Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
what is going on lately
    #5606513 - 05/08/06 08:35 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

for the past month or so, i havent felt right. it seems like im not happy about anything anymore. everything is starting to get on my nerves, even if its little things. drugs are the only things that make me feel nice... but i dont want to be dependant... i wanna be happy without being fucked up. can someone point me in the right direction

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: what is going on lately [Re: danlennon3]
    #5606590 - 05/08/06 08:57 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Eat right. Sleep right. Don't stagnate in your day to day life. Evolve by keeping yourself motivated.

Exercise. Meditate. Do fun and adventurous things.

Realize.. you need all that stuff really (except the meditation, which is optional). The exercise is necessary to keep your body functioning properly. An active lifestyle is the only way to go. I don't mean you need to hit up the town every night. Just keep yourself doing things that you're motivated for. Don't do just 1 thing, such as posting on this forum all day. You could go for a walk or hang out with friends. Whatever makes you passionate.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5606732 - 05/08/06 09:39 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I understand.  I am going to school for something that I don't give a fuck about.  I notice that I get annoyed about the little things that pop up in daily life (sitting in traffic, waiting in line, etc...).

Drinking copious amounts of booze helps.  :shrug:  If you're going to go off the deep end you might as well go for it 100%.

That probably wasn't the kind of advice you wanted to hear though.

OfflineEarthAngel
Tripper

Loc: New Zealand
Re: what is going on lately [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5606967 - 05/08/06 10:53 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Try some St Johns or 5HTP- always makes life that lil bit more managable :wink:

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: what is going on lately [Re: EarthAngel]
    #5607407 - 05/09/06 02:31 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

good advice. my diet and sleep needs definite changing. sleeping can be quite difficult with insomnia.ive also been working a lot so i havent had much free time.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #5609046 - 05/09/06 02:39 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

It sounds like you are finding yourself in an addictive cycle. Are you using any of those drugs you mentioned regularly? If not, look elsewhere because addictions can form in all varieties of experiences we have, not just drug habits.

Quote:

drugs are the only things that make me feel nice... but i dont want to be dependant... i wanna be happy without being fucked up.

This statement directly supports the above possibility. The reason you don't feel right is actually right there in your own words: "but i dont want to be dependant..."

Think of addiction as an inner conflict of interest... disagreements lead to excess stress, and inner disagreements with yourself are no different. When you choose a course of action that contradicts a heartfelt decision made in the past, this perceived self-betrayal can lead to pain and a lack of self-trust, which in turn can lower one's self-esteem.

You didn't really say anything about your spiritual background, but there's a book I read that really helped me understand my addictive patterns better, called:

Addiction & Grace by Gerald G. May

The author is Christian, but is also very straightforward. It gets a little out there and/or "deep" towards the latter half, but if taken with a grain of salt and/or metaphorically, even the latter half is full of useful information.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies