Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Visual Music?
    #559070 - 02/21/02 10:16 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This thread is from a thought born from pulserate's report. Through discussion i've found it's common for one to visualize sound and music while tripping. I would like to hear everyone's interpretation of this. I'm also a musician, a music major. Music is my life, the most wonderful thing in this world. in my CEV i have seen tons of different ways to visualize music. One was each sound was given a character, well i guess i should say a character sprang forth for each sound. This was during Metallica's "Orion". Then during Hendrix's "Red House" and "Voodoo Child" a design would form for each sound, then the guitar would create patterns interacting with the designs. My fav tho, is techno, Chem Bro's "Surrender" i had fractalized particles like in Winamp visualization, only they'd bounce around in their area and swirl around eachother. whew i love music and tripping. cmon fuel me w/ some of your interpretations. esp you pulserate
_ry_

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Visual Music? [Re: Blastrid]
    #559218 - 02/22/02 01:08 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I don't really know what you are asking for but when I listen to music on acid and on shrooms they are completely different experiences ...

on acid, when i listen to music, visually I see a completely new world which looks like how I feel when I listen to it sober. I get completely immersed in the world like a body of water and forget about reality ... it's truly amazing and my favorite thing ever ... instead of colors and patterns I often see completely new OEV objects and animals and ground and everything, just utterly alien ...

Shrooms I tend to have a more patterned visual of music, and more blobs of color floating ... not as exciting but definitely fun of course. less of experiencing the music as a whole world and more like a realistic way of listening to it ... I can't really explain ...

just all in all music is utterly unbelievable on acid and enjoyable on shrooms IMO, different for each person ...

Offlinezappadean
    #559244 - 02/22/02 01:31 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This has happened to me only once. I was at a party, and the speakers began to shoot colored strings that flowed around in the air, just above my head. I can remember reds and yellows, and possibly purples coming out of the speaker, but i can't remember if there were any definate shapes in the music. Still, it was pretty amazing.

--------------------
"If you do acid wait an hour before swimming."
- Kids in the Hall

Offlinepharmacopeia

Loc: Canada
Re: Visual Music? [Re: zappadean]
    #559410 - 02/22/02 07:55 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I was on 4 grams of cubensis once and just as I started the peak there was a thunderstorm. So this buy itself was insane, and then I turned on tool - third eye :smile: colored streams and musical notes started to fly out of my kaboom box and dance all over the walls.

Tool is god.

--------------------
W A R N I N G
This signature message for YOU is formulated to GRAB your ATTENTION and.. allow your mind to sink deeper and deeper within itself.. right now.. as your eyes ROOOOOLL over this text you may even notice.. your breathing starts slow down.. and you.. allow yourself to.. become calm and relaxed.. and you'll.. feel drenched in a warm and fuzzy energy.. and every time you read this message, you might.. feel that same warm and buzzing energy getting stronger and thicker..

-
"I had a friend once who told me that the worst mistake that you can make is to think that you are alive, when really you're asleep in life's waiting room." -waking life

OfflineAsrael
Stranger
Loc: Pullman, WA
    #561547 - 02/24/02 12:23 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

We listened to Dark Side of the Moon while laying on the floor and staring at the ceiling. I saw waves like water flowing to the music above me and ran my fingers through to make waves. Then, I watched the paint on the ceiling bubble to the music. Kinda different.

~Asrael

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: Visual Music? [Re: Asrael]
    #561584 - 02/24/02 01:34 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I personally keep falling back to Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. Nothings better than songs that are older than me!

Sting's "Desert Rose" makes me see mad notes coming out of my player, too.

OfflinedoCtR_diSCreeT
DoctR g0nEMaAd...

Loc: iNfesTinG yOur teRraRium
    #562037 - 02/24/02 11:20 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Usually when I'm under the influence I listen to anything within' the electronica genre.  The music just seems to go with everything that's happening around you!  Try driving down a long interstate highway or something...(if you feel comfortable to drive & if you can control yourself)...and look at everything around you.  Just being in the moving vehicle while shroomin' is a rush! :shocked:  Especially when you have a nice system installed!

Have fun & be safe!

Peace! 

--------------------

Peace!

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Visual Music? [Re: doCtR_diSCreeT]
    #562601 - 02/25/02 01:22 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

"Usually when I'm under the influence I listen to anything within' the electronica genre."

hell yeah, each sound seems to just fit, like it's supposed to be there, and it's supposed to interact with the environment. well good electronica that is... chem bro's, prodigy, sasha and digweed, aphex, crystal method..............
_ry_

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflinedoCtR_diSCreeT
DoctR g0nEMaAd...

Loc: iNfesTinG yOur teRraRium
    #563183 - 02/25/02 11:25 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Here...if you like techno and you want some dope sounds for visuals than I recommend downloading:

Hallucinogen

His style is very different and it's great for the topic at hand...

Yo Blastrid...do you have any music pieces that you'd be willing to share? I'm a musician too and I'd like to trade or something...!

Peace

--------------------

Peace!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate