Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechris999
is the shit
Male User Gallery

Loc: TEJAS
My tek for making a syringe. Good or Bad????
    #5606533 - 05/08/06 08:41 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys i finally got a syringe today after searching everywhere ( got one at staples out of a printer refill kit LOL). well since i dont have a flowhood or a glove box i am going to have to work out in open air in my kitchen here is my plan tell  me if this is  a pretty good plahn or you think i will get some contam.

ok
:syringe: :syringe: :syringe:first: i am going to wipe down my counters with lysol spray and alcohol and spray the air generously with lysol then sterilize my syringe by wrapping it in foil and boiling for about 25-30 min. then im going to take it out and suck up some boiling water and expunge it out into the sink ( as mentioned in a tek ) a few times then i will put the cap back on and let it sit on a clean peper towel untill ready to use.
Second : i plan on taking a half pint jar and boiling some distilled water and cleaning the inside of the jar with 91% isopropyl alcohol. then i will pour the water into the jar  and cover the jar with foil wiped down in alcohol. then i will get my razor and wipe it down in alcohol a few times in order to sterilize it and then i will scrape the spores into the jar water and cover immediatly back with the foil.
Third i will flame sterilize my needle and then wipe down with a alcohol soaked cotton ball. then i will poke a hole in the foil with the syringe and suck up the spore solution and expunge it so swirl the spores around and then suck up mixed spore solution into the syringe... Then cap they syringe and store in the fridge untill ready for inoculation purposes. :syringe: :syringe: :syringe:

--------------------
Wow wtf is this shit www.fat-pie.com (dont let the name fool you its not what your probably thinking)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroomballa
ShroomBalla
 User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: My tek for making a syringe. Good or Bad???? [Re: chris999]
    #5606572 - 05/08/06 08:53 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I would change the order a bit. Suck up the boiling water sever times and squirt it out, then suck up 1/5 the syringe full with water and pull the plundger all the way back to fill it with air, cap it, wrap in foil and boil. Then let it sit in the foil until you're ready to use it. I wouldnt use the foil lid, as it'd be easier to rip when you're stirring and sucking up your liquid. use a normal lid with either:
a hole slightly larger then your needle (to allow for air exchange when sucking liquid out)
a polyfill lid
two holes covered with silicon. stick a syginge packed with polyfill (airport?) in one, and suck through the other.
the first method being the easiest

--------------------
Anything I say is fictional. Duh.

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

#5606579 - 05/08/06 08:55 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

um...why are you going to boil the syringe, then suck in boiling water? just do 1 or the other.

and it's much easier if you just wipe out a shotglass with alcohol, wipe down the razor with alcohol, scrape the spores into the shotglass. shoot the sterile water in, suck up the spore water. fin.

experimentation is always good, but maybe you should actually grow before you start trying to make a "tek"

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

Offlinechris999
is the shit
Male User Gallery

Re: My tek for making a syringe. Good or Bad???? [Re: shroomballa]
    #5606594 - 05/08/06 08:58 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

ok so after i suck up the little bit of water then pull all the way back with air and then boil will that water int he syringe steam out and sterilize the inside??

--------------------
Wow wtf is this shit www.fat-pie.com (dont let the name fool you its not what your probably thinking)

Offlineshroomballa
ShroomBalla
 User Gallery

Re: My tek for making a syringe. Good or Bad???? [Re: Optx]
    #5606597 - 05/08/06 08:59 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

yeah like Optx said, have a syring full of sterile water, inject, then suck back up. just make sure it isnt hot though

--------------------

Offlinechris999
is the shit
Male User Gallery

#5606598 - 05/08/06 09:00 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

give me a sec to revise. i think i got it

--------------------

Offlineshroomballa
ShroomBalla
 User Gallery

#5606605 - 05/08/06 09:01 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

chris999 said:
ok so after i suck up the little bit of water then pull all the way back with air and then boil will that water int he syringe steam out and sterilize the inside??

yes
personally, I just suck up boiling water 5 or so times and shoot it out. Then you could suck up 1 last syringe full, and let it sit to cool. This will be the sterile water you can shoot into the jar, scrape in spores, then suck back up

--------------------

Invisiblei8an8th
Mrs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: My tek for making a syringe. Good or Bad???? [Re: shroomballa]
    #5606617 - 05/08/06 09:05 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Just make an LC and buy some sterile syringes...

--------------------
:sporedrop:

Offlinechris999
is the shit
Male User Gallery

#5606619 - 05/08/06 09:06 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Ok guys i used some of your advice and this is what i plan on doing if you find any flaws please tell me!!!

Step 1: Sterilize kitchen counters/ Work space with lysol/alcohol
Step 2: Bring Distilled water to a boil.
Step 3: Uncap Syringe, draw some boiling water into syringe and expunge into sink and reapeat a couple time then keep water in the syringe on the last draw.
Step 4: Get Shotglass and sterilize with alcohol.
Step 5: Sterilize blade/loop.
Step 6: Scrape Spores into the shotglass
Step 7: Expunge water into the shotglass containing spores.
Step 8: Draw water back into the syringe untill all solution is gone or syrines are filled.
Step 9: Cap Syringes and store in fridge in a ziplock baggy.
Step 10: Vuala!!! Done

--------------------

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

#5606683 - 05/08/06 09:22 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

exactly, but i don't even bother spraying the kitchen down. just wipe the shotglass and razor with alcohol; but that's just me

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

Offlinechris999
is the shit
Male User Gallery

Re: My tek for making a syringe. Good or Bad???? [Re: Optx]
    #5606700 - 05/08/06 09:28 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

sweet ill do it in the morn... ill tell u guys how it went maybe ill take some pics too. later

--------------------

OfflineEWalter69
Stranger

#5627646 - 05/14/06 08:23 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

how'd it go?

Invisiblemonstermitch
Growing in Bags Doesn't Work

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona Bay Flag
Re: My tek for making a syringe. Good or Bad???? [Re: EWalter69]
    #5627685 - 05/14/06 08:56 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

lysol does not sterilize air.

use oust for air sanitation. lysol doesn't work very well with that.

a tek is not a question.
a tek is a detailed description of how to do a procedure outlined for others to learn from.

--------------------

Offlinechris999
is the shit
Male User Gallery

Re: My tek for making a syringe. Good or Bad???? [Re: monstermitch]
    #5629094 - 05/14/06 04:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

hey my jars are going along great this is my first grow and so far no contam!!!! i have 4 jars going ill get some pics in a min!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract