Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Weird Insecurity Bursts
    #5608519 - 05/09/06 02:19 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I seem to be posting in this forum alot recently, but i find your advice helps alot so here i am again  :smile:.

Problem is that i keep getting overcome with insecurity.

Most of the time im fine, im happy and enjoying myself.
Then for some reason i start feeling all insecure, im not sure if something triggers it but it comes on really fast.

Its like it creeps up on me, starting out as small feelings then over the space of a day or two it turns into some full blown depression.

I get almost delusional thinking everybody is going to leave me and that im just going to fade out and be alone.
I feel helpless when it comes to helping anything because of the mood i get into, which makes everything seem so much worse.

So basically i get really down, then i think that me being down is going to make my fears happen.

Weird thing is that it can disappear very quickly. I was bad today then i talked to a friend in the terrible mood i was in.
I felt like i was digging for some sort of a reassuring.
Made me feel like i was seeking attention, which i guess i was but that was the only thing that made me feel any better.

Now i feel ok all those thoughts/delusions of people leaving me don't even exist !

WTF's going on, why do i keep slipping into that way of thinking.
I don't like it, and its definately not logical !

Do you think i might need to go to the docs, see what they think ?

Thanks for any advice !!!!!!

Edited by Mike_yy (05/09/06 02:42 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBioBunny
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Re: Weird Insecurity Bursts [Re: Mike_yy]
    #5608590 - 05/09/06 02:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe being happy and enjoying yourself isn't as much of a fullfillment as one would expect it to be. Put your thoughts of being alone in perspective with not existing and understand that you do exist and so even if you do end up alone perhaps there is another reason for your existence. Try taking action to make the world a better place and you'll find your feelings will change with your actions. It's worth a try at least! :hug:

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Weird Insecurity Bursts [Re: BioBunny]
    #5608719 - 05/09/06 03:07 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

All it takes is that little bit of reassurance. Whether that is talking to a friend or exercising or meditating - it is important to experience.

This is why I advocate morning exercise. There is no better way to start the day off right than getting in touch with yourself mentally and physically.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #5608791 - 05/09/06 03:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Negativity feeds on itself. Whenever you feel insecure, don't fight it. Embrace it. Feel insecure. Feel really insecure. Become a personification of insecurity itself. Be totally insecure. Do this, and the insecurity will very quickly vanish; it's strange but it's what happens. But you must truly embrace it. Accept it as the current state of your mindbody and proceed. If you fight it and try to not be insecure during periods of insecurity, you will become more insecure, as you've doubtlessly already discovered.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Weird Insecurity Bursts [Re: dblaney]
    #5608917 - 05/09/06 04:06 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Is it ok to seek reassurance ?.
I feel like im seeking attention, im not sure if thats ok or not.

I definately need to get out and do more, occupy myself more with different things, so i spend less time thinking about stuff !
Like biobunny said try and make the world a better place, i think thats a good attitude to have even if your not really making a difference.

deblaney, thats a different approach ! The last part of your post was spot on. Ill try the first part next time im feeling like that.

Thank you again !

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5608958 - 05/09/06 04:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

just to get a few major things out of the way:

do you have a regular sleeping schedule? what kind of diet do you have, do you drink lots of soda / juice / sweet tea?

Also, do you find yourself bored a lot?

Your mental state could certainly be a reflection of the way you are taking care of yourself physically. If boredom is your problem the best cure is to start doing something you do not do. If you don't read, get a book. If you don't draw go get a sketchbook and draw.

Developing a new skill, or showing yourself that you can constantly make yourself better should always help.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Weird Insecurity Bursts [Re: kotik]
    #5609090 - 05/09/06 04:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

My sleep is very messed up, i smoke alot of dope to get to sleep.

Im still in a habit from when i used to work nights, that was over a year ago but i still rarely get to sleep before 5 in the morning.

If i don't smoke weed my pattern goes completly out of control. Ill sleep for 8 hours then im awake for 18 hours, so it goes in circles. Sometimes im up in the morning, then 2 weeks later im getting up at night.

Pretty messed up !

My diets ok. Its better in summer because i grow alot of my own veg, though i haven't put half as much effort into it this year.

I drink alot of tea, probably about 7 - 10 cups a day.

As for things that i do, well not alot really.
I play guitar, something ive been doing for 2 years now. Apart from that i have afew gardens that i do for people, grass cutting and tidying up. That takes up afew days a week but ive been doing that for ages aswell.

Im fairly bored generally, but i don't see myself as someone who gets bored easily.
Sounds strange but its true.
Its like im used to how boring things are, so i keep myself busy within it.

I think things might have to change abit :smile:

Oh yeah, i usually see my friends on a weekend.
I haven't seen them for abit tho. We usually play poker on a friday and have a drink but i think they have been busy with familys and that for the last 3 weeks.
Ill try and get in touch again this weekend.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5609898 - 05/09/06 09:05 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

well it def. sounds like you get more than your fair share of caffeine (im assuming the tea is not decaf)

chances are that has a small part to play in your sleep schedule. The best advice I could offer is to focus the best you can on getting a normal sleep schedule to the point where you wake up and goto sleep around the same times, and don't need an alarm to wake up.

It may not "fix"your insecurity, but Im sure you will feel much better, which is a step forward.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being