Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

fasting vs full stomach *DELETED*
    #558176 - 02/21/02 03:16 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by twistedweather

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
Re: fasting vs full stomach [Re: Anonymous]
    #558224 - 02/21/02 06:12 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

When I tripped for the first time, I had fasted for 10 hours prior to ingestion. 
I truly felt the presence of some higher power; I guess it was a religious experience.  That trip was definitely the most magical one I have ever had.  But as I mentioned, it was my first time, so that could have something to do with it too. :smile:

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Calimero]
    #558266 - 02/21/02 07:44 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Anonymous

#558268 - 02/21/02 07:47 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I find it much better to eat the sacred mushroom on an empty stomach, they seem to thank me for this. Also, they have expressed their extreme dislike of being in my stomach at the same time as a dead animal. They do not like that.
And when you eat mushrooms on a full stomach, it does seem to take much longer to get the effects.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: fasting vs full stomach [Re: ]
    #558523 - 02/21/02 12:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Also, they have expressed their extreme dislike of being in my stomach at the same time as a dead animal.

They much prefer a live animal in your stomach.

Sorry, shroomism. Could not help myself. Heh, heh!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: fasting vs full stomach [Re: Swami]
    #558539 - 02/21/02 12:43 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have always tried to eat my mushies on an empty stomach, and have always been rewarded. The few times that I ate within 2 to 3 hours of ingestion I noticed significantly reduced effects, and a slower come on time. Also, a full stomach is more likely to give you nausea.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

OfflineCynicalMagician
enthusiast
Re: fasting vs full stomach [Re: Swami]
    #558551 - 02/21/02 12:54 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Good thing I have my trusty tapeworm....

--------------------
----------------------

"Order some golf shoes," I whispered. "Otherwise, we'll never get out of this place alive. You notice these lizards don't have any trouble moving around in this muck - that's because they have ~claws~ on their feet."

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
Re: fasting vs full stomach [Re: ]
    #558560 - 02/21/02 01:00 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I got the mushrooms in a smartshop in The Netherlands; the baggie represented one dose. I think it was about 2 grams.

OfflineSantacloset
Stranger
Loc: Southeast
Re: fasting vs full stomach [Re: Calimero]
    #559509 - 02/22/02 09:37 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Depends upon the effect one desires. Sometimes I want the 1 hour to intense peak with the 4 hour coast back down (i.e. not eating within 3 hours or so of ingestion) but sometimes I like the slow onset... creeping up & setting in within 2 hours & sometimes lating 6 (ingestion within an hour of eating)

In a nutshell, if you are looking to squeegie your third eye-
empty stomach.

If you want to relax/meditate in the hot tub on a Sunday afternoon for several hours... have some Chinese first.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: fasting vs full stomach [Re: Santacloset]
    #559719 - 02/22/02 01:17 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I much prefer fasting. 10 hours seems too long for me, because add that to the 6 i'm tripping where i wouldn't want to eat anything, that's a long time. the biggest difference is the absense of a stomach ache if i fast. and i've also noticed improved onset and peak, but that coulda been those tasty shrooms...
_ry_

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#559821 - 02/22/02 02:42 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

As for me: Mushrooms on a full stomach completely ruin the Trip for me: It seems the experience gets not only diminished but also loses quality by being absorped over some time. Most of my Tripfriends feel the same way...

I almost always wait several hours before taking the Mushrooms. 3 hours works best for me: If I dose before that it'll diminish the Experience, if I dose later hunger gets in the way of the Visions when they're not highly intense.

Alot of Group-Trips I do end with a good meal starting between 4-5hours after ingesting, something wholesome like a vegetable salad on pieces of Turkish bread... Meat has little appeal to most of us then. Returning from the Voyage, exchanging experiences & insights... It's a truely Grounding thing I can reccommend to all of you: Your Psychedelic Tastebuds'll make it a feast!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

Re: fasting vs full stomach [Re: Asante]
    #560007 - 02/22/02 05:10 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

"Your Psychedelic Tastebuds'll make it a feast! "

mushrooms enhance taste for you?
As for me food is rather tasteless after tripping and I hardly enjoy my favourite food. Also I can't eat much without feeling full after a few bites already... The only way for me to eat a normal quantity of food after tripping is stretching it over a few hours. A bite now and then, not any more.

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: fasting vs full stomach [Re: PsyFlux]
    #560249 - 02/22/02 10:09 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Stick them in a blender with some orange juice !!!!!!!!!! Knock your dick in the dirt in 20 minutes !!!!!!!!!!!! Peak in 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours... bout 6 hour fun fest. Why wait to feel em for an hour.........why taxi...... when you can blast off?

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Anonymous

#560448 - 02/23/02 05:26 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

alright....my zebra (as told by his friend armadillo) after enaging in a chicken and vegetable dish followed by some excellent gingerbread cookies decided to ingest a quanity of KS strain mushies dried (one large 2.5inches, small cap, 1inch stem).

Having eating these on a full stomach at apprioxametly 7:30pm, he expected at 60 min onset till effects.

growing tired around 9pm, zebra sat back and watched Star Wars Episode one.....

10pm feeling a bit different, heightened senses, including an increased glow of colors
10:30 losing interest in the movie, turned offed the lights and decided to listen to Sasha-Global underground San FRan disc 1 (incredibe set, jus keeps building)

1100pm Whoa!!!!!! music is intense turns on lights....confronted with multi visuals and estatic "alive"" feeling... I light some candles for my zebra friend

WhooHOOOOOO.... at this point I tell zebra to chill, due to the fact i am trying to get some sleep for work in the early morn
nevermind that, he puts on some psytrance dances around the room for the next 1hr and half
growing tired and a bit tired of electronic music .... Meddle- Pink Folyd fills the silence
I applaud zebras choice.....and began to record his experience as he rambles on .......

anyway
to sum up ingestion on a full stomach..... The onset of the effects are definetly delayed ...in this case up to 3hrs (wow!!!)...something the zebra wasnt expecting at all....

intensity of trip proved to be fitting for the amount consumed

no nasuea either

overall a great trip....but next time zebra has decided to fast so timeframe will be more predictable...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: fasting vs full stomach [Re: PsyFlux]
    #560476 - 02/23/02 08:03 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Eh?

Almost everybody I know has enhanced taste in the aftermath of a good Experience, or at least "neutral". The only time I find food less tasty (than it is) is after an especially taxing experience, good or bad. But perhaps you're used to tripping alot harder, like double my dose or so... My usual range: 6-30mg Psilocybin equiv. or about 0.6-3gr Liberty Caps (~6-30 shroomies).

When the Mushroom is still quite strong, most I know find it IMPOSSIBLE to eat. To bite off a bit of, say, a banana is a nice thing. chewing it becomes exeedingly gross & alien and swallowing it is just about impossible, or at least less preferred than simply spitting it out. No: when the Shrooms are still strong, they're highly anorexic. The right time for a feast is when everybody's still a little into it & has regained a healthy appetite.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract