Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesinnssyk
Stranger
Oklahoma Hunting HELP! Inky Inky
    #5596072 - 05/05/06 10:27 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yo! What DOES it mean if I found shrooms that are giving off an ink. Yes an ink, I have never heard of this before and it seems strange. I don't know if that is the chemical from the shroom from it being an older shroom or if it is poison. When does it mean if the mere touch of a cap onto ones skin gives off a dark purple ink type fluid that does not come off too easily. Wiping on pants wouldn't work yet a little soap takes it right off no problem. I would be considered nOOB. Used to have a friend use this site and grow for awhile, did shrooms with him about three times and had some great -intense- trips. Pretty neat, pretty good.

It is spring, it rained the morning before yesterday and I live in a somewhat rural-type town of Tulsa, Oklahoma and I enjoyed the evening shroom hunting.

Just to further my shroom hunting tale of the evening I was hunting in cow pastures and most of the other shrooms that all appear to be atleast edible were taken for cow pie. They were all about 3 inch tall white shrooms with blueish caps. Around the same amount found were seemingly new shrooms, they were about 3 inches high and about 3 inches in diameter, the cap was down covering the stem, figured it hadn't opened, one of these found had purple surounding the end of the cap, the rest white.

Near the end of the hunt I had came across this shroom about 7-9 inches high and a little withered at the end of the cap. almost completly purple/blue. this was the one giving this ink off. what can you help me with?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesinnssyk
Stranger
Re: Oklahoma Hunting HELP! Inky Inky [Re: sinnssyk]
    #5596091 - 05/05/06 10:30 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

also, quick question, is it necessary to actually sift through the cow/horse pie to find more shrooms?

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #5596142 - 05/05/06 10:37 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Man I hope you didn't touch that ink. :runaway:

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
Re: Oklahoma Hunting HELP! Inky Inky [Re: shroomydan]
    #5596267 - 05/05/06 11:00 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Boo shroomy, picking on the Noob.  You must still be under the spell of blue-foot find.

sinnssyk, what you have found is commonly known as an inky cap.  Inky caps are in the genus Coprinus.  What happens is that as they mature, the gills turn to liquid due to an autodigestion process. This creates a black 'ink' that flies seem to enjoy landing on which likely spreads the spores.  The ink is not harmful - except for the first time you touch it when it causes an allergic reaction that makes your penis fall off (couldn't resist - JUST KIDDING!). 

Coprinus mushrooms are common on cow patties.  The other shrooms you describe are likely younger specimens of the same mushroom.  Coprinus species are not hallucinogenic.  A few are yummy edibles, some are mildly poisonous.

On cow patties you are looking for Psilocybe cubensis.  You don't have to actually dig around in the patty to find them.

So anyway, don't eat the Coprinus you found.  Look up all of the information on Psilocybe cubensis on this site and others, and by the end of the spring early summer you might get lucky in that pasture.

Oh, and normally you can completely trust shroomydan, except when he's had two weeks of final exams.  :cannon:

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #5597006 - 05/06/06 05:56 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry for the joke sinnssyk. The way you said HELP! Inky Inky tickled my funnybone. :rotfl:

I knew someone would come along with  some good information for you. Kodos xmush.  :thumbup:

Offlineoldhenry
Stranger

#5597388 - 05/06/06 10:18 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Bought some land, built a house here in Ok., finished in dec. The driveway (1/4) mile long. Pulling into the driveway i bout Shite myself. I hadnt seen one of those since i lived in baton rg. 1989. Old purple ring. Grabbed it come on up here to the house, told the wife, she said she's been looking at it for a few days now, and if she knew that's what it was shewould of told me. Now she's got me out this morning walking the property. We have no cattle, and none has been kept here in a few years. But from experience in the 80's it never was in patty's. Just clumps of green grass where the patty disentagrated. So, that one lone shroom's got me up here on the pooter
hopeing for tomm. thanks 4 havin' me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds