Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Samsara
    #562535 - 02/25/02 12:14 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I was thinking today about Samsara and I feel like Samsara may be in itself an intity. It seems as if it has a will to try to hold you in so to speak. Like the closer you get to obtaining enlightenment the harder it trys to hold you in. I mean it seems like it knowingly sends events at me to keep me in line so to speak. Parhaps like everything else I am only imagining it.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Re: Samsara [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #562537 - 02/25/02 12:17 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Samsara as an Entity is itself an illusion

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #562569 - 02/25/02 12:52 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

The closer you get to balance, the harder it is to get knocked off balance.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRoger_irrelevant

Re: Samsara [Re: Seuss]
    #562592 - 02/25/02 01:15 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

It feels more like the closer you get to balance, the EASIER it is to get knocked off balance.  :frown:
The Ego gets real subtle in it's games.
Damn a life of a hermit is no fun but it sure seems easier.

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #562643 - 02/25/02 01:57 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

and yet...
"samsara IS nirvana..."

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Re: Samsara [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #562652 - 02/25/02 02:07 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Samsara is by deffentition the illusion. So of course it is, but I was just thinking about the concept of Tulpas and how one could be created but will eventually hypotheticly evolve it's own will. I was thinking that Samsara could be a sort of Tulpa created by the greater self. We all are really, but most of the time it seems like people refer to Samsara as a sort of state of things, where as I think it could be an entity, of course if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It was just a thought really. I was reflecting on how everytime I feel like I'm getting closer, it just so happens things seem to get trown my way to become obsticals.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
    #562654 - 02/25/02 02:08 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Samsara is, by deffentition, the illusion. So of course it is, but I was just thinking about the concept of Tulpas and how one could be created but will eventually hypotheticly evolve it's own will. I was thinking that Samsara could be a sort of Tulpa created by the greater self. We all are in a sense, but most of the time it seems like people refer to Samsara as a sort of state of things, where as I think it could be an entity, of course if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It was just a thought really. I was reflecting on how everytime I feel like I'm getting closer, it just so happens things seem to get trown my way to become obsticals.

--------------------
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #562674 - 02/25/02 02:17 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Words are so tricky... I think we are talking about the same thing, but from different angles...

I agree with you, the ego is very tricky and doesn't like to let go. The closer it gets to losing the battle, the nastier it plays the game. At the same time, as one begins to learn the tricks the ego plays, it becomes easier to side step oneself. The less one thinks, the easier it is not to think.

An example is with honesty. The ego loves to lie, both to itself and to other people. As a person lies to themselves and others, it becomes easier and easier to believe the lies. If the person takes a long hard look in 'the mirror' and sees their lies for what they are, they can start to catch the lies before they happen. The less one lies, the harder it is to create a lie. As the ego realizes that lies no longer work, it will switch to something else.

The less one thinks, the easier it is not to think. ... or like Joshua said at the end of the movie war games, "The only winning move is not to play."

--------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #562685 - 02/25/02 02:28 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

To me, Samsara is simply a side-effect created when one walks the proper path. If life were a boat, Samsara would be the wake created as the boat travels. People spend their lives sitting still in their boats trying to figure out how to make the wake instead of traveling down the river.

--------------------

OfflineRoger_irrelevant

#562765 - 02/25/02 03:37 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #562790 - 02/25/02 04:03 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Entity.. That's an odd way to see it. Samsara is an intellectual concept to many. Only those who *realized* through whatever practice could fully come close to knowing what it is. It's not a sentient being by any stretch of imagination, nor does it has the conscious will to impede. Samsara is nature and the laws governing Buddhist traditions that may not reflect everything about everybody.

It is Duality as you are describing a friction that impedes you. So if something is still tugging at your feet while your eyes gaze upwards to the conquest of Nirvana, you have unresolves to settle? TElling ya to "listen up" and focus elsewhere.

I have a rough model with symbolisms that entail a cone about Duality:

The top point represents the densest and lightest point of energy, level of luminosity. The bottom level (base) is the lowest and heaviest ~ home of the master-ego. So as the person on a spiritual journey slowly twirls upwards to the peak, the master-ego diminishes in area until there's barely any trace of it ~ only super-ego dominates as the super-imposed ego on self near the upper levels.

If you visualize by viewing the *solid* cone from the top, the base is a circle. The symbol of such is prevalent in Buddhist mysticism, espeicially Tibetan mandalas.

If you watch from the top you'll see a black circle at the bottom[EGo}, the implosion starts from the outside. The higher the circle travels up the cone, the smaller the area of the black that's being engulfed by an opposing color: white (super-ego).

If you watch from the bottom, the top point is descending, the explosion begins at the middle of the circle, white engulfing black.

If you watch from the side while top descends and bottom ascends as two thin lines, top is getting larger and bottom is getting smaller. This is like total purification of transformation from Sky energy (white ray) from the crown (top) and Earth energy (kundalini) from the bottom (root)..

Soemthing for you to munch on. heh

Edited by ArCh_TemPlaR (02/25/02 04:18 PM)

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #562795 - 02/25/02 04:11 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

An example is with honesty. The ego loves to lie, both to itself and to other people. As a person lies to themselves and others, it becomes easier and easier to believe the lies. If the person takes a long hard look in 'the mirror' and sees their lies for what they are, they can start to catch the lies before they happen. The less one lies, the harder it is to create a lie. As the ego realizes that lies no longer work, it will switch to something else.

Sounds just like my model, the *co-processor* of the super-ego, mindfulness

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order