Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedi11rod

size of terrarium important?
    #562978 - 02/25/02 07:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

My friend is using a couple of plastic storage containers approximately 8" X12"X24". Humidity seems to be rather high from the moisture in his casings alone. No perlite or anything in there and it's around 95%. I'm wondering, though, if the volume of air in his containers is too little. I'm wondering if the CO2 is too high because there is less volume inside the container and it fills up more quickly than if it were larger. From the pics in the pictures board, it looks like a lot of people are using the much larger storage bins for terrariums. What do you think?

He gets a fair amount of pins, but they usually turn into abhorts. He's got one Lippa Yai stalk that is taking a long time to grow to maturity. Also, he doesn't get flushes so much as individual mushrooms growing.

Also, is it better to leave temperature at 80 on the dot all the time or each night to let it drop to the low seventies?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
Re: size of terrarium important? [Re: di11rod]
    #563001 - 02/25/02 07:58 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Size is only important when you consider the size of container in relation to the amount of substrate you are going to fill it with. If you use a large container and it's only half full you are going to have problems with humidity.

The chamber I designed only needs to be sprayed down once before putting trays in. There is no humidifier or any other method used to maintain humidity because there is no need. There is an air exhange system in effect however. Now if this chamber were only a quarter full, it's effectiveness at maintaining desirable humidity would be compromised.

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

Edited by Nighted (02/25/02 08:04 PM)

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
Re: size of terrarium important? [Re: di11rod]
    #563415 - 02/26/02 04:24 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i am not sure exactly what nighted said-lolz-maybe im stoned-maybe im stupid
but i was wondering the same about the temps-
we are having some very,very weird weather in the south right now-
my terrariums stay all at 95+ humidity all the time,with perlite.my temp moves up and down alot-on a cold morning(we havnt had many of those in feburary yet)they will start out at 71 degrees or so-but they slowly move up all day-so at night when i go to bed(this is a rare thing as well...lolz)they temp is sometimes over 80- degrees-will this rise all day hurt them? i also use a small flourscent and natural non-direct light all day and at night darkness-i know they do not require a certain amount of light,but what about darkness?
peace
Lee
Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags