Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYefet2000
HolyLandShroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: IsraHell
Agar supplies
    #5594975 - 05/05/06 05:22 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Well i decided to try some agar and advanced LC, beyond honey/karo teks.
and I'm stumbling where to find the supplies like agar and malt extract, what kind of shops carry those things ?
Note that i don't live in the US or Europe so don't try to name stores or online service, coz its too expansive for me to purchase something online from abroad, especially such cheap ingredients..
Thanks for any help... :tongue2:

--------------------
Me fail english ? Thats unpossible...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Agar supplies [Re: Yefet2000]
    #5595161 - 05/05/06 06:15 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

malt extract is mainly used in beer making but also in some cooking/baking... you're most likely to find it if there's a microbrew/homebrew supply store in your area. might find it in a really well stocked health food store though. might have to just mail order it if niether type of place is local.

food grade agar can be found at health food stores, or well stocked grocery stores. look in the baking section, near jell-o and gelatin/pectin... agar is what vegetarians sometimes use in place of jell-o or animal based gelatin. lab grade agar will perform a little better for what you want to do, but its not crucial... but if you want the lab grade stuff, that will have to probably be mail ordered.

OfflineTeknos
keyboardcriminal
 User Gallery

Re: Agar supplies [Re: creamcorn]
    #5595173 - 05/05/06 06:19 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I got Agar from a natural food co-op. And luckily I found ONE brewing supply store in my town, and bought my Light Malt Extract from them. I agree, buying this stuff online and it costs more for shipping than the actual product.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale