Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesillvyr

Loc: under a tree
Curious About Cake Geography
    #558717 - 02/21/02 03:59 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Y'all,
I was looking at my first pins and wondering why cakes pin where they do. All the cakes but one began from the bottom. What makes some cakes start from the bottom and others from the top of the cake?
Also, at what size or level of maturity is the primordia cease to be primordia and is considered a mushroom? What features distinguish primordia from a mature specimen?
Some of these questions may seem stupid, however I am wanting to learn more about these amazing creatures. The more I understand about them, the better I am at taking care of them and having continued success.

--------------------
The "Little Mushrooms" are but emisaries to the Overmind.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Curious About Cake Geography [Re: sillvyr]
    #558829 - 02/21/02 06:01 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

They are most likely starting underneath because your humidity is too low. The humidity on the perlite is nice and high, and they like that better.

Pins look like little worms with brownish heads. They get bigger like that, until one day the veil breaks and turns into a mature meushroom. It drops its spores, and then thats it. :wink:

Offlinesillvyr

Loc: under a tree
Re: Curious About Cake Geography [Re: angryshroom]
    #558912 - 02/21/02 07:42 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'm pretty sure the humidity is not a problem, I'm using an ultrasonic and actually have to be careful it does not get too humid in there because water condenses on the cakes. I am now seeing baby fruits on the tops too. I'm guessing they are tiny fruits because they are 1"+ long and as big around as a pencil. They grow so fast!

--------------------
The "Little Mushrooms" are but emisaries to the Overmind.....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags