Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Newbie taking on alot of casing (pics)
    #562208 - 02/25/02 03:50 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Heres some pics from one of the 2 terrariums I have setup......Everything here is B+ and 50/50+ (Popular combo) Im a newbie and Im pretty hyper about seeing these things do so well, at least I hope! *Gulp* These are my virgin cakes!
This is pretty much my practice and learning batch, being my first time and all...so i dont have any big pipedreams of a huge crop...a few grams though would be nice, annd if I get more..thank jesus!! :smile:
Ok anyways, about these crapy as hell pics?? Well thats all ill have til I can get a Digicam, onece I get one of them Ill be sending lots of pics for my fellow newbies. No contams so far, and humidity stays at 90-100%. fanning twice a day with a bubbler goin on in each terrarium as well 24hrs a day (very little to moderate air comming out of the bubbler)

Thanks, comments and questions desired here:)

Ok, This is my main casing. It gets white in no time so I always patch it lightly with some more 50/50+...real paranoid Ill get overlay. Its actualy 2 one pint finchseed jars of substrate, with 2and a half inches of 50/50+......rest are BRF's

Too agressive?? Leave it???

This here is a fiesty little bad boy, lotta growth..again, should I worry about overlay???

This is an overhead shot of all the casings for this chamber, I know theyre shitty shots but better than nothing. I put a heater in each corner, a  50w aquarium heater in a jar

This guy is doing well I guess, not so agressive, nice amount of top casing left..hope he pins soon.

This is a front shot of the pinning/fruiting chamber...notice I use perlite, I use ductape on the lid to help save moisture...put a few holes with filterdisks over them as well on each side....you can see the one in front. If I need more moisture I tape them up. The font empty corner is where one of the heaters go..

Nice and even on this guy, but look at the corner there...man, its looking nice with all the white, but what about that "O" word??

Look at that corner go!!

Ok, looks like its all even and good but multiply what the density of the white growth looks like there and times it by 5 or so...its strong and the only casing on top of it is a very thin dusting of 50/50+

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
Loc: kentucky
Re: Newbie taking on alot of casing (pics) [Re: Northernsoul]
    #562484 - 02/25/02 11:28 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

are you using one of those netcam cameras for those pictures or something?

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: Newbie taking on alot of casing (pics) [Re: Under_net]
    #562527 - 02/25/02 12:07 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i've been in the market to buy a digi camera. please tell me what kind you are using so i know NOT to get that one!!!!

can't really SEE if you are doing good but it sounds like it.
happy shrooming!!
peace!

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: Newbie taking on alot of casing (pics) [Re: XAZIA]
    #562544 - 02/25/02 12:24 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i believe he is taking pics on polaroid or 35mm and scanning them to post.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #562559 - 02/25/02 12:43 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

XAZIA I just went thru a 255 dollar experiment with a dig cam. Make sure when you buy one that your home puter has a serial port. My new puter has USB ports so I spend 179 get a Kodak3200 dig cam... then realize from asking here that I need a USB port converter..so 59 more dollars I got a USB converter and now seems the CD rom with the converter is bad...LOL... so I still cant post pics YET but I will if its the last thing I do. I m pissed now. LOL.. You probably know much more about computers than I do. I m just telling you that in case you need a cam with USB capability. Good luck to ya

--------------------

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

#562564 - 02/25/02 12:49 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I've been shopping around for one for the last month and the best deal I found and now have is this camera, it's made by this no name company and isn't that cool looking but it's cheap, $129, and is a 2.1 megapixel, which is some great resolution, check it out---- http://www.nxgenstore.com/nxgen/itemdesc.asp?cartid=3245899PXCTK739&ic=DC00019

it's the SiPix SC-2100

roy

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: Newbie taking on alot of casing (pics) [Re: roykinn]
    #562593 - 02/25/02 01:16 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

as a matter of fact southerngent i do have usb ports and i did not know that!! thanx, you probablu saved me the headache you are going through right now. i appreciate it that was a very gentlmany (is that a word!?) thing to do.
**grin**
thanks for the link roy!!

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #562622 - 02/25/02 01:44 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Then just be sure to get a USB camera. It's that simple.

A good choice would be a Sony DSC-P50 Cyber-shot.

Price around 300.00 at Circuit City. Only comes with 4 megs of memory though. I bought a 32 meg stick for around 35.00

They will try to sell you their add on battery kit. You don't really need it. The cam uses 4 AA batteries. It will go through regular batteries pretty fast but Rayovac makes a one hour charger that uses Nimh batteries. Charger was 20.00 and 4 AA were 10.00. But they charge fast and last a long time. It's worth the few extra bucks.

Sample pic follows.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (02/25/02 03:32 PM)

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: Newbie taking on alot of casing (pics) [Re: Under_net]
    #562726 - 02/25/02 02:59 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

LOL!! :smile:  Yeah its a cheap ass webcam! Are all these cams in american dollars? I have 300 canadian dollars, wonder if that will get me anything half decent?

Anyways, what about overlay? I get alot of peeps saying to lower the temps to 70, any thoughts?

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

OfflineParticleMan
enthusiast
    #562770 - 02/25/02 03:42 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

canadian dollars are for monopoly money use only......just kidding

--------------------

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
    #563096 - 02/25/02 10:00 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Xazia, Check this review out:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/316692p1.html

After reading it I was convinced. I'm buying this one! What really stands out about it is the fact that you can use other lenses with it, ie. wide angle, fish eye, telephoto, etc.

I also ordered the product brochure from Nikon. If you want it scanned and mailed somewhere, let me know.

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
    #563476 - 02/26/02 06:29 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I bought a JamCam3.0 or something from radio shack. 49.99+tax canadian. 640x480. see the contam forum for cookiewhores post called "Cobweb mold.. i hope not" or somehtring like that to see teh quality.

OfflineHisStudent
enthusiast

Re: Newbie taking on alot of casing (pics) [Re: cookiewhore]
    #563656 - 02/26/02 10:20 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ya I got one of those Jam cams as well ( I think it was a christmas gift or something) and it works pretty good. I wouldn't use it to take family pictures for the archive or something important with it but for closeups of a ball jar or pictures of that new terraium your just dieing to show to the rest of us mushroom junkies this lil cam will work. You will have to play with it a little to get the best images but what do you expect for 35 bucks....
you can get one here
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=KG-JC3S-WB

you can get it shipped COD or they will take just about any form of payment there is.I dont have any little guys yet to show but here are a few sample pics.

The retired cancer crew

Dirty Brass and the Shwag Bag Posse

--------------------
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.
- Jack Handey

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: Newbie taking on alot of casing (pics) [Re: HisStudent]
    #563959 - 02/26/02 04:06 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Not too bad, ill check it out :smile: 

--------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
And I'll be gone

Offlinejuggalo
    #564013 - 02/26/02 05:19 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey I got an Olympus D-510 ZOOM, here's some pics showin the quality

Pipe (lil unclear, didnt really know how to work the camera at the time :smile:)

Pipe and some broken up pot...

Closer...

*PS sorry bout the size of em

Edited by juggalo (02/26/02 05:20 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Newbie taking on alot of casing (pics) [Re: juggalo]
    #564045 - 02/26/02 06:09 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Nice pipe, but THIS is a pipe.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newbie taking on alot of casing (pics) [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #564080 - 02/26/02 07:02 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

lmfaooo bro,

I have had the same Proto Pipe now since 1977.
They are the best.
I give them out as gifts to my friends for Christmas....lolzzz

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#564100 - 02/26/02 07:23 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

so whats up with those casings? do you have enough growth to initiate pinning? maybe a cold shock will work them up.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate