Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRhCpFunk55
yea

Loc: New York
Seasons and Conditions
    #5608700 - 05/09/06 01:00 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, I know its May and thats not the season for a lot of pyschoactive mushrooms. It's going to rain for the next 5 days and Hopefully will be sunny soon after. I heard that means more mushrooms will be around. I live in NY (Long Island) and i was wondering even though its not the season for many psilocybe mushies to be growing what are the chances I'll still find one?

P.S. Im going hunting in a forest type place. There's streams lots of trees and high grass, bushes, etc.

I know a lot of the experienced hunters get pissed off when we ask these types of "noob" questions. but give me a break

--------------------
All ya Slingas and Fiends hide behind ya' Rocks
Put Down ya guns Im Not here to Box

-Funk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State
Re: Seasons and Conditions [Re: RhCpFunk55]
    #5608709 - 05/09/06 01:04 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

its all about region. i dunno about new york, but here in texas may is when the cube season starts to kick into gear. maybe you should get a field guide and just start lookin. chances are really slim in your area though.

--------------------

OfflineRhCpFunk55
yea

Loc: New York
Re: Seasons and Conditions [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #5609829 - 05/09/06 06:49 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yea i already have a field guide. I was going to get mushrooms demystified but barnes and noble didnt have it. so i went with the national audobon north american mushroom field guide one. I hope im lucky enough to find any good ones. but hey, ill just be happy finding any kind of mushie and id'in it. its fun

--------------------
All ya Slingas and Fiends hide behind ya' Rocks
Put Down ya guns Im Not here to Box

-Funk

OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

Re: Seasons and Conditions [Re: RhCpFunk55]
    #5610596 - 05/09/06 09:43 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RhCpFunk55 said:
Ok, I know its May and thats not the season for a lot of pyschoactive mushrooms.

actually May is when mushroom season STARTS. they should start popping up around late may / early June. might be a little too early at this point, check the humidity for your area on www.weather.com , if its 75-90% you should have mushroom growth. not sure about the weather in new york however. but yes go find that fungus, cant you hear it calling you?

just telling you this because you are new , but never eat any mushroom that has not been 100% identified. thx have a great night

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Edited by Nuggetpouch (05/09/06 09:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies