Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

Loc: Maryland
Non-Trich green mold.
    #5570353 - 04/29/06 01:45 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I just checked my casing today and I found that 2 of my Poly-fil holes had fallen out. There was a green mold on just the top of the casing. It was scattered around the casing in clusters. It looked like a bunch of tiny specks of of light-green. Couldnt of been trich, there was no white trich myc anywhere. So i took it outside, sprayed the top surface with water/bleach. then i removed the top layer of the casing with a spoon. There was nothing between the mold and the mush myc except dirt. apparently my casing was too deep I guess, i got it down to a good level where I could barely see the mushroom myc. Just put it into fruiting(this is a double tub).

I caught it early, and this mold definately started green, instead of turning green. Any guesses as to what kind of mold it is?

Well I have my fingers crossed, ill update how it turns out.

--------------------

Edited by Drone (04/29/06 01:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

Re: Non-Trich green mold. [Re: Drone]
    #5586431 - 05/03/06 04:00 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Ok update time.

After a few days the green came back. So I scraped off the whole casing layer. Now its been a few days with the casing off and all looks good, contams dont wanna fight my myc face to face. they will lose! Now im going to fruit without a casing layer, its better than losing a 58quart double tub of good myc.

I suppose there is a slim chance the green could contam the myc, but i doubt it at this point.

So I fought the green and won...why is everybody a "chuck it" nazi now-a-days.

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5587517 - 05/03/06 08:01 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Because you can't fight the green and win. Even if you get a flush from a contaminated project, you puke millions of spores all over your area to ruin your next six months worth of projects, so you still lose.

I know of no green molds that contaminate mushroom projects like what you describe, so I suspect you were seeing something else anyway. You said 'dirt'? You weren't trying to use dirt for a casing were you?
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #5587689 - 05/03/06 08:41 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Actually most green molds are aspergillus and penicillium molds - but if its on the caseing layer rather than the substrate it is more likely trich.

--------------------

OfflineDrone
Derka Derka Derka
Male

Re: Non-Trich green mold. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5587936 - 05/03/06 09:37 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Why cant you win? :o I said I did this outside. So im not too worried about my grow area. And I didnt mean actual dirt, The casing was peat/verm. Im not a noob man.

Maybe it was trich, but it didnt seem like anything ive seen of it.

--------------------

Edited by Drone (05/03/06 09:41 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract