own pc in the comfort of their own home

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Anonymous

Re: Light and Sound Machines! [Re: Lallafa]
    #563583 - 02/26/02 09:00 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone can reach Focus 21 within the comfort of their own home without the use of ANY external machinery, lights or sounds.

It's all available to you right now. Human Version 1.03

Anonymous

Re: Light and Sound Machines! [Re: ]
    #563591 - 02/26/02 09:10 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

it think i'm still using the beta version...

Anonymous

Re: Light and Sound Machines! [Re: Anonymous]
    #563593 - 02/26/02 09:13 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

That's ok.. you can upgrade whenever you want

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

#563603 - 02/26/02 09:21 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

tell me how to do it without years of practice and dedicated meditation

i like the whole flip of the switch idea personally :wink:
whats wrong with having some brainwave-synchronizing frequencies to aid you in your explorations?

--------------------

Anonymous

#563616 - 02/26/02 09:41 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Nothing wrong with it per say... just that you don't NEED it. As long as someone can recognize that I say go for it. I recommend Hemi Sync by Robert Monroe

Anonymous

#563621 - 02/26/02 09:44 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

#563776 - 02/26/02 12:17 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

have you tried any of these?
i have tried both.
first let me tell you about hemisync
all of monroes good hemisync frequencies (the ones that cause obes, focus 21) are not released to the public. you have to go pay tens of thousands at his institute.
the ones on tape can help you relax and meditate and such, but they are nothing spectacular, and require alot of practice and dedication

now about the nova dreamer:
please please please do not recommend this product.
get that book "Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming" by LaBerge but NOT the goggles. they dont help. they didt help me, and i cant find a single person who has used it and has claimed that it worked as advertised.
If it did work, its a placebo thing. there is no need to spend all that money. other methods work much better and are alot cheaper. get a watch that beeps every 30 minutes. every time it beeps ask yourself if you are dreaming. look at a sign with words on it, read it, look away, and look back at it. if the words change you are dreaming. every time it beeps you have to honestly question if you are dreaming although you will know that you arent almost instantly. this trains the mind to question if it is conscious, and you will eventually ask yourself while you are dreaming.

do not buy the goggles..

--------------------

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

#563783 - 02/26/02 12:25 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

$275.00.
my god thats insane.
i got mine for just over 200 and that was over 2 years ago.
please do not waste your money on this

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #563871 - 02/26/02 02:14 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Anonymous

#564031 - 02/26/02 05:51 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I don't stand behind those goggles... personally I think its a big rip off... I was just trying to help. Just typed in astral exploration in a search enginge and found that. Personally I would never waste so much money on such a thing.
I've used the original Hemi Sync and it is GREAT for "flick of the switch astral travel" I don't think it costs thousands of dollars... maybe it does to enter the actual program at the Monroe Institute, but I'm pretty sure my friend paid $200 for a set of 20 tapes, 2 books, and a trippy poster to stare out while you're attempting OBEs and whatnot. I don't know where you can get the real thing, since I know there is a lot of copycats, but the Hemi Sync is the real deal. My friend had to special order his kit from a new age bookstore.

Edited by Shroomism (02/26/02 05:59 PM)

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #564053 - 02/26/02 06:19 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

they're just pretty fuckin' etertaining - there are new cd players/visual headsets that synch the music to the visual light display; put in your favorite music, put on the glasses, close your eyes and see for yourself if you find it enjoyable....
i would put it in the class of recreation and would avoid using it as therapy or consciousness expansion.

a very neat experiment was a biofeedback machine (i believe called The Shaman) that could be ran through the glasses, the person who was hooked up with galvonic skin response patches created both visual/audio responses based on his tension levels - his visual/audio responses were then played throughout many headset/glasses for us to observe/tune into. very cool

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Anonymous

Re: Light and Sound Machines! [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #564057 - 02/26/02 06:28 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Mental Hygene posted this link to a brainwave generator.. its free, I like it. http://www.bwgen.com/

Anonymous

#564064 - 02/26/02 06:36 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
    #564178 - 02/26/02 08:23 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Damn it Shroomism, I really wanted to type that link!!!!!  Now I just have to settle with writing this pointless post. :wink:

Seriously though thanks for the credit.  Have you tried the generator at all?  Everything is better when its free!

Also this is off topic:  Refering to your "commuity" post.  Would the food only be plant life or would their be animal raising as well? 

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: Light and Sound Machines! [Re: MentalHygene]
    #564680 - 02/27/02 09:15 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I used bwgen a while ago (damn, I also wanted to be first with that link! :smile:, but not extensively. It does work though, and now that I have been reminded of its existense, it's time to try it again. Anybody had any particular results?

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #567559 - 03/02/02 06:41 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have a few hemi-sync mp3s.. I like em.

OfflineMuShi_KiNg
---------|)
Re: Light and Sound Machines! [Re: Jared]
    #568208 - 03/03/02 12:56 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

how long should one listen to the sounds I cant find it any where thank's thats from http://www.bwgen.com

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #568353 - 03/03/02 05:26 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

those machines are hit-n-miss products.. Using them does not guarantee you the results with or without the use of drugs. I also mentioned before this type of tech is brute force and is not true binaural frequencies, just beats strung together with background music.

FFR (following frequency response) is the shiznit when the product can monitor the user's brainwaves from EEG and entrain them in real-time. Or the producer customizes the program for the customer in question.

Be wary when some co says its product can produce the patterns of beta, alpha, theta and delta but provides no solid research in where these brainwaves are being patterned for deep meditative states. I'll wager that when a meditator reaches stages of jhanic absorption, his/her pre-frontal cortex is at high Beta levels. I;ve read the opposite of what companies would say the, that delta levels are reached when in very deep meditatiion. hehe this will fool alot of people because of the misinformation associating Delta being the overall optimal level the brain achieves during such practices..

BTW - bwgen is an [out-dated] product to customized binaural beats AT your own risk. there' implications of such twinkering that can endanger yourselves, psychologically. I rather chowed down fungus than play with that thing..

Edited by ArCh_TemPlaR (03/03/02 05:30 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies