Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Atropa Belladonna [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #5624074 - 05/13/06 10:20 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
i just finished watching "high hitler" on the history channel. apparently every morning he took an anti-flatulant for his gas that consisted of strichnine and 50mg of nightshade. eventually it ended up becoming toxic and worsening his already failing health. so even in small doses nightshade cant be good for you. i dont even see how it would get rid of gas

It has a very pronounced effect on your gastric system. You get these really deep burps from it. I can't really explain it. Anyways as far as the dumb-as-a-box of rocks thing goes. I just meant that with most things considered "psychedelic" it does something to highten your mental perception. In this case your brain is just blank. Don't misunderstand me though, I'm not saying that it has no value to those wanting to experience the other, for those wanting to go beyond what we normally would call reality. I'm just saying when it came down to it, I just decided that I would rather experiment with something a little safer is all. I'm not saying that I would never do it again. If I did though it would probably be more along the lines of accenting something else. The visualization abilities that it gives you are absolutely 100% fucking incredible. I can see how that could go a long way. You just have to look at potential risk factors here. The point of me posting on this thread was to counterbalance all the "fuck that shit" responses. I just don't want to have anything to do with some one killing themselves or ending up in the hospital with mutilated genetalia because something I said on some stupid fucking message board made them feel too comfortable and curious about a potentialy, very very dangerous psychactive poison. That's all.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: Atropa Belladonna [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #5624110 - 05/13/06 10:29 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
that consisted of strichnine and 50mg of nightshade.

Hmmm. And what pharmacologist would concoct such a medication, what doctor would prescribe it?

Haven't humans been away of the toxic features of strychnine for quite some time? Surely they've been aware of the properties of Strychnos nux-vomica for a while.

And Germans aren't idiots when it comes to chemistry.

--------------------

Offlinepod3
Stranger
 User Gallery
- [Re: Herbus]
    #5624193 - 05/13/06 10:56 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

-

Edited by pod3 (10/26/06 09:59 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Atropa Belladonna [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #5624233 - 05/13/06 11:07 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The pharmacologically, immaculately clean experimenter could PATIENTLY learn how to evaluate the potency of plants through skin absorbtion - next to a sink of cold water and harsh soap.

I wouldn't recommend that, no.
Skin absorption should only be undertaken by people who know the potency of their herb (which they ofcourse homogenize) and the responses it invokes in them.

--cold water closes the pores, trapping the tropanes within, to be absorbed later.
--harsh soap etches the skin a bit and makes it more permeable to alkaloids, while you are turning the alkaloids into freebase and palmitates which are preferred forms for efficient absorption.

If you want to denature tropanes on your skin you can either wash the skin with vinegar or lemonjuice. This removes them better than water would. In case of emergency use 3% hydrogen peroxide or a tablespoon of liquid chlorine bleach in a glass of water.

Quote:

It has a very pronounced effect on your gastric system. You get these really deep burps from it.

Its parasympatholytic effects cause relaxation of the bowels and sphincters. This causes burps and farts to pass less audibly.
A tight anal sphincter is typical in highly stressed-out people, which you would be if you got daily meth and were Adolf Hitler :wink:

Quote:

Anyways as far as the dumb-as-a-box of rocks thing goes. I just meant that with most things considered "psychedelic" it does something to highten your mental perception. In this case your brain is just blank.

A very apt description. Tropane Herbs make you thick as a brick because they inhibit Acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is a brainfood and arguably a "smart drug" (enhancing cognition), so if you take that away (simply put) you're shedding cognitive abilities such as memory. With extreme doses you get a near complete amnesia. With abuse your cholinergic system gets damaged and (basically put) you become dumbed down and psychologically distorted for life.

Quote:

The visualization abilities that it gives you are absolutely 100% fucking incredible.

Ah, someone's been touched by Atropia. As have I.

Quote:

The point of me posting on this thread was to counterbalance all the "fuck that shit" responses. I just don't want to have anything to do with some one killing themselves or ending up in the hospital with mutilated genetalia because something I said on some stupid fucking message board made them feel too comfortable and curious about a potentialy, very very dangerous psychactive poison.

Word!
Its certainly not shit but it is SO DANGEROUS that many knowledgable people on this site *refuse* to give information thats readily abused as dosage/usage advice. That ought to tell you something people!

As for shedding seed, I'm looking into the ethics of sharing Belladonna seeds froim this year's plants. I dont know if it is ethical. If a kid gets in your garden, the plant sees to it that he'll stuff himself with toxic berries. They are just too tasty-looking. Even though I'm highly scientific my encounters with the plant have me wondering a wee wee bit in the back of my mind whether the plant will see to it that a kid *will* get into your garden.

If any plant has supernatural powers its the Witching Herbs, but these powers are VERY sinister. It lures people to it; it's a Venus Flytrap and you are the fly.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Atropa Belladonna [Re: Herbus]
    #5624237 - 05/13/06 11:10 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

[strychnine+belladonna] Hmmm. And what pharmacologist would concoct such a medication, what doctor would prescribe it?

Oh thats not at all peculiar. In the right dose they are useful medications. If I had strychnine I'd definitely end up ingesting it in exact doses under controlled circumstances. This already is the case with me & the Witching Herbs.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: Atropa Belladonna [Re: Asante]
    #5624512 - 05/13/06 12:35 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

What medical benfit does strychnine provide?

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Atropa Belladonna [Re: whatever123]
    #5625685 - 05/13/06 07:03 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I would be using strychnine recreationally :evil:

When you take little enough strychnine you get closer to the convulsive treshold without crossing it. What results is a curious kind of stimulant effect which makes you react faster and intenser to physical and mental stimuli. Its not like the usual stimulants and in safe doses its reasonably subtle. But i can find use for it :grin:

People fixate too much on the "poison" label. Right now Arsenic (trioxide) is used as a medication against particular forms of cancer, as is made use of Botulism toxins and colchicine

Alles ist Gift, nichts ist ohne Gift. Nur die Dose macht ob es giftig wirkt.
Everything is poison, and nothing is without poison. Only the dose determines if it works as a poison.

-- Paracelsus

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinepod3
Stranger
 User Gallery
- [Re: Asante]
    #5653204 - 05/20/06 12:31 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

-

Edited by pod3 (10/26/06 09:58 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order