Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Nigger [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #5593268 - 05/05/06 09:00 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

the word is very charged, and not very well understood by anyone not affected by it.

imagine your family was all holocaust survivors. I imagine you may take "jew" a little more to heart, but its a combination of that persons over-sensitivity, and your lack of sensitivity.

how hard would it have been to say "chill out man"

replace it with some other words

"chill out bitch"
"chill out slaveboy"
"chill out dumbfuck"

none of these would sound right, so its a little ignorant for you to just assume it's a problem with your friend, when its clearly a problem with you as well, since you don't understand the meaing of the word.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Nigger [Re: kotik]
    #5593306 - 05/05/06 09:15 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

"how hard would it have been to say "chill out man""

Are you responding to my post? If so, did you read it?

What gives the original poster any right to tell this man in his own dorm room that he hardly knows to "Chill OUT MAN!"??

Were it me in that situation FUCK THAT I woulda said who the fuck are you and CYA Beatch get the FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM! Or words to that effect.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Nigger [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #5593340 - 05/05/06 09:30 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

no, my bad i was responding to palmersc

i always use the quickrespond at the bottom though.

i was under the impression they were friends. calling a stranger such a term is WAY out of line, especially in his room.

Im not even sure the point of this post.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Nigger [Re: Fospher]
    #5593346 - 05/05/06 09:33 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

In today's America, being a white male is a disadvantage. The fact that if you're of a different color skin or the wrong gender only puts you behind some guy who isn't as qualified getting ahead through Affirmative Action.

hah... words of a true oppressed white man.  preach on brother  :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleRogues_Pierre
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5593356 - 05/05/06 09:40 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

There's nothing wrong with the word nigger. Its just slang for black person. Negro means black in Spanish. The latin nigrum is used in English such as substatia nigrum (part of brain the generates dopamine) and piper nigrum (black pepper). As you can see the latinized word for black isn't a bad word. It simply refers to the color black.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Nigger [Re: Rogues_Pierre]
    #5593395 - 05/05/06 09:58 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

There's nothing wrong with the word nigger. Its just slang for black person. Negro means black in Spanish. The latin nigrum is used in English such as substatia nigrum (part of brain the generates dopamine) and piper nigrum (black pepper). As you can see the latinized word for black isn't a bad word. It simply refers to the color black.

You're using the part of your brain that hasn't been exposed to the real world. Its nice academic discussion but we don't live in the academy, and this thread pertains to an unfortunate real-world event.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Nigger [Re: Asante]
    #5593419 - 05/05/06 10:09 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i wonder if half of the people who post here are just bots, without any experience in reality.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Nigger [Re: Rogues_Pierre]
    #5593510 - 05/05/06 10:36 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rogues_Pierre said:

and fuck means fornication under consent of the king but you know what.... people find it offensive.

it isn't about the word, if I said "pie" to someone who was savagely made love to by a peach cobbler..... it would elicit some severe responses...... and imagine if I said "that's a nice piece of pie" in a victims of pie attacks support group....?

You don't call people nigger, because though it is just a word, it is a socially charged word you can call your friends nigger if they don't mind...... even black people if they dont' mind. But you don't just RANDOMLY throw the word around.

I would not deliberately say fuck around a young child or anyone below their teenage years.... I would not deilberately say it around nuns and monks and priests and old people....... I would not go to a preschool class and talk about my experiences with masturbation.....
I would not go to a black person and say "nigga" deliberately....

Honestly I might want to, because I've become saturated with the social use of that word and don't even find it that offensive anymore either.... but you have to realize whether or not you agree with it..... words have charge.... to some people
fuck hurts. it causes them pain to hear. or cunt imagine a girl who was verbally abused throughout her life and that word brings up trauma to her....

while its true that many if not all words COULD hold damage... words use to discriminate should be spoken with a mindful tongue.

You don't say "what's up chink" or "what's up cracker" or "what's up retard" or "what's up no legs" or "what's up cripple" or "what's up slave"

You just have to be mindful man. Do you really disagree with this? You can do whatever you want but words are more than just collections of sounds..... these sounds have charged meanings deep in the mind of the social unconscious....... nigger is not associated with "negro" it is not associated with the LITERAL meaning it is associated with slavery, discrimination, HATE, and oppression...... it doesn't matter what the dictionary says, it's been used and bastardized as a hateful slur.

It's like the swastika... it's a sacred holy symbol, but the Nazis also used it.... so maybe brandishing a swastika to Jews isn't a great idea, even if you are just wanting to promote Buddhism.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: Nigger [Re: palmersc]
    #5593542 - 05/05/06 10:42 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/nword.html

racism is screwed up but don't worry it's very easy to figure out. Here's the one and only rule:

Rule number One: All white people are racist and all black people are victims who are justified in their hate.

Yeah. It's the truth. Don't worry about the fact that affirmative action is reverse discrimination. Don't worry about the fact that black people can say and do whatever the hell they want to hurt white people, and with impunity. They deserve it because they are the superior race. Accept it or be burned in your life. Hail Black History Month.

--------------------
Namaste

Offlinepalmersc
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
Re: Nigger [Re: RedNucleus]
    #5593722 - 05/05/06 11:32 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
All I can say is WOW. Let's think about it from the black guy's perspective. He comes home, already pissed off about something, and some white guy he hardly knows tells him to "CHILL OUT NIGGA". In his own CRIB. THEN, the white guy comes back in a couple of hours and wants to tell him to "let go of HIS hate".

To me, it sounds like the black guy was being nice (or maybe he isn't that big) by not:

1. Kicking you out of his dorm room for being a jerk
2. Kicking your ass first

From your story, perhaps he felt sorry for you and took pity. You don't sound particularly "bright". Or if I am being kind I would say you lack understanding and empathy.

You jump to too many conclusions. There was no hate in the room. A minute before we were laughing and telling jokes. I brought this up since I think there's something wrong with the situation. He's black and I'm white. That changes things huh?

I think this sums it up

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
Anyone who has ever had a debate with an over-emotional person should know that over-emotional people tend to have a defense mechanism that kicks in, acting like a wall that will not receive any logic that comes from whom they are being shielded.

This guy is intelligent, but is blinded by the hate and throwing up the shields. However, I understand we don't live in an ideal world, and that this word is clung to by those who wish to preserve the barrier. Chappelle took a lot of heat from the leaders of the black community. These are the people who are unable to let go of the past and move on. I don't see how things can improve between different countries and creeds with the current mindset. Like that of RedNucleus. Any hate you feel that is justifiable is nothing more than self pity.

This is all easier said than done, but I'll do my part. I am frequently told that I am lacking in tactfulness. People need to get over themselves. It's something I'm working on myself.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #5593723 - 05/05/06 11:32 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
i wonder if half of the people who post here are just bots, without any experience in reality.

I wonder that myself a lot. Not just because people read like bots, but because I read something about research on AI being done through places like internet message boards to test believability as a human being, while they work on a believable body. I wish I would've saved the link.

Then I think things like, if the world uses the net for more then half of its socializing and information source, people who may want to manipulate society on a mass scale, could use that technology and not even need to create the more complicated believable human bodies for their AI programs.

(Crazy thoughts I know. Yet, people do crazy things in the vain of seeking power and control over others). Not that I beleive that is actually happening, yet, it could.

Anyway, yes, the act of correcting ones own mis-takes they feel bad about, by correcting the other person and not themselves, during an apology, is common and empty. It really only serves to set up making insensitivity mist-take number two.

It's like choosing to set fire to some guys house and then, apologizing by saying, "I'm sorry your experiencing your loss because your house is made out of wood and flammable materials, dude."  :whistling:

The more people do it to others, the more people start to rebuild their "homes" that pyromaniacs carelessly set afire, with concrete. Then they loose living in the materials that can flex and bend and that are soft.  Then they too end up coming across like virtual BOTS up the road.

The makings of a concrete robotic jungle indeed. :frown:

I wonder what the psychology is behind believing the way to correct yourself when you realize you made a mis-take, is to tell another they are wrong and thinking, you have made a beneficial self improvement in the process (self correction).  :confused:

Palmersec,

tell him hes in his right to feel the way he does, it was careless of you to say it and that you are sorry and then stick out your hand as a peace offering. End of story. Move on all the wiser.

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinepalmersc
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
Re: Nigger [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5593748 - 05/05/06 11:41 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Palmersec,

tell him hes in his right to feel the way he does, it was careless of you to say it and that you are sorry and then stick out your hand as a peace offering. End of story. Move on all the wiser.
:peace: :heart:

You're right. This is the only solution which makes sense. I am not here to tell people they are wrong just to make myself feel better. Although there may have been some of that unconsciously. That goes back to getting over myself and helping others. However, I cannot help in feeling that nothing good comes out of it. We're back to square 1.

Maybe love can prevail when confronted with hate.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #5593929 - 05/05/06 12:25 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

The group of people that say the word
"nigger" the most, are the blacks themselves.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Nigger [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #5593981 - 05/05/06 12:35 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

:kkk:

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Nigger [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5594180 - 05/05/06 01:25 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

remember SWAMI?

or should I say, Synthetic Western Analytical Mechanical Intelligence

:lol:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Nigger [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5594204 - 05/05/06 01:29 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Ah the lovely  :wink: Swami. Where has he gone?

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Nigger [Re: Icelander]
    #5594404 - 05/05/06 02:08 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i dunno

maybe he's getting his emotion chip installed

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #5594421 - 05/05/06 02:12 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I concluded that the hate was within him.

Keying your state of offense off a word (especially when no offense was intended) is like basing your self-worth on what someone else thinks of you.

Why would anyone give another such power and control over themselves?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Nigger [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5594456 - 05/05/06 02:23 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

He's gone on to enlightenment. He is now both man and woman, androgynous. He is the one who was prophesied to come. He may walk among you and yet you do not know him. :mrburns:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Nigger [Re: Icelander]
    #5594503 - 05/05/06 02:35 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

wait dude... so.. the messiah is a tranny?

pre-op or post-op?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom