Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Do I bulk or cut?
    #5617754 - 05/11/06 03:40 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

6'4" ~175 lbs.

I am pretty skinny, but I have a layer of fat around my torso. I can feel rock hard abs under there, but they cannot be seen. I was hoping to lose the layer of fat, then start bulking, but I don't know if this is the best way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Do I bulk or cut? [Re: PinballWizard]
    #5617932 - 05/11/06 04:23 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

lol

Well you definitely have to get your body fat lower if you want your abs to show. I'm in the same boat as you right now, the only fat on my body (anywhere!) is covering my bottom four abdominals. And it sucks...

You don't particularly have to cut too much... what's your bf% right now? Do you measure with calipers at all?

I'm going to trim down a little. For the most part, I bet you can shed a bunch of water weight and lost a good 5-10lbs with relative ease. It's the easiest to lose. It's getting down to the nitty gritty and losing that stubborn fat that's the hardest.

What's your diet like too? Do you eat relatively clean? Take any supplements? I'd suggest omega fatty acids, flax seed oil and fiber (insoluable and soluable). Take the fiber at a different time than the fatty acids though, otherwise it may wash it away along with other stuff in your bowels. Good, healthy way to start nipping at the fat. Being so skinny all my life though, I never had to worry about this. I had "abs by default". Now they're gone lol :frown:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflinePinballWizard

Re: Do I bulk or cut? [Re: browndustin]
    #5618762 - 05/11/06 07:50 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

The past few months I've been eating clean. My diet consists mostly of chicken, salmon, spinach, carrots, apples, bananas, oranges, whole grains, protein shakes, and skim milk. I think I probably junk out too often still, but now I'm strictly going to try a diet of 1300-1500 calories. Even though I look quite skinny, I can still grab a good handful of fat from my stomach.

My prime concern isn't getting a six-pack, but just getting in shape. I have been lifting weights lately, but I guess won't see any gains if I cut.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#5619092 - 05/11/06 09:21 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I've been reading up on this, and the most simple thing for anyone to do would be to average out their caloric intake for the day and cut anywhere from 300-500 cals. Sounds simple enough, eh

I'm kinda doing the same thing right now. lemme know if it helps!

--------------------

Invisiblei8an8th
Mrs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #5619105 - 05/11/06 09:25 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

How about me should I bulk or cut?

--------------------
:sporedrop:

Invisiblei8an8th
Mrs.
Male User Gallery

Re: Do I bulk or cut? [Re: i8an8th]
    #5619126 - 05/11/06 09:30 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

If you wanna lose massive amounts of weight take DNP.. but be very careful.. read this.. http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/showthread.php?t=2159
People can eat what ever they want and still lose a pound a day.. its pretty crazy shit..
I used Clenbutrol and Cytomel to lose weight.. It helped a little bit.. But thats with diet and exercise.. I lost 29 lbs in about 3 months...
If you have any more questions shoot me a PM..

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#5619159 - 05/11/06 09:39 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

i8an8th said:

Maintain in the game's what I'm sayin. :cool:

How much weight are you throwin up on the bench? Squat and deadlift? How long have you been working out bro? I never would have guessed that you were such a big guy but I suppose that you haven't been posting for very long. Keep it up though. :thumbup:

**Edit/Addendum**

Wow, DNP looks like some crazy shit. Right up there with roids and PHs in terms of being in a grey area hey.

I don't have anything against stuff like that because you have to really know your shit before you mess around with stuff like that. You get burnt, you wise up or fucking stop doing stuff like that. You do it for too long and you ARE burnt. I can respect those who DO make awesome gains in terms of quick weight loss.

I'm only 20 years old and would never have to serious cut like that, so it's not of much use to me, but I'm sure that others could learn a thing or two from those forums. The only things close to PHs that I've taken were probably ZMA (just got another batch, laid off it for a month or so), and white blood from Controlled Labs. Taking that at night certainly triggers shitloads of recouperation that it's almost scary. I'll just take ZMA because I don't want to mess with my hormones at this age.

--------------------

Invisiblei8an8th
Mrs.
Male User Gallery

#5619171 - 05/11/06 09:45 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

To be honest I have no idea what my max is in anything.. I do all my working at home.. With some old free weights.. and a shitty machine.. I few years ago I went to the gym and put up about 250 on the bench press.. I've been working out since I was 15 off and on.. right now im on an "off" because im to busy with school.. But im really hopeing to tone up this summer.. now that i've lost alot of fat...

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#5619199 - 05/11/06 09:56 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

How old are you?

I don't really ask for people's stats too much because I'm not one to claim I can squat 400lbs, only to post pictures of my abs on the internet ya know. But yeah, I wasn't sure if you were fat or not. You look like a pretty big guy to me. I wish that I had a big foundation to chisle at.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5619412 - 05/11/06 10:59 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Isn't it great being an ectomorph?  :rolleyes:

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Do I bulk or cut? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5619851 - 05/12/06 12:50 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

175 @ 6'4 you should be bulking - for a while!

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5619868 - 05/12/06 12:53 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

browndustin said:
Quote:

i8an8th said:

Maintain in the game's what I'm sayin. :cool:

How much weight are you throwin up on the bench? Squat and deadlift? How long have you been working out bro? I never would have guessed that you were such a big guy but I suppose that you haven't been posting for very long. Keep it up though. :thumbup:

**Edit/Addendum**

Wow, DNP looks like some crazy shit. Right up there with roids and PHs in terms of being in a grey area hey.

I don't have anything against stuff like that because you have to really know your shit before you mess around with stuff like that. You get burnt, you wise up or fucking stop doing stuff like that. You do it for too long and you ARE burnt. I can respect those who DO make awesome gains in terms of quick weight loss.

I'm only 20 years old and would never have to serious cut like that, so it's not of much use to me, but I'm sure that others could learn a thing or two from those forums. The only things close to PHs that I've taken were probably ZMA (just got another batch, laid off it for a month or so), and white blood from Controlled Labs. Taking that at night certainly triggers shitloads of recouperation that it's almost scary. I'll just take ZMA because I don't want to mess with my hormones at this age.

DNP is hardcore shit, way more hardcore then PH's and MOST roids. Most roid users wont fuck with DNP. I would stay away from it if I were you...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#5619877 - 05/12/06 12:55 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Well if you're 6'4 and only 174 lbs I can imagine you are pretty skinny.

Its up to you weather you want to bulk up or not man.

If you want to gain some muscle you have to lift heavy and take in about 3000 calories a day. Lots of protein, carbs and fats. But it must all be clean. Fat is essantial but it must be good fat, no saturated or trans. Carbs should all be complex, try not to get any from sugars. Lean Protein like chicken and tuna is great, beans are awesome too.

If you want to show your abs, then do serious cardio, and eat clean and take in less than 2000 calories.

'Sup to you man, but if you're only 174 then I say you try to gain like 20 lbs of muscle dude.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Do I bulk or cut? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #5619887 - 05/12/06 12:59 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, bulk to 220, then cut. Your going to have to live with a little fat and not be a pussy about it. Otherwise, you'll end up in this ridiculous cycle of bulking then cutting to early because you gained a little fat then repeating the process over and over and end up fucking up your whole endocrine system in the process...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Do I bulk or cut? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5621864 - 05/12/06 04:52 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Totally.

Fooq being an ectomorph. For the first time in my life I can actually drink lots of caffeine (lots imo is like 1 red bull every other day) or go for a run without losing 10lbs in water weight. Thank the sweet fricken lord.

Yeah, I actually had a little more time to check out DNP lol, holy fuck is it ever hard core. I'd probably do some roids before DNP, that's for sure. At least there's tried, tested and true PCT's that you can do after a cycle. In fact, I'm extremely tempted to do a couple of cycles when I get past 200lbs and age a good 5 years or so... but who knows what the future has to hold. Newb gains only last so long but I could never start slacking now that I've tasted iron.

I'd definitely advocate a clean bulk. I don't know if I was high or something, but I just realized you're ultra tall.... I feel like an ass. But yeah, I never thought clean bulking "by the book" was really possible, but it is. I'm eating nothing but egg whites, tuna, lean sources of protein, measuring out cups of frozen veggies, doing all that shit and it's amazingly simple. You just have to drag your ass to the grocery store, make sure you have a list of food items and plan out your meals for the week. It's dead simple. You won't put on too much fat whilst getting leaner at a good rate.

I don't think I could ever go dirty again.

--------------------

Invisiblei8an8th
Mrs.
Male User Gallery

#5622052 - 05/12/06 06:02 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't take DNP.. Just the clen and cytomel.. for 3 weeks..

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#5622430 - 05/12/06 07:33 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I hear that it's a relatively safe stack.

I know that I couldn't possibly do that in my current situation... it just wouldn't be appropriate. But I've looked into it. Get pretty good gains or what?

--------------------

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#5622557 - 05/12/06 08:03 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

your hardcore dustin, keep up the good work.

when i have enough money to buy some food im gonna hit the gym again.

Invisiblei8an8th
Mrs.
Male User Gallery

#5624616 - 05/13/06 01:14 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

browndustin said:
I hear that it's a relatively safe stack.

I know that I couldn't possibly do that in my current situation... it just wouldn't be appropriate. But I've looked into it. Get pretty good gains or what?

Gains? Clen and cytomel is to help lose weight.. they actually say its safer then ephedrine...

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#5626191 - 05/13/06 08:47 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I am going to chut up. :lipsrsealed:

I was thinking of an ph stack and the name threw me off. Thought it was a stack for newbs to gain a lot of muscularity without too much room for error. I just googled clen and cytomel and yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about now.

fresh, I ain't hard core lol. But yeah, without being too modest I'll admit that the last two weeks have been ultra clean (and very satisfying) My bf% is roughly 13.5% using the calipers, scale and intuition. I'm stoked. It really pays off to bulk up clean. I'm actually steadily gaining weight and becoming more muscular which is really good. If I lose the abs again, ah well. It happens.

--------------------

OfflinePinballWizard

#5702215 - 06/02/06 12:05 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Old thread, but I need some more advice. I've decided to bulk up to about 200. How long will it take to gain 25 pounds at about 3000 calories a day? I'm having a hell of a time trying to eat enough. I'm trying to stick to healthy foods, but they're so low in calories that I am making myself sick trying to eat so much.

OfflinePinballWizard

#5704508 - 06/02/06 03:18 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

One more question... Does metabolism affect muscle growth? I wonder if I should stave off cannabis use whilst bulking.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #5705102 - 06/02/06 06:54 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

metabolism seems to be effecting my muscle growth... it seems to make my muscle more dense instead of large (but maybe its just me?). which i dont mind, its all bout performance i thinks.  :stoned:

but still its important to know your metabolism because it will define how often you should eat. people with high metabolism need to eat more often to avoid not having any nutrients in your body (starving your body).
and certain eating patterns can supposedly change your metabolism ever so slightly.

but will metabolism effect your muscle size?
could well be. more chance that high metabolism peopel will be more toned and rock hard instead of the bigger bulky guy with those flabby muscles that shake in the wind.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: Do I bulk or cut? [Re: eligal]
    #5705285 - 06/02/06 08:00 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

ps, the muscle density thing, lately ive been wonderin whether this was also partially caused by including cardio excercises into the workout routine. :shrug:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale