Home | Community | Message Board


North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 09/13/05
Posts: 13,833
Loc: LA Suburbs
Last seen: 1 year, 6 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: TheZodiac]
    #5600727 - 05/07/06 01:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

By "fortified compound" I mean a Waco cult sort of thing.

*edit*
and by the way, this organization is hilariously fucked up.

Their website is godhatesfags.com. Their pastor is a former lawyer who had his license revoked for unethical behavior. It is alleged that in addition to anti-homosexual slander they also spout thinly veiled comments of anti-semitic and racist natures.

These are the most pathetic people I have ever seen. When I compare them in my mind to, say, an AIDS-stricken orphan in Africa... they're still more pathetic because of how utterly braindead they are :lol:


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing


Edited by Konnrade (05/07/06 01:41 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Registered: 07/17/05
Posts: 2,323
Last seen: 13 years, 3 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #5600900 - 05/07/06 02:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

IGnosticAbhorI said:She sounds like she's been fucking possessed by the devil. She even looks evil.





I'm right there with you... Those people are possessed by something.


--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinequillini
one meanmotorscooter
Male

Registered: 04/18/06
Posts: 255
Last seen: 1 year, 10 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5600924 - 05/07/06 02:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Oh please, you all are fooling yourselves if you think this lady is all that "extreme". She's only a couple notches crazier than most Christians; where I live they are all like that.

It's really sad that Christians think its OK to bash everyone who doesn't share their goofy-ass faith, but when Christians start bashing other Christians, especially in opposition to our Noble Crusade in Iraq, all of a sudden its a big ole deal.

BTW, all her arguments are biblically justified. So if a Christian is offended by these people, maybe they should reconsider putting all their faith in a 3,000 year old book.


--------------------
No; truth, being alive, was not halfway between anything. It was only to be found by continuous excursions into either realm, and though proportion is the final secret, to espouse it at the outset is to insure sterility.

Only connect...


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Registered: 07/10/03
Posts: 1,479
Loc: Washington
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: enderwood]
    #5600926 - 05/07/06 02:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Im about ready to pack my bags and murder a few of em and say they are being punished by god :ooo:. I wonder what they will say...

Now im not a very religious person but I sure know right from wrong and these fucks are in the wrong. Just watching that video has made me lose hope in humanity. Im suprised their church hasnt been torched yet.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 09/13/05
Posts: 13,833
Loc: LA Suburbs
Last seen: 1 year, 6 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: quillini]
    #5600941 - 05/07/06 02:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

quillini said:
Oh please, you all are fooling yourselves if you think this lady is all that "extreme". She's only a couple notches crazier than most Christians; where I live they are all like that.

It's really sad that Christians think its OK to bash everyone who doesn't share their goofy-ass faith, but when Christians start bashing other Christians, especially in opposition to our Noble Crusade in Iraq, all of a sudden its a big ole deal.

BTW, all her arguments are biblically justified. So if a Christian is offended by these people, maybe they should reconsider putting all their faith in a 3,000 year old book.




Let's not go down the path of ignorant and uninformed prejudices, shall we? To entertain such unfair and hyper-judgemental thoughts is to look extremely foolish.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinequillini
one meanmotorscooter
Male

Registered: 04/18/06
Posts: 255
Last seen: 1 year, 10 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: Konnrade]
    #5600952 - 05/07/06 03:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not ignorant or uninformed. My views come from firsthand experience. That's not being prejudiced, because I'm not pre-judging. I'm muthafuckin' judging.

Christians know a thing or two about unfair and hyper-judgemental thoughts. They tend to dominate in that field.

If these sons of bitches protested the same way at some random gay guy's funeral (which is far from unheard of), would FOX be outraged? I think not. Like I said, Christians are hateful all the damn time and they can't handle seeing themselves in a mirror like this.


--------------------
No; truth, being alive, was not halfway between anything. It was only to be found by continuous excursions into either realm, and though proportion is the final secret, to espouse it at the outset is to insure sterility.

Only connect...


Edited by quillini (05/07/06 03:06 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 09/13/05
Posts: 13,833
Loc: LA Suburbs
Last seen: 1 year, 6 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: quillini]
    #5600967 - 05/07/06 03:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

quillini said:
I'm not ignorant or uninformed. My views come from firsthand experience. That's not being prejudiced, because I'm not pre-judging. I'm muthafuckin' judging.

Christians know a thing or two about unfair and hyper-judgemental thoughts. They tend to dominate in that field.




Rather, the ones you are thinking of are of that nature. By saying that "they're all that way" you're horribly over-generalizing.

According to you, I'm that way too. That's odd, because neither myself nor anyone I know (no matter what their stance on christianity) has ever observed such behavior.

I suppose all jews are greedy? All muslims are warlike? All atheists are angsty? "I'm not prejudiced, they just suck and they're all exactly the same".

No. Just no.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleChairman Meow
Concern Pork
 User Gallery

Registered: 04/06/04
Posts: 39,658
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: quillini]
    #5601026 - 05/07/06 03:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

*before i begin, i know this post will probably make me unpopular.
i agree with you for the most part, i'm not a big christianity fan myself. and i grew up southern baptist and the rest of my family are devout christian.
but i don't like uneducated organized religion. or evil intelligent people! like the GOP! but almost everyday in life (especially in school - which surprises the hell out of me) i have christians telling me how messed up my life is. i don't ask them for their opinion, they kindly preach it to me. like one semester in research class, i had a whole classroom arguing with me because i said i believed in nothing. and one guy wrote his research paper on why people should read the bible. now this is just from my personal experience, and i know not all christian people are bad people, but most of the people who believe in it suffocate other beliefs with their own.

i'm so glad my mom converted to judaism.


--------------------



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinequillini
one meanmotorscooter
Male

Registered: 04/18/06
Posts: 255
Last seen: 1 year, 10 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: Konnrade]
    #5601036 - 05/07/06 03:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

There's a difference between saying "they're all that way" and "they tend to be that way", and I'm saying the latter. Am I stereotyping? Yes. But stereotypes only have weight because they're based on reality to some extent. And my reality, what my observations tell me, is that christians tend to be hateful towards all things different from themselves.

I don't know if you are "that way" or not, but if you are a fundamentalist christian who takes the bible literally, you most likely are. It's impossible to believe in the infallibility of a certain system of beliefs without at the same time passing judgement on the beliefs of others. One is a natural corollary of the other.

Such religions condemn all other religions because they all believe in their infallible truth, which contradicts the possibility that other religions might be just as valid to other people. So it reverts to "my god can beat up your god" bullshit, which breeds more hatred and senseless conflict than anything else in this world. The only difference is, some christians embrace this hatred and other christians deny it and call it love. At least this lady embraces her hatred and is honest about it.

I only say "christian" because that is the religion/culture I am most familiar with, and therefore the most embittered toward. The same applies to greedy jews and warmongering muslims.


--------------------
No; truth, being alive, was not halfway between anything. It was only to be found by continuous excursions into either realm, and though proportion is the final secret, to espouse it at the outset is to insure sterility.

Only connect...


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBirds_Can_Swim
Fish Can Fly

Registered: 03/29/06
Posts: 1,269
Loc: Right in front of you, du...
Last seen: 14 years, 4 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: enderwood]
    #5601048 - 05/07/06 03:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Damn

Fred Phelps

Never was there an uglier man (I don't like his thinking either)


--------------------
There is no valid reason why you should be reading this


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 09/13/05
Posts: 13,833
Loc: LA Suburbs
Last seen: 1 year, 6 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: quillini]
    #5601069 - 05/07/06 03:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's important to be aware of the distinction between a fundamentalist and a more level-headed member of a religion. Try to avoid using the title of the entire religion when you intend to refer to fundamentalists.

I would agree that fundamentalist christians are prone to unfortunate behavior, but thankfully they do not represent the actuality of rational christian beleifs. Their beleifs are defined by radical, often confrontational interpretations of biblical content. Such is inherent in the definition of "fundamentalist"

Many people do stupid things in the name of various religions. It may dismay many people, however, to know that many of those people don't even fit into the criteria to be considered an actual practicioner of the religion they are associated with. For example, the Westboro Baptist Church, despite what the damn fools claim, is not a christian organization. Christians want nothing to do with those bigots. Their "church" claims to be christian because it lends them some credibility and leverage that they use to further their horrible motives. They likely aren't even aware they are doing that, it's more a subconscious process.

Trust me, there are plenty of very respectable and likable christians in this world. I've had the pleasure of knowing many of them. And I don't have this opinion of them merely because of my interactions with them as a fellow christian. I knew them before I was a christian. They were good people and put forth an honest effort to be fair and respectful to people of other faiths.

The problem is that it's so damn common for dumb people to make horribly wrong interpretations of christian beleifs, and then go off doing really awful things. People see that and then think that it is representative of the actual beleifs of christians, and then tend to make all sorts of unfortunate and unfair assumptions.

Really, we're not bad people. There are bad apples, but those kind of people are just inherent to mankind itself.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheZodiac
A moment ofclarity
Male

Registered: 11/28/05
Posts: 14
Loc: Montreal
Last seen: 13 years, 9 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: Konnrade]
    #5601092 - 05/07/06 03:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Konnrade said:
It's important to be aware of the distinction between a fundamentalist and a more level-headed member of a religion. Try to avoid using the title of the entire religion when you intend to refer to fundamentalists.

I would agree that fundamentalist christians are prone to unfortunate behavior, but thankfully they do not represent the actuality of rational christian beleifs. Their beleifs are defined by radical, often confrontational interpretations of biblical content. Such is inherent in the definition of "fundamentalist"

Many people do stupid things in the name of various religions. It may dismay many people, however, to know that many of those people don't even fit into the criteria to be considered an actual practicioner of the religion they are associated with. For example, the Westboro Baptist Church, despite what the damn fools claim, is not a christian organization. Christians want nothing to do with those bigots. Their "church" claims to be christian because it lends them some credibility and leverage that they use to further their horrible motives. They likely aren't even aware they are doing that, it's more a subconscious process.

Trust me, there are plenty of very respectable and likable christians in this world. I've had the pleasure of knowing many of them. And I don't have this opinion of them merely because of my interactions with them as a fellow christian. I knew them before I was a christian. They were good people and put forth an honest effort to be fair and respectful to people of other faiths.

The problem is that it's so damn common for dumb people to make horribly wrong interpretations of christian beleifs, and then go off doing really awful things. People see that and then think that it is representative of the actual beleifs of christians, and then tend to make all sorts of unfortunate and unfair assumptions.

Really, we're not bad people. There are bad apples, but those kind of people are just inherent to mankind itself.




Very well said.

But i have to say these people are particularly more insane than bad apples.

I mean, to believe everything bad and out of the norm to be the "wrath of god"
Thats utterly stupid. Really gives a new meaning for "shit for brains"


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Registered: 10/20/05
Posts: 11,293
Loc: Ythan's house
Last seen: 13 years, 8 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: Chairman Meow]
    #5601167 - 05/07/06 04:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

someone should really just burn their church down (which is probably a group of folding chairs in a back yard)




hey, don't be spyin' on da church! :crankey:


--------------------
:orly:



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinequillini
one meanmotorscooter
Male

Registered: 04/18/06
Posts: 255
Last seen: 1 year, 10 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: Konnrade]
    #5601220 - 05/07/06 04:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

After 9/11, Jerry Falwell blamed the attacks on America's immorality, which he defined as feminist, homosexual, etc. Where was the outrage from the "level-headed" christians then? How exactly was Falwell's claim all that different from that of the Westboro lady?

You might say Falwell is just a bad apple. But if that is the case, why do so many christians listen to him? Or Pat Robertson? 700 Club gets crazy insane ratings, so I can only assume that Robertson's views reflect those of "mainstream" christianity. Why is it that I never, ever see christian leaders stand up and say "hey Falwell, shut the fuck up! You're giving us a bad name!"

When christians want to force their beliefs down our throats by posting the goddamn ten commandments in classrooms and courthouses, and by legislating against boys kissing, and by teaching that illogical intelligent design crap, why aren't more "level-headed" christians outraged that their faith is being used as a tool of bigotry?

In a word, their silence tells me all I need to know.

Oh, but when some nutty christians show up at a funeral of one of their own, a soldier no less, and do the exact same shit, then we have some "bad apples". That's a double-standard, and double-standards are bullshit.


--------------------
No; truth, being alive, was not halfway between anything. It was only to be found by continuous excursions into either realm, and though proportion is the final secret, to espouse it at the outset is to insure sterility.

Only connect...


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineenderwood
the kerosenedream machine

Registered: 02/22/06
Posts: 86
Loc: Washington State
Last seen: 14 years, 1 month
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: quillini]
    #5601243 - 05/07/06 04:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This isn't about "right or wrong", or religeon, THIS IS ABOUT RESPECT, LOGIC, AND RATIONALITY. I dont care if you oppose the war, or don't particularly agree with gay people, you owe it to yourself as a decent human being to take things into account, and to respect others especialy at a time like this.

These people are just like the peligimists of utah or whereever they are with that crazy leader (it's like something out of tv or a movie, armed guards and shit, it's going to turn into jonestown i swear), they have been born into this, being told these beliefs all of their lives, sheltered moronic nazis.

They don't have a place in this world, just like the genocidal psychopaths in darfur.

I'm waiting for them to turn out to be some kind of extremist/terrist group, and do some terror attacks. I mean, I don't want people to get hurt, but it would be a good excuse for me to wupe some slave ass.  :evil: :evil: :evil:


--------------------
Blessed is he who can see the mist through the trees.


Edited by enderwood (05/07/06 04:35 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHamstercut
Stranger
 User Gallery
Registered: 03/07/06
Posts: 519
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: enderwood]
    #5601256 - 05/07/06 04:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

if i had witnessed this i would seriously rumble.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Registered: 03/20/04
Posts: 2,804
Last seen: 6 years, 5 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: enderwood]
    #5601562 - 05/07/06 06:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I would think protesting at a funeral like that would qualify as fighting words.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 09/13/05
Posts: 13,833
Loc: LA Suburbs
Last seen: 1 year, 6 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: quillini]
    #5602324 - 05/07/06 09:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

quillini said:
After 9/11, Jerry Falwell blamed the attacks on America's immorality, which he defined as feminist, homosexual, etc. Where was the outrage from the "level-headed" christians then? How exactly was Falwell's claim all that different from that of the Westboro lady?

You might say Falwell is just a bad apple. But if that is the case, why do so many christians listen to him? Or Pat Robertson? 700 Club gets crazy insane ratings, so I can only assume that Robertson's views reflect those of "mainstream" christianity. Why is it that I never, ever see christian leaders stand up and say "hey Falwell, shut the fuck up! You're giving us a bad name!"

When christians want to force their beliefs down our throats by posting the goddamn ten commandments in classrooms and courthouses, and by legislating against boys kissing, and by teaching that illogical intelligent design crap, why aren't more "level-headed" christians outraged that their faith is being used as a tool of bigotry?

In a word, their silence tells me all I need to know.

Oh, but when some nutty christians show up at a funeral of one of their own, a soldier no less, and do the exact same shit, then we have some "bad apples". That's a double-standard, and double-standards are bullshit.




I won't say that christians don't do stupid things, or hateful things, or other such bad things.

It's not like we're any better than the rest of humanity. Mankind fucks up in those sort of ways. Christians are human, we do all of the dumb things that mankind as a whole is guilty of doing.

This kind of rotten behavior is not restricted to christians though. People as a whole do it. We're no exception to the flaws of our species, but we're certainly not the only people who have the flaws, either.

However, please do not make the unfair assertion that christians are somehow worse than the rest of humanity because you can name christians and then give examples of bad behavior that they have done, which is also done by countless other people in countless other groups. That only serves to prove something that is allready obvious, that we're merely equals to the rest of mankind. I never claimed we were perfect, and giving evidence that we aren't perfect is hardly going to prove inferiority. If all you want to prove is that we're no better than the rest of mankind, then that's fair and truthful. If, however, you are seeking to make claims of inferiority, then that is not excusable. Hopefully your intentions are of the former, and not the latter. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the former.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Registered: 10/20/05
Posts: 11,293
Loc: Ythan's house
Last seen: 13 years, 8 months
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: enderwood]
    #5602368 - 05/07/06 09:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe they should be carrying signs that say "Death is not fair". Wear black make-up and jump up and down repeatedly and paddle each other with the signs. Now that would be funny.


--------------------
:orly:



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 12/18/05
Posts: 13,348
Loc: Mountains of Multnomah Flag
Last seen: 24 minutes, 47 seconds
Re: Protestors at funerals.... [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #5602435 - 05/07/06 10:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Holy shit I love that interviewer, he tore into her his first question, you can tell he despises her already!
I love the "You're obviously a nut." "We've had a lot of nutty people on this show..."

Damn I love these interviewers. I love the "You are an embarrassment to this country!"


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Community >> The Pub

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Awesome quotes from Fundamentalist Christian chat rooms
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
robbyberto 9,598 115 09/26/10 11:21 PM
by hidenseek
* Having a little fun with christianity
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
RedNucleus 4,124 85 03/25/06 11:36 AM
by Psychoslut
* Westboro Baptist to protest Amish funerals
( 1 2 all )
Dark_Star 5,883 35 10/05/06 12:21 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Christianity!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomismM
9,008 82 02/01/08 11:01 PM
by Atheist
* Juggalo couple have Insane Clown Posse themed funereal for dead baby
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
AlCapwn 33,069 165 02/15/10 05:38 PM
by shamandustin
* Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian
( 1 2 all )
Psilocybeingzz 2,678 24 10/15/06 10:28 PM
by unbeliever
* Kansas Baptist Church Intends to Picket Heath Ledger's Funeral Because He Played Gay Character *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Chemy 5,071 21 01/25/08 02:32 PM
by Robo
* What songs would NOT play at your funeral?
( 1 2 3 all )
AsanteA 2,174 40 01/12/07 03:22 PM
by daytripper05

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,599 topic views. 11 members, 43 guests and 39 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2020 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.