Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHumboldtHort
PCing elsewhere and becoming paranoid
    #561721 - 02/24/02 04:53 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This is just me getting a few things off my chest. Little bit of a catharsis. I live in a residence hall with 5 other guys. We all have our own rooms but share a kitchen and living room. I've been pressure cooking jars and a couple of the asked me what it was about. I basically told them it was none of their business in polite terms. The other guys didn't really care. The two guys that do are always fucking here. They really have no social lives. Anyway, the other day I was pressure cooking 3 jars. I prepared the jars w/ rye grain, gypsum, water in the kitchen. They walked in while I was preparing them and again were curious. I told them that I wasn't living with my parents anymore and didn't need to disclose to them what I was doing. They told me that it was their business since they pay for housing and that I could be putting them at risk. They thought I was extracting THC from marijuana seeds or growing mushrooms. They were more strongly convinced that I was extracting THC since they smelled rubbing alcohol near the pressure cooker. I guess they thought I was PCing rubbing alcohol to do so, which isn't the case. I then decided I should tell them something or risk being turned in. I told them I was doing some tissue culturing, trying to culture Salvia plants. I told them that it was sort of a drug, but legal, as it is. Anyway, they still tripped out about it saying that they could get into trouble with the law if I were to sell these plants to people. They obviously don't know what the fuck they're talking about. I told my girlfriend about the situation and now she wants me to stop. So I'm no longer going to be PCing at my place. I have some jars going right now and I'm hoping to get some prints. I was thinking about just doing all my PCing at a friends' place and setting shit up at my place. I obviously need to be more discrete about things. Why can't people mind their own business? Am I in the wrong here? Thanks for listening to me bitch.

--------------------
A gram is better than a damn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Re: PCing elsewhere and becoming paranoid [Re: HumboldtHort]
    #561808 - 02/24/02 06:17 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

You are putting these kids in a rough spot there, they shouldnt be that nosey but you shouldnt be putting them in such a harmful situation... even if you get busted and they are allright, they still shouldnt have to deal with police busting into the hall and arresting you... I would still do it, but would keep it hush hush, buy the presterilized rye grain bags from dr bluethumbs and you won't have to PC anything- just be careful with that shit, no matter how much of a bitch they are, you still have no right to keep them in this situation after they already know the jist of it... anyways, best of luck to you, I suggest going for the bags, then sitting down with them and saying you've stopped what you were doing, then just keep it really hush hush--- and dont sell, you will get caught-

roy

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #561811 - 02/24/02 06:22 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

He he ,funny problem...but...i guess every grower has his own......it takes a little bit more than what you think to grow shroomz :smile:  but its fun too.....to find a way out and stuff, hehe,enjoy the procedure.....you should see my aunt asking : "Whats that light coming out of your closet??"  lol 

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #561867 - 02/24/02 07:33 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

another case where the myco enviroment bags come in handy if you ask me.

--------------------

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
    #561872 - 02/24/02 07:45 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Tissue cultering? Oh god....how lame.

Why didn't you just say you were making pickles or something the first time they asked you? No shit they kept bugging you about it because you were being so reticent when confronted by their questions. I think it was your attitude more than anything that kept them going.

Oh well...too late now!

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

InvisiblePapa_Smurf

Re: PCing elsewhere and becoming paranoid [Re: Nighted]
    #562001 - 02/24/02 10:29 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

well the excuse about not getting in trouble with the salvia plants was probably a bad thing, because even though the po po can't do anything, the man in the dean's office can, he has a terrible thing called discretion which osn't cut and dry, so if you're up to no good (in his opinion) than you're screwed anyway.

Your roomates probably wouldn't get in trouble, but they're probably bitches like one of mine. I would do your shit like once a week late at night (I do mine from 4-7 in the morning once a week and he has no clue). That's my 2 cents anyway.

--------------------
"Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything"

OfflineHumboldtHort
Re: PCing elsewhere and becoming paranoid [Re: Papa_Smurf]
    #562017 - 02/24/02 10:49 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think Ghost is right. I needed an excuse in the beginning. I don't think they would have bought pickles, but something would have been better than silence. I just didn't feel I needed to tell them anything. After a situation developed, I thought I needed a buyable excuse. They bought the Salvia excuse. I didn't think they would trip on Salvia though. I fucking live in the weed capital of California. I ended up telling them that I told my girlfriend what happened and she asked me to stop. I made sure they noticed me leaving with the pressure cooker and cleaning out a few jars. I think I've significantly reduced the level of suspection. Before I did most of my shit in secrecy, except for the pressure cooking. I guess I just got caught slipping. This was a learning experience. Thanks for the imput

--------------------

OfflineCanisdormit
journeyman
Re: PCing elsewhere and becoming paranoid [Re: Papa_Smurf]
    #562027 - 02/24/02 11:10 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Smurf has it right. Do everything you need to when you know your bitchy roommates are asleep.

I've got three roommates. One knows everything. He's cool with it. He and I smoke and drink and party all the fuckin time. My other two roommates know I smoke weed and drink alot, and they're cool with that. However, shroomies would cause them to each shit a brick. When they asked me what I was doing, I told them that I was preparing some special soil for growing phalaris grass (completely legal); which I was going to use to extract alkaloids from when I go home (for the purposes of getting fucked up). After that there were no questions.

To anyone who hasn't started, but plans on it:
Use your noggin. If you live with others, be sure you've got an angle that will keep their noses out of your ass. Nothing sucks more than getting busted with shrooms (4 grams in my state, wet or dry, is enough to get you 20 years in a state pen), but with a little forethought it should never happen.

BTW, I think that, at least in my state, when they calculate the weight of the product, they'd also weigh the cakes/casing. When they do that you're fucked.

--------------------
If humans are what they eat, I'm just a huuuuuuge mushroom.

Edited by Canisdormit (02/24/02 11:13 PM)

OfflineZorba
journeyman

Loc: Victoria, B.C.
    #562047 - 02/24/02 11:38 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

The same thing happened to me the first time I was sterilizing jars. I have 4 roomates and they all keep different hours so I went to my girlfriends house. Her roomate was supposed to be at work but came home early because they were over-staffed. That was a huge problem because this is my girlfriends best friend and they have lived together for 3 years. They tell eachother everything and she got so pissed off at the shocked look on our faces and non-response when she opened the door and walked into the kitchen. We told her after she threw a fit and its still a little akward a couple months later. She was ok with it only because I've got the jars at my house and nothing illegal was done at her place.

Oh well, I think my girlfriend is going to move out soon but I assure you all it is totally unrelated to this unfortunate mishap.

OfflineLeGrouper
enthusiast
    #562058 - 02/24/02 11:52 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'm telling you now HH, I can tell you don't like those guys and they probably don't like you. People who don't like you are the most likely way of getting narc'd on so be careful. A couple of times I have had people who didn't like me try to call me into the police. I actually had some cops come to my door and ask to search my house, I didn't have anything so i let them. They said they had some complaints that we were dealing drugs. We were never doing that, we had just been smoking budda. Anyway, you might want to lay low until you are sure they are cool with you and not some wacko fundamentalists or something.

--------------------
The above post is entirely fictional and should not be taken out of context.

Ali-G
www.boyakasha.co.uk

Invisibletheseeker
addict
 User Gallery
    #562075 - 02/25/02 12:16 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with LeGrouper. If they flipped out then they're probably going to tell some of their loud-mouth friends or your RA. That kind of information spreads faster than you might think. For your own well-being I would stop the project in the dorm. I wouldn't be surprised if your roommates snoop through your private space, find something, and call in the cops. Doesn't matter for them, and they get to make a huge spectacle. Be safe, and break their legs anyway for being a couple of ass-sniffers.

OfflineHumboldtHort
Re: PCing elsewhere and becoming paranoid [Re: theseeker]
    #562083 - 02/25/02 12:29 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This will be my last post on the subject. I actually haven't had any problems with these guys before this incident. I guess I'm pretty bitter at the moment. I've been nothing but cool to these guys. On the day of the conflict I had given them a bunch of candy I didn't want. They're not into drinking, smoking, or tripping and haven't gotten any pussy. I suppose that's why they're so uncool. There aren't any hard feelings being displayed. I'm playing the role until I move out, which I hope to be soon. I'm just going to case in a few days and make some prints. And that's that.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #562207 - 02/25/02 03:49 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'm going to side with your room mates on this one. Even though they "MIGHT" not get into any trouble if you get busted, there is no way to know for sure. And what about the fun they would have during any possible police raid? Should they have to deal with that? Then there is the lingering suspision they would face from police and school officials who might not be sure that the roomies were not involved. And what about drug seizure laws? Might not some of their stuff be seized as well?

All in all.... show some class and don't put them in this position.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinezodiac312
journeyman

#562585 - 02/25/02 01:09 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i would suggest erring on the side of caution and stopping the project completely. its only paranoia if their arent people out to get you, and there are people that do nothing all day but try to imprison people like you. on top of that, and i could be wrong, but i think that you being in a dorm room basically nullifies your ability to deny the cops (or anyone from the school really) the right to search the place. it is seriously not worth it. think about it, you will get kicked out of school for sure and even in a best-case scenario you will end up with probation, which is a serious pain in the ass and forces you to change your entire lifestyle. just my two cents worth.

--------------------
*Everything in this post is fictional and should be treated as such*

InvisibleMr. Pink
Model Prisoner
Loc: Small town with a BIG pro...
Re: PCing elsewhere and becoming paranoid [Re: zodiac312]
    #566475 - 03/01/02 01:00 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

In reply to:

They're not into drinking, smoking, or tripping and haven't gotten any pussy. I suppose that's why they're so uncool.

Truer words have never been spoken.

--------------------

"Why do I get to be Mr. Pink?, I sound like a fucking pussy."

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #566506 - 03/01/02 03:05 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Tough luck. You've got to keep this stuff TOP SECRET in a dorm-type seting. Sorry, it's over for you, for now. Man, dorm's are the worst for spreading news! The risk is too high for you now.

There needs to be a dorm tek. Somewhere in it should be the advice to use a single burner plug in deal, in your own room to avoid detection. Does anybody remember the Walmart pressure cooker scam? It could be adapted to this.

Also, what the hell do you say when someone walks in on you? When you hear, "What's in the pressure cooker?"

Yeah, it's a bit of a stumper. Hmm, better think about this one folks, but when you find the answer, don't tell anyone by posting it on this board, they'll know your lying then.

That's a great story.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Offlinelobo121782
enthusiast

Loc: SD USA
    #566561 - 03/01/02 05:52 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hay guys no hard thoughts, Hows about this setup, its about my house. About 1 year ago, I started growing in a extream setup, 3 persionaly made tanks, made of plex-a-glass. Thus being on the down low was a little out of the question, well I will start from the begining. I had just started growing mushies about 1 year ago, I grew them in a toat, with a plexaglass lid. it was quite cool, no probs, and no contam, and this was my first time, I grew eq and pf. them my mother had met this guy at the local dance club, I thought he was quite cool to talk with. Basicily we enjoyes his company. I was in my bedroom several weeks later doing my usual growing. I had forgot to lock my door, it had five locks but that didnt matter, by this time I had my 3 persionaly made tanks, 60 gallons each. Quite large tanks and my room was sort of small, well I cant say just that my room held a Large entertainment center, a large corner desk, and a king size bed. plus a book shelf. so it was a little cramped. Well monty walked in and saw that I had these large cages, he asked what was I doing?? I searched my head for a answer in less than 3 seconds, I told him that I was growing exotic mushrooms, he asked which ones and what strains, I told him that in one of the tanks it was the angle of death mushroom, that grows in the rain forest ( I have grown this one before, put it this way it was like growing sems under lab conditions - a very hard mother to grow), then he asked what was in the other one, I told him that those were ones that grow in the back yard. not quite edable ones. and he asked about the other, I told him that those were a different strain of edable button mushrooms. He left me alone for a bit. There was not any problems after that, but he keeps calling them shrooms, I kept wondering why?? So I asked. He said that he was in law enforcement agentcy. thus a cop. but retired, so when I hurd that I nearly shit a brick. he never gave me too many details of why he called them that. but 6 months later my mother and monty got maried. I found out 3 weeks after the wedding that all except a 3 of his family new that I grow mushrooms, dam how word travles fast, a week later after that I found out that his family was nothing but police officers, now I literiaily shit a brick. (had to clean my pants - lol). they didnt care much at all that I grew mushrooms, heck 90 percent of his family smoke weed, except for the ones that are alergetic. at the time when monty walked in my room that day long past, at that time I was on probation for grand theft auto. my prob officer looked at my collection of mushies, not even he said anything of relevance. the only thing he said is that I should wait till I move from the area, he said did you know that your less them 1000 feet from the school. I replyed no, he asked my what my buisness was in doing this, I told him that I like to do cell cultures, and create hybrids, and give the spores to my friend for him to do research on the spores and how the roots and cells come tograther in there own way. He said thats good that I have a hobby, But he said that he rather have me find another one. the funny thing is that he never gave me a piss test with in the whole year that I was on prob. He was cool. there is a lot more to this store. so maby another time when a person wants to read the book. Thanks Eric

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates