Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

Loc: Maryland
Small shrooms, aborts, and mutants.
    #5589908 - 05/04/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

This was a my test run for using a double tub. This was my first run with this strain. I got the syringe from one of the vendors. Well heres my setup,

6quarts of cambodians from a first generation LC(inoculated with multi-spore) spawned to a 58quart double tub with straw. LC took a bit long to get started(5-7days), but everything went smooth after that.

Fruited without a casing layer. Fruiting took a very long time to get started, weeks +. It may have been a bit damp and humid inside, condensation was on the myc surface. I took some polyfil out of the holes after I realized it may be too damp. Humidity soon came to the right levels.

When fruits came everything was either an abort, mutant, or small shroom.

I harvested them today. I got about 20g wet of little shrooms. I lifted the brick up and checked under it, it is perfectly healthy looking.

What could this be? im not sure. right now im thinking its either, genetics, chemical(i used alot of bleech in the early stages), or bad growing conditions.

Either way this was my test run. I have another batch from the same LC. I just put it into fruiting. I used less water for pasturization of the straw, I made bigger holes and used less polyfil. I also used less bleach for the early sanitizing stages. Hopefully this will narrow the problem down. If its genetic what should I do? I just made an LC this morning with the same syringe...cept I used packet honey last time, and this time I used karo. Could all of the problems stemmed from the honey LC? colonization of the quart jars was great, 6 days...

sigh...any ideas?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskeletor
the dude
Loc: heaven on earth
Re: Small shrooms, aborts, and mutants. [Re: Drone]
    #5589929 - 05/04/06 12:45 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i doubt it from the honey.

you might want to give it a good FAE. that sounds like your problem either tkae the lid off and fan in good every few days maybe once a day.
or stick a fan by the polifilled side holes and run that for a while every so often.

are you holes RIGHT at the substrate lever so co2 can spill out?

--------------------
im sorry about your mother. She was a terrible attrative woman.

Get back to nature; hunting burgers and gathering fries.

OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

Re: Small shrooms, aborts, and mutants. [Re: skeletor]
    #5589962 - 05/04/06 12:56 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

actually on this tub i made a little less substrate that I should have, so the holes are about an inch and a half or so above the substrate level. And i have a small fan on the floor in the room running 24/7 on rotate. the second batch fruited is much closer to the holes, but still maybe too short.

--------------------

Offlineskeletor
the dude
Loc: heaven on earth
    #5590068 - 05/04/06 01:20 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

this could be your problem. small fruits are often related to co2 when you can take out the variable of having a shallow substrate depth. since you are tubing it i assume you have a good depth. i just suggest you make sure to fan it or somehow help that co2 that can't just roll out , out of the tub. i really think you'll be good to go if ya do.

--------------------
im sorry about your mother. She was a terrible attrative woman.

Get back to nature; hunting burgers and gathering fries.

OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

Re: Small shrooms, aborts, and mutants. [Re: skeletor]
    #5593451 - 05/05/06 10:21 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

im at about 3 1/2 inches depth. ill try to get alot more FAE going. Im hoping this solves it and those little buggers grow more than 2 1/2 inches tall.

if thats the case then i just got bulk growing with the double tub down. :blush:

i hope.. next time im using poo and ill definately make enough substrate.

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #5593734 - 05/05/06 11:36 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

You don't need to wash the tubs with bleach. I always use only soap and water. Bleach and Lysol can cause mutants and abhorts. Making bigger holes was a good idea. They should be at least 3/4", although an 1"+ is optimal. Other than that, it should be a set it and forget it operation. Don't open it, mist it or fuck with it once it's cased. Just temps and a little light until fruiting.

Also, make sure there is some air flow in the room. I leave my tubs in a bedroom. Optimum air flow is provided by my central AC unit. If your tub is in a closet, I'd use a small oscillating fan to get a little air flow. Don't point the fan directly at the tubs, that may cause too much humidity loss. Just slight air movement is all you need for this setup.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

Re: Small shrooms, aborts, and mutants. [Re: FooMan]
    #5594190 - 05/05/06 01:27 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

There is another variable that needs to be addressed. the amount of polyfil in the holes. it seems this stuff could completely block out airflow if u put too much in. the kind i got is kinda thick.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate