Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpacial Temporal
Space Cadet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: kaniz]
    #20916102 - 12/02/14 09:11 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Psilocybin/Psilocin ( "magic" mushrooms ) = Smooth -
LSD aka Acid; Lucy = Static -

Edited by Spacial Temporal (12/04/14 12:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesylvester7861
Just a Synapse
Male

#20925208 - 12/03/14 09:32 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

This thread just goes to show that there is not a definitive answer to which is "better" or which will "deliver more". I have done awesome mop up LSD and dropped 4g and a little shake of mushrooms. After experiencing both in great amounts, i have come to love mushrooms more than LSD. LSD is an amazing substance, one that delivers amazing experiences and "lessons". I've never had a bad trip on LSD, but i have had one on mushrooms, and thats what makes me favor mushrooms over LSD. Mushrooms i believe bring me closer to nature, to the reality of an alternative dimension. When i do mushrooms i envy trees and grass, i speak the language of nature, and the universe...i understand it. LSD...only word to describe it is...fun/hilarious. I love it. its great...but when i think about what is important in my life..mushrooms win. Mushrooms bring the soul/universe right in front of a person and display it...through this i have learned many things about myself that ive been able to change, for the better. Sure ive had great funny and awesome visuals..but the connection with nature and my soul through mushrooms is something that has literally saved me from evil. It's amazing how both these substances effects all of us differently!

--------------------
"I have to keep talking to remember I can't see"

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineSizlChest
Padawan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: sylvester7861]
    #20925364 - 12/03/14 10:07 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Shrooms : analog

LSD : Digital

--------------------
PrimalSoup's Tea Tek

"I always say the tea is like eating a burning tire covered in dog shit while someone steps on your nuts. Good luck!"
"Hell, shrooms have blown up from under me and kicked my ass on 2 grams once."
"I think ill eat some shrooms right about now, and ill continue to until it doesnt feel like the right thing to do."

OfflineAizen
God of my own world
Female

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: SizlChest]
    #20926021 - 12/04/14 02:11 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

LSD = saved me from suicide

Shrooms = have not yet saved me from suicide

Well what can I say, Lucy my darling

I'm far from an impartial judge but on my personal level it's hard to argue with those results

--------------------
I love growing things, and I love making things. I will always prefer drugs I have grown or made myself to those I have bought; the challenge of the manufacture makes the product all the sweeter.

Bucket list of drugs to produce:

Low tier: Cannabis, Caapi Vine, Chacruna, Coca, Ephedra Distachya, Kratom, Mimosa, Morning Glory, Opium, Psilocybe Galidoi, Salvia, Syrian Rue
Mid tier: Crack Rocks, Ephedrine, Freebase DMT & 5MeO-DMT, Freebase Mescaline, Peyote, Peruvian Torch, Psilocybe Cubensis, San Pedro, Tar Heroin
Top tier: Amanita Muscaria, Cocaine, Crystal Meth, Pan Cyans, Psilocybe Azurescens, Synthetic DMT & 5MeO-DMT, Synthetic Mescaline, White Heroin
God tier: Lysergic Acid Diethylamide

OfflineSpacial Temporal
Space Cadet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: SizlChest]
    #20927921 - 12/04/14 12:04 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Positive Comparison

OfflineKel
Stranger
    #21649507 - 05/07/15 02:52 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I finally had the chance to try LSD a few weeks ago (it was actually 1p-lsd, but from what I hear the experience is mostly indistinguishable), so I thought I'll add my comparison:

The visuals were way more intense than anything I ever saw on mushrooms. Drawing while under the effect was fantascientific and one of the funniest things I ever did. Every line I drew was morphing and expanding in every direction while changing colors. Also creativity was through the roof, I was basically chasing my ideas and I could see complete drawings from just a few random lines.
On mushrooms I had a few trips with almost no visuals at all.

Phisically I felt more energetic, I would have loved to dance. I also had a constant tingle/tremor all over my body most of the time. I found this quite annoying to be honest, so overall I prefer the body sensations of mushrooms. With them I can almost ignore the existence of my body and I always get what I call "the body orgasm" on the comeup, just a physically pleasing feeling that goes through my whole body and that tells me the trip is about to start.

Mentally I was more in control of my emotions. It was way easier to keep my mind shut and just experience everything around me. Also less risk of sad or negative feelings caused from a picture, a thought, or other external stimuli etc. but that's also true for the positive emotions and overall things didn't feel as meaningful and full of lessons to be learned.
On mushrooms everything has a meaning, I remember one time I found a piece of metal in a river and that became the perfect metaphor for, well, everything. I even carried it with me for most of the trip.

Last but most disappointing thing: the afterglow.
The following days I didn't have the glowing positivity and the feeling of having become a better person that I get after a shroom trip. Certainly I was happy about the trip and kept thinking about it, but I felt more or less the same as usual. I didn't give it too much thought until my friend told me the same thing a few days later.

I'll certainly try it again in the future, but for now I prefer mushrooms, mostly because of the afterglow.

Offlinesarahnya
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21845983 - 06/23/15 01:08 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I see the electric green grid everynight when I close my eyes, maybe I have issues lol

OfflineCirclesongs
Stepinsidelove
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: sarahnya]
    #21846211 - 06/23/15 02:10 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

LSD= The Matrix
Mushrooms= The Lord of the Rings

Imlive them both. But shrooms are more user friendly i feel. 3-4 hours and ur pretty much back to baseline. LSD is fun at festivals. Dance all night!

InvisibleMagicalOrangutan
Curious Cat
Male

Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: Circlesongs]
    #21846398 - 06/23/15 03:11 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms made me way less anxious than the supposed acid I had (tho it was tasteless white blotter), but also gave me stomach issues and an unenjoyable body tension. The acid gave me more feel good euphoria for sure.

On the other hand, the mushroom mental space was way more interesting and mystical than the acid mind space, again assuming it was legit LSD. It might have been lsz, allad or even 1plsd. Couldn't have been any nbome or DOx though, considering the tastelessness, correct?

--------------------
On the ground you lay, with your dogs you pray, at a neon hieroglyph sky you gaze

Hugging your mind, praying to survive, feeling the love of the hieroglyphs in the sky
We all need more love, and mainly less hate
Hate is the blind that covers the heart's eye
That makes the heart's eye cry
Locked deep away in the skies of our minds

It's all in the mind

Offlinecptnmexico
Stranger
    #22580551 - 11/27/15 12:28 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I prefer to take mushrooms with an maoi and I usually shoot for the stars every time I trip simply because I don't get the opportunity to do so on a regular basis. As such, I will compare a high dose of mushrooms (5 grams plus 3 grams of rue) to a high dose of lsd (6 tabs which based on other's experiences seems to be about 500 mcgs).

Mushrooms:

On this dose I become incapacitated. The body high is intense; it feels like I'm flying. My mind wanders and anything that I have buried will inevitably surface whether I like it or not. Ego death is a certainty. I am convinced that I do not exist, yet I feel like I am the entire universe.

As far as oevs go, I first start to notice swirling of the room. Then, colors become more vivid and things I'm watching on the tv start to come out of the tv. Birds, for example, fly off the screen. Melting is very obvious. Next, objects start to morph into each other. Said birds may turn into an old Spanish galeon. As I begin to peak, oevs become so powerful that I can't tell if they are real. Everything I see is a hallucination. I may be transported to a different planet, transform into a mountain, or fly through space.

With regard to my mental state, I completely lose my mind. I can't tell if I'm tripping or if this is how things have always been. At the start everything is really funny, knee-slappingly hilarious. It then progresses into being absolutely astonished for the remainder of the trip. Everything is mind blowing. Totally out of control. For mushrooms, I have to stay at my house. There is no way I could tell where I am going or interact with people.

Acid:

The come up is quick, 30 minutes as opposed to mushrooms which takes 90 minutes. It starts with a mild body high and progresses to blatant hallucinations. Everything is melting, colors are vivid, and my mind is blown constantly. However, I am always in control. If I need to interact with people I can turn off the wildness. I still laugh my ass off, but I can always focus and get things done. After a couple hours of losing it I begin to think really clearly, perfectly even. I know exactly what I want in life and that's to be like a cowboy. Not a cowboy in the sense that I wear a hat and jeans and herd cattle, but in the sense that I am a total badass, that I have to live life like I want, to get the most out of everything, to be free. I become very empathetic. I understand people, their motivations, and their points of view. I want to party like never before. I crave to watch action shows like cowboy bebop and trigun. This goes on for about 8 hours. I become very clever, sociable, and fun.

The visuals last for maybe 8 hours, but that doesn't seem to be the main attraction. The sensation of being a badass is the main event of the trip and it happens on the come down.

Comparison:

Mushrooms seems to be much more introspective, healing, and out of control. The hallucinations are so powerful that I can't tell if they are real or not. Acid is much more in control. I feel much more psyched on life. I want to cheer and scream and party, whereas on mushrooms I want to meditate. Acid is more for fun and mushrooms are more for growth.

I love both! However, if I were to choose just one it would be mushrooms because I feel like it's much more spiritual, powerful, and life changing.

OfflineSeanm83
Stranger
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: WornTraveler]
    #22994398 - 03/10/16 10:37 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Acid is mercurial, liquid metal. Also can be your best friend one minute, then turn on you, but in a clear, analyzing, awareness of what's happening kind of way.

Mushrooms are the air just above ground that you breathe. The air can be wet, dry, blowing, or still. Mushrooms when they turn on you, are still like the air, spinning your head around and confusing your mind and emotions, as you can't control or contain air.

Invisiblemoonzo
Getting Better
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kaneta Flag
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: Circlesongs]
    #22994427 - 03/10/16 10:44 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Circlesongs said:
LSD= The Matrix

HAHAH i love this!!

Imma add something now..

LSD = chess
Shrooms = checkers
------------------
LSD = Math/Chemistry/Psychics
Shrooms = Biology
------------------
LSD = Analytical/Calculated
Shrooms = Fluent/Flowy

Just some personal experience though. People see it differently.

--------------------
"I don't make any sense, do not ever listen to me under any circumstance." <-- This is how I am viewed by a regular person in society
"Were the aliens nice?" <-- How I hope to be treated on this forum

Track record: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=20394867&page=2&vc=1#20394867

Mescapsilosyergictryptamine :billseal:

OfflineGeorgiaFungi47
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Georgia Flag
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: moonzo] * 1
    #22995296 - 03/11/16 08:28 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

I like to look at it this way..

With acid, you are the puppet master.
With shrooms, you are the puppet.

OfflineSizlChest
Padawan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: moonzo]
    #22996383 - 03/11/16 03:20 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

moonzo said:
Quote:

Circlesongs said:
LSD= The Matrix

HAHAH i love this!!

Imma add something now..

LSD = chess
Shrooms = checkers
------------------
LSD = Math/Chemistry/Psychics
Shrooms = Biology
------------------
LSD = Analytical/Calculated
Shrooms = Fluent/Flowy

Just some personal experience though. People see it differently.

LSD = digital
Shrooms = analog

--------------------
PrimalSoup's Tea Tek

"I always say the tea is like eating a burning tire covered in dog shit while someone steps on your nuts. Good luck!"
"Hell, shrooms have blown up from under me and kicked my ass on 2 grams once."
"I think ill eat some shrooms right about now, and ill continue to until it doesnt feel like the right thing to do."

Invisiblerolear8
Im god
Male User Gallery

Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: cptnmexico]
    #23015865 - 03/17/16 08:13 AM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

cptnmexico said:
I prefer to take mushrooms with an maoi and I usually shoot for the stars every time I trip simply because I don't get the opportunity to do so on a regular basis. As such, I will compare a high dose of mushrooms (5 grams plus 3 grams of rue) to a high dose of lsd (6 tabs which based on other's experiences seems to be about 500 mcgs).

Mushrooms:

On this dose I become incapacitated. The body high is intense; it feels like I'm flying. My mind wanders and anything that I have buried will inevitably surface whether I like it or not. Ego death is a certainty. I am convinced that I do not exist, yet I feel like I am the entire universe.

As far as oevs go, I first start to notice swirling of the room. Then, colors become more vivid and things I'm watching on the tv start to come out of the tv. Birds, for example, fly off the screen. Melting is very obvious. Next, objects start to morph into each other. Said birds may turn into an old Spanish galeon. As I begin to peak, oevs become so powerful that I can't tell if they are real. Everything I see is a hallucination. I may be transported to a different planet, transform into a mountain, or fly through space.

With regard to my mental state, I completely lose my mind. I can't tell if I'm tripping or if this is how things have always been. At the start everything is really funny, knee-slappingly hilarious. It then progresses into being absolutely astonished for the remainder of the trip. Everything is mind blowing. Totally out of control. For mushrooms, I have to stay at my house. There is no way I could tell where I am going or interact with people.

Acid:

The come up is quick, 30 minutes as opposed to mushrooms which takes 90 minutes. It starts with a mild body high and progresses to blatant hallucinations. Everything is melting, colors are vivid, and my mind is blown constantly. However, I am always in control. If I need to interact with people I can turn off the wildness. I still laugh my ass off, but I can always focus and get things done. After a couple hours of losing it I begin to think really clearly, perfectly even. I know exactly what I want in life and that's to be like a cowboy. Not a cowboy in the sense that I wear a hat and jeans and herd cattle, but in the sense that I am a total badass, that I have to live life like I want, to get the most out of everything, to be free. I become very empathetic. I understand people, their motivations, and their points of view. I want to party like never before. I crave to watch action shows like cowboy bebop and trigun. This goes on for about 8 hours. I become very clever, sociable, and fun.

The visuals last for maybe 8 hours, but that doesn't seem to be the main attraction. The sensation of being a badass is the main event of the trip and it happens on the come down.

Comparison:

Mushrooms seems to be much more introspective, healing, and out of control. The hallucinations are so powerful that I can't tell if they are real or not. Acid is much more in control. I feel much more psyched on life. I want to cheer and scream and party, whereas on mushrooms I want to meditate. Acid is more for fun and mushrooms are more for growth.

I love both! However, if I were to choose just one it would be mushrooms because I feel like it's much more spiritual, powerful, and life changing.

This, with the difference that i do not hallucinate to much with shrooms, only an enchance of colors with eyes open, closing the eyes i dream awake. Same happens with LSD but seems i get lil bit more visuals with eyes open.

And for sure i get more knowledge from shrooms apparently.
  :highfive:

--------------------

Follow me in Instagram: @Lenmiscate

Edited by rolear8 (03/17/16 08:19 AM)

InvisibleLSDollar
Trans-female

Loc: Up Up and Away Flag
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: rolear8]
    #23016057 - 03/17/16 09:45 AM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Best way I can describe it...

LSD is more eletric. Its really hard to compare the two, its like comparing a orange and a apple.

Shrooms, you have less visuals i would say. I would compare 100ug of lsd, to around 1.5-3G cubes. Visuals are way different though. Lots more colors on lsd.

If i had to choose one for the rest of my life, i would have to think about it for a long time.

I have not had any cubes in a year, and now i have my hands on a near-endless supply of lsd. I just got a oz of cubes for 85$. I always get sick on cubes. Tea, pills, ate regular does not matter. I will get sick. The funny thing is though, that once I get sick, that kicks the trip off. Sometimes I start seeing slight visuals then get sick, and start tripping balls. Sometimes its nothing, get sick, and by time i am wiping my mouth off I have visuals.

Offlinejjjcmzzt
That guy
Male

Loc: United States
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: LSDollar]
    #23016667 - 03/17/16 01:52 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

LSD is a very fun drug, and I love taking it because I feel like I have much more thorough conversations regarding the world around me. While on acid, I can think clearly about things that are very human, like politics, money, greed, etc.

Mushrooms is like speaking to a deity for me. I could care less about materialistic, human things, because I become aware that the distinction between nature and humanity is a line we chose to draw ourselves. I become more humble regarding the fact that I came from nature, and that nature cares for me. This is why mushrooms will always be a better drug for me. I know that mushrooms help turn me into a better, and much more conscious person when it comes to recognizing the damage my actions can cause and knowing how to make changes to myself so I don't cause that damage in the future.

--------------------
Psychedelics i want to take: Mushrooms, Salvia (weak), Salvia (strong), Cannabis, LSA, Cactus, LSD, DMT, Bufotenine, 5-meo-DMT, 4-aco-DMT, Bufocin (theoretical as of now),  and a long long time from now, Datura (deliriant).

"LSD is a psychedelic substance which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people that have never taken it."

DEATH METAL \m/

OfflineRebelutionsssss
Mdmazing
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: rolear8]
    #23016682 - 03/17/16 01:58 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

rolear8 said:
Quote:

cptnmexico said:

Mushrooms:

Acid:

Comparison:

This, with the difference that i do not hallucinate to much with shrooms, only an enchance of colors with eyes open, closing the eyes i dream awake. Same happens with LSD but seems i get lil bit more visuals with eyes open.

And for sure i get more knowledge from shrooms apparently.
  :highfive:

perfect description!!!! i feel exactly the same

--------------------
:
To define is to confine.

OfflineHypnotoad420
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: Rebelutionsssss]
    #23017094 - 03/17/16 04:23 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

For the initiated. Put simply for a topic so hard to put into accurate words. Mushrooms are alive, and LSD brings you to life.

:mindexpanding:

--------------------
:hypnotoad:

Invisibledankington
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 8te
Re: The Definitive LSD vs Mushrooms Thread [Re: Hypnotoad420]
    #23017622 - 03/17/16 06:45 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

For me, in my own experience, shrooms were scarier to me (this is mid-late 90s). So, I opened the door with acid. Growing up with dare and everything regarding the pharm companies, I somehow trusted human separated chemicals more than organics. I was even against pot. Not unlike Alexander Shulgin.

I opened the door with acid, and I realized so many things. It hit as I was driving home from a party and I went to sleep tripping! Something I've never been able to do since! But it was transforming.

I later realized I HAD to try mushrooms. The rest is history. 14 years after my first trip on acid, I've finally secured my own mushies (before which I'd always found acid easier to find, though sometimes it's DOx or nBOME or something). I've never been so at peace, nor happier with the shrooms. It's like they show me what I really want deep in my heart. And then, they force me to pursue that happiness and confront all my fears. I fucking love mushrooms.

But Acid was like my first love.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck