Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBMArts
Stranger
Rye vs PF?
    #5580900 - 05/02/06 09:55 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone have an estimate of how much extra yield you can get in % from a specific amount of rye cased as compared to the same amount of PF substrate cased?

Eg. After working with PF cakes cased I have noticed that more substrate depth doesn't make for a (much) bigger yield (at least for the first flush). 2 cakes gave me about 100 grams and 4 gave me 120 grams (both cased in the same manner in the same containers). The difference was that the 2 cake casing shrank tones and didn't yield much more in succesive flushes where as the 4 cake casing didn't shrink very much and continues to yield a lot in the next flushes.

Now I have started growing on rye and am wondering how much the yield will increse. If I case a pint of rye will it yield as much as casing 2 1/2 pint PF jars or more? One thing which I have already noticed is for sure... the rye colonizes much faster ;-).

Basically what I am wondering is wether I should continue doing PF and rye parallel (and possibly case the 2 substrates mixed together) or wether I should drop the PFs and just concentrate on rye...
thanks and peace

PS: please don't mention that I should be doing bulk.. I know the benefits but I just can't go there for now...

--------------------
Everything I post on this board is pure fiction. Nothing in the post above is real. It is all made up...

May the source be with GNU

Edited by BMArts (05/02/06 11:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyogafire
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: BMArts]
    #5580910 - 05/02/06 10:00 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

THis one is easy for me. Rhizomorphic growth on rye is harldy as intense as on PF, which means better pinning and better, more efficient flushes.

all of my rye projects, with the exception of oysters, have failed to fruit, or have only fruited "marginally" (less return for the investment of time and energy).

Go with PF, it's a no-brainer

OfflineBMArts
Stranger
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: yogafire]
    #5580956 - 05/02/06 10:14 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yogafire said:
THis one is easy for me. Rhizomorphic growth on rye is harldy as intense as on PF, which means better pinning and better, more efficient flushes.

all of my rye projects, with the exception of oysters, have failed to fruit, or have only fruited "marginally" (less return for the investment of time and energy).

Go with PF, it's a no-brainer

Hmm I have a feeling that your opinion that PF is superior to grain substrates is not perticularly common. But who knows... hopefully there'll be some more answers soon.

--------------------
Everything I post on this board is pure fiction. Nothing in the post above is real. It is all made up...

Offlineiamyour_messiah
Stranger

#5581193 - 05/02/06 11:43 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Ya I would hope not cause I have some rye jars incubating atm and I was also under the impression that grains were superior to the PF tek. Thats why I got a damn pressure cooker!! Ppl were telling me if you can't pressure cook your grains just stick to the PF tek, which led me to believe that the PF tek, though maybe fool proof, was less rewarding in the end. Otherwise, why would everyone bother with the pressure cooker when you could technically just steam the PF jars.

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

Loc: Arizona Bay
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: iamyour_messiah]
    #5581213 - 05/02/06 11:49 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

He is right, this is why you have to case rye and you can fruit right off a BRF cake.

Rye is easier and takes less time for caseing that is why many people use it. I myself perfer WSB.

If I am wrong someone let me know.

--------------------

Ronhero on the Growery is me

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: Babo911]
    #5581228 - 05/02/06 11:53 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Babo911 said:
He is right, this is why you have to case rye and you can fruit right off a BRF cake.

Rye is easier and takes less time for caseing that is why many people use it. I myself perfer WSB.

If I am wrong someone let me know.

You are wrong, it's WBS, not WSB, unless that was supposed to be short for wasabi. :wink:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

Loc: Arizona Bay
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: FooMan]
    #5581237 - 05/02/06 11:55 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, i am kinda hung over so excuse my inability to type :smile:

--------------------

Ronhero on the Growery is me

OfflineBMArts
Stranger
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: Babo911]
    #5581724 - 05/02/06 03:04 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

So anyone got an answer as to how much % more a rye casing may yield in contrast to a PF style substrate casing?
I mean I'll know myself soon enough... but I'm just curious and thought perhaps someone knows.

--------------------

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #5581738 - 05/02/06 03:08 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I personally can't help you in this area since I have never done rye, but there are plenty of members who have. Let the thread ride and I'm sure you'll have some nice responses by this evening.

OfflineBMArts
Stranger
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: Wronguy]
    #5581764 - 05/02/06 03:14 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wronguy said:
I personally can't help you in this area since I have never done rye, but there are plenty of members who have. Let the thread ride and I'm sure you'll have some nice responses by this evening.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. The funny thing is: for me its almost midnight already... I guess you mean this evening US time.

--------------------

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
    #5581806 - 05/02/06 03:25 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I never done PF but have read and seen the results.

I dont think that rye/RF are even comparable, as far as colonizing times, spawning capability and potency and helps for latter flushes.

I think it is easier and better as a spawn once you get use to it. Meaning getting the moister correct, and that is the only thing that you have to be concerned with. Rye with LC is even better.

But sorry no numbers....

what are you using hpoo and what for a casing layer?

yeah US time, doesn't the world revolve around us yet...lol j/k  :wink:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Offlinecampinman
Fun-Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoOn
    #5581818 - 05/02/06 03:27 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i dont like rye or PF, the recipe that ive grown accustomed to is closer to PF i guess, just cooked whole brwn rice, quinoa, verm, ground flax/millet/maybe some finchseed and water.

works well for me every time, not sure about the amount of nutrients in rice+ compared to rye, but its a nice airy mix that my spores happen to LOVE, maybe give it a go, its most silimar to the alien tek, just play around with the ingredients until you find the right mix for you

cheers

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself."

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5584062 - 05/02/06 11:26 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

It all comes down to two things - the nutrient level of the substrate and its L-tryptophan content.
Substrates like BRF lack both - substrates like Rye contain more of both.
Substrates like millet are full to the brim with L-tryptophan which cubensis readily converts to psilocybin and related alkaloids.

--------------------

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #5584602 - 05/03/06 06:35 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

brf does just fine,
there is no guaranty that 1 pint of rye cased
will do better than 2 half pint cakes.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: Hippie3]
    #5584673 - 05/03/06 07:26 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

i will tell you this... the yeild won't go up but the potency will.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5587154 - 05/03/06 06:37 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

?

--------------------

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
    #5587167 - 05/03/06 06:39 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

RYE RULES IF U DO IT GOOD

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: mikeownow]
    #5587171 - 05/03/06 06:40 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Millet rules better. But rye is pretty damn good too. BRF is shite.

--------------------

OfflineMFKDGAF
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
    #5587191 - 05/03/06 06:44 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

What's PF stand for again i forgot sorry.

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: MFKDGAF]
    #5587202 - 05/03/06 06:46 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS  :wink:

now who can answer who that is

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
    #5587208 - 05/03/06 06:46 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bluemeanie said:
Millet rules better. But rye is pretty damn good too. BRF is shite.

Millet huh? Were do I get that?

--------------------

Offlinebongtoke
Mushies
 User Gallery

#5587415 - 05/03/06 07:41 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

iam usinbg rye righyt now and wbs..and my rye is colonizing 50 times faster then the wbs for some odd reason..i started my wbs pint jars a week ago and there not even 50% done and i did the rye 5 days ago and there about 50% done..casing to poo soon will be great..

--------------------
GOTTA LOVE POO CAKES!!!

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5587535 - 05/03/06 08:05 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Snaggletooth said:

he is the good professor who brought us the pf classic and the mutant pf redspore. but you already knew that.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: thenewguy05]
    #5587551 - 05/03/06 08:08 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

thenewguy05 said:
Quote:

Snaggletooth said:

he is the good professor who brought us the pf classic and the mutant pf redspore. but you already knew that.

What could he have done before tthat?

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5587568 - 05/03/06 08:12 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

at a shop.
In most bird seed mixes there is a pretty high ratio of millet. And it grows chunky potent suckers:

those fellas were yum -

The professor makes some pretty outlandish claims at times, but he is indeed the person who came up with the PF tek and the person we can thank for a few older cubie strains

--------------------

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#5587732 - 05/03/06 08:50 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

As far as equal ammounts of each (cased rye -vs- PF) I can only guess. The problem is, straight grain is hard to keep hydrated, so pound for pound, PF might yield more, especially if you're dunking.

However, If you have a PC, and are doing quart jars of rye, it's less effort and expense to generate larger ammounts of colonized rye grain. From that aspect alone, you should be getting bigger yields from rye... faster, more potent, and less expensive.

You say you don't want to mess with bulk, but cooking a pot of straw is stone easy. Consider it, if what you're looking for is big yield. Straw has good potency too, IMXP. Take 4-5 quarts of rye, spawn it to 4-5 gallons of straw, dump it in a mono-tub, shrooms galore :thumbup:

And, BRF made the grade with PF because it's widely available, but it's not hard to locate some rye flour at a health food store, and it's easy to find on the net these days too. If you stick with PF (not that you should), I would recommend using rye flour over BRF any day. I've found that it colonizes faster, and it should be more potent.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinehomusubi
Curious Noob =P
Male

Loc: Concepcion, Chile
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: Rahz]
    #5588001 - 05/03/06 09:55 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

so? basically, all ppl use rye and such, to have more potent mushrooms??

--------------------
"Entonces, mientras camines por esta tierra, Tu y tus hijos abrazar?is las Tinieblas, beber?is s?lo sangre, comer?is s?lo cenizas, ser?is como fuisteis en el momento de morir, nunca muriendo, siempre viviendo. Caminar?is para siempre en las Tinieblas, todo cuanto toqu?is se desmoronar?, hasta los ?ltimos d?as".

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: homusubi]
    #5588090 - 05/03/06 10:17 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

haha, well, no. AFAIK, most people doing cakes are using BRF since that's what the directions say. Most people using rye grain use it as spawn. So that ends up with not too many people fruiting from rye.

As far as I know, WBS shouldn't be noticably more or less potent than rye grain if you care to fruit from it.

Accepted wisdom from the old hands is that nothing beats horse crap, but they're in the frame of bulk subs, so they might not be considering straight grains.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlineskeletor
the dude
Loc: heaven on earth
    #5588121 - 05/03/06 10:25 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

but remember people much of a pf cake is verm! so technically there is much less actual substrate in a cased cake. or you sould just add in an equal amount of verm to your grain jar. thats would make a better comparison i think

--------------------
im sorry about your mother. She was a terrible attrative woman.

Get back to nature; hunting burgers and gathering fries.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5588123 - 05/03/06 10:26 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

It all comes down to two things - the nutrient level of the substrate and its L-tryptophan content.
Substrates like BRF lack both - substrates like Rye contain more of both.
Substrates like millet are full to the brim with L-tryptophan which cubensis readily converts to psilocybin and related alkaloids.

You can get JUST as much off a PF casing as you can with a rye casing...As long as both pin as well and such.

The difference between the two is that one colonizes about 4x faster...Makes the roomies more potent...And, it's somewhat less work once you get it down(IMO).

I personally use Pf, simply because I fuck up more wbs jars than I do Pf jars...Fucking moisture content :evil:...

-Gnostic

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5588881 - 05/04/06 01:55 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

speak for yourself - i never spawn - just use litre substrate jars of rye and millet.

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5588930 - 05/04/06 02:10 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bluemeanie said:
speak for yourself - i never spawn - just use litre substrate jars of rye and millet.

Why? Bad luck with straw? Or is it just to much of a hassle :confused:

-Gnostic

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: homusubi]
    #5589172 - 05/04/06 06:38 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

see substrate potency poll

nearly 80 growers surveyed,
rice beat rye by 2:1 margin

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

#5589176 - 05/04/06 06:41 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

that is horse shit. poll that over here and see what experienced grower have to say. no offence but seriously... ask workman, ask agar, shit ask anno, roger rabbit, and roadkill. Do this poll in the advanced forums and not with newbies who have only grown with the pf tek.ask people who are experienced and not people who are just going to side with a site admin.

i'm not basing this on some crack pot theory, just hardcore facts.
rye contains 2.30% nitrogen on average and rice is averaged at about 0.98% nitrogen. it dosen't take a rocket scientist to see rice is weaker in nutritional value.

Edited by thenewguy05 (05/04/06 06:50 AM)

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5589339 - 05/04/06 08:58 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

anno has already stated that he found brf shrooms plenty potent,
many others as well have stated the same.
some 79 growers were polled already
and anyone can vote,
plenty from here frequent both sites.
and i don't have a 'side' in the poll,
that's nonsense.

further
as anno also stated elsewhere
the most potent species
grow on wood,
even less nutritious.
:cool:

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #5593441 - 05/05/06 10:19 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not going to knock the poll, but there were only 13 people who voted either rye or rice. I wouldn't exactly call that convincing, regardless of what forum it was posted on.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5593536 - 05/05/06 10:41 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

It ain't a damn popularity contest among newbies for crying out loud. Also, ever since you(hippie3) started selling pf jars, you knock rye as a spawn material, and have kicked anyone selling substrate or jars off your site.  You praise popcorn as a spawn material as if it were a gift from the gods, so folks will fail and buy your pf jars.  Everyone around here sees through your shit.  Give it up.

Then you say you don't have a 'side' in the poll... :bendoverrover:
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #5593682 - 05/05/06 11:18 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

thenewguy05 said:

that is horse shit. poll that over here and see what experienced grower have to say. no offence but seriously... ask workman, ask agar, shit ask anno, roger rabbit, and roadkill. Do this poll in the advanced forums and not with newbies who have only grown with the pf tek.ask people who are experienced and not people who are just going to side with a site admin.

i'm not basing this on some crack pot theory, just hardcore facts.
rye contains 2.30% nitrogen on average and rice is averaged at about 0.98% nitrogen. it dosen't take a rocket scientist to see rice is weaker in nutritional value. 

:smirk:

name dropper!~

lolzz

---

ok...my take on things.

If we are talking about Rye grain with just a casing layer...verses BRF/Verm cakes.
The Rye is going to be more potent.

But if we are talking about Rye grain verses a BRF/Verm cake(ground up)...and both are spawned into horse poo, compost or some other kind of bulk substrate.
The potency isn't going to be too noticibly different.

Then we come to WBS, Millet and other substrates.
I love Millet...if it was cheaper I'd use nothing but Millet.
I really don't like fruiting off any of these subrates without spawning them into a bulk substrate.
The real advantage to using WBS or Millet for me is that you get more colonization points when you are spawning into a bulk substrate.
Cost wise...WBS is probably the cheapest.

All of this comes down to what each grower likes and finds easier for them...
and everyone has their own opinion.

The PF cake serves its purpose...for the person that doesn't have a pressure cooker.
And for the person that really doesn't need a large crop...just a few cakes will get the job done for them.
I actually laugh when I see a grow room full of PF cakes.
lolzz

and only one specie is comparable to the potency of a wood lover like the p. cyan or p. azure...that is the liberty cap.

just my opinion on things.

:smile:

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineCrazyPsilocybe
King Of AllJackasses
Male
Loc: United States of Ass Rapi...
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5593747 - 05/05/06 11:41 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I use popcorn with fantastic results. They were simple, colonized within a week and ready to use 5 days after that.

--------------------
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
-Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: CrazyPsilocybe]
    #5593765 - 05/05/06 11:45 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I've used popcorn with great results for spawning also. It sucks as a cased grain. I wouldn't say it's any better than rye or WBS as far as spawning material goes though.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5594813 - 05/05/06 04:32 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Actually, popcorn works fine. It's just the opinion of the majority of experienced growers that rye or wbs is better. Perhaps the biggest flaw of popcorn is the large kernel size, which means there are fewer kernels in each jar, therefore fewer points of inoculation. Not only fewer points of inoculation, but less total mycelium as well, since the mycelium grows on the surface of the grains. Smaller grains equate to more total surface area to colonize by getting rid of the large air spaces between kernels, thus you have more total mycelium per jar to use for spawning.

However, it's a brf/rye thread. I apologize for knocking it off course to popcorn.

I think just about everyone will agree that if you use Stamet's formula for effeciency, where you simply compare dry weight of the substrate to dry weight of the product, brf cakes will outperform just about any other growing method. However, if you factor time into the equation, grains to bulk substrate will deliver considerably more mushrooms in a given time frame in the same grow chamber. Since bulk substrates are so cheap and easy to obtain, I feel time to harvest is a more important factor of effeciency for the home grower than simply substrate weight, which might be the more important factor for a large commercial operation.

As for potency, we hear as many complaints about bulk grows as pf cakes. I personally think it's a strain issue and not a substrate issue. Bunk strains are rare, so if you get one, just do another grow and chances are they'll be great.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #5594995 - 05/05/06 05:26 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Actually, popcorn works fine.  It's just the opinion of the majority of experienced growers that rye or wbs is better.  Perhaps the biggest flaw of popcorn is the large kernel size, which means there are fewer kernels in each jar, therefore fewer points of inoculation.  Not only fewer points of inoculation, but less total mycelium as well, since the mycelium grows on the surface of the grains.  Smaller grains equate to more total surface area to colonize by getting rid of the large air spaces between kernels, thus you have more total mycelium per jar to use for spawning.

However, it's a brf/rye thread.  I apologize for knocking it off course to popcorn.

I think just about everyone will agree that if you use Stamet's formula for effeciency, where you simply compare dry weight of the substrate to dry weight of the product, brf cakes will outperform just about any other growing method.  However, if you factor time into the equation, grains to bulk substrate will deliver considerably more mushrooms in a given time frame in the same grow chamber.  Since bulk substrates are so cheap and easy to obtain, I feel time to harvest is a more important factor of effeciency for the home grower than simply substrate weight, which might be the more important factor for a large commercial operation.

As for potency, we hear as many complaints about bulk grows as pf cakes.  I personally think it's a strain issue and not a substrate issue.  Bunk strains are rare, so if you get one, just do another grow and chances are they'll be great.
RR

I guess that just about wraps up this thread :thumbup:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineAtomHeart
MK Ultra Operative
Male

#5595048 - 05/05/06 05:44 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Tee hee hee. Children, children...don't make me stop this car.

--------------------
You once ripped a man's jaw off...I seent it!

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5595105 - 05/05/06 06:01 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said: ever since you(hippie3) started selling pf jars, you knock rye as a spawn material, and have kicked anyone selling substrate or jars off your site.  You praise popcorn as a spawn material as if it were a gift from the gods, so folks will fail and buy your pf jars.  Everyone around here sees through your shit.  Give it up.

Then you say you don't have a 'side' in the poll... :bendoverrover:
RR

rogerrabbitLOL.
fyi
i sell rye too
and plenty of it.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5596928 - 05/06/06 03:50 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

It all comes down to the substrate's nitrogen and L-tryptophan precursor content - Brown rice flower has the least whereas millet and rye have the highest.
For a poll to come up with that result Id have to assume that the people polled had simply never used millet.
When i started out back in the Drool Donkey days the guys in the know were Uma Guma, Major Millet and Workman among others and it was taken as a given that millet was a superior substrate.
As time has passed unforunately this information hasnt filtered down and it has to be proven again.
If you do a search for a post by Starter about a year back he actually posted a study that demonstrated Millet had the highest L-tryptophan content.

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5596934 - 05/06/06 03:54 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Hippie3: 'further as anno also stated elsewhere
the most potent species grow on wood,
even less nutritious.'

This is irrelevant since we arent talking about a different species, we are talking about cubensis which does not fruit readily off wood. However, lignious or wood-based substrates are actually the richest in L-tryptophan precursors.

--------------------

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5597022 - 05/06/06 06:16 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

It all comes down to the substrate's nitrogen and L-tryptophan precursor content

you keep saying that
but you have never demonstrated
that to be factual.
the simple truth is that
there is more than enough
even in rice
to produce the miniscule amounts of actives present
in psilocybes.
any excess is just a waste.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5597924 - 05/06/06 02:58 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

:rotfl:

So that explains why Straight BRF cakes are just as potent as mushies from Poo...:rolleyes:...IME , that isn't the case.

Obvisouly Brf lacks something that poo doesn't , and  that ain't no horse shit either....:cool:...

Just pointing out that Brf isn't as nute. rich as other substrates...However, it is good to spawn with :thumbup:

-Gnostic

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #5598343 - 05/06/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

being nute-rich is not the end-all criteria by any means.
there is no scientific evidence to support
the claim that brf-grown shrooms are lacking in potency
and thousands of people have tripped plenty hard off pf cakes
for many years and in many countries.
there is no way one can just write off the hundreds of trip reports
posted right here on shroomery wherein people got off very hard
on brf-grown cubies.
the real problem is the old school growers who want to
roll back the clock 10-15 years and make everyone grow
the same way they do.
since people won't do it just on say-so
they spread rumors alleging brf shrooms lack potency
to frighten the newbies into
doing it the 'right' way, ie. their way.
just like there was once a nasty rumor spread here
that the pfc strain made people sick,
this rumor that brf lack potency
is just as much
nonsense.
and i'll wager i can
find at least 1 dozen threads
right here on shroomery
within minutes that
reveal brf potency to be just fine.

but you are entirely correct about
brf making great spawn-
see
Behold the power of the cake!

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5598800 - 05/06/06 08:06 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

'the real problem is the old school growers who want to
roll back the clock 10-15 years and make everyone grow
the same way they do.'

LOL - and BRF cakes are the new and modern method?

No one said BRF didnt work and that BRF gave you no potency - they are your words not mine. And that was the first time I made the precursor comment in this thread - a factual point that can be easily demonstrated.
Ill find the thread now...

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5598875 - 05/06/06 08:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Firstly this link explains that tryptophans are the precursors to tryptamines - such as psilocybin and psilocin:

And here are two references found by Starter that demonstrate that Millet has a higher content of L-tryptophan/tryptophans:
http://www.doggieconnection.com/recipe/info/rice_flour_brown.html
http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extpubs/plantsci/crops/a805w.htm

And the original 14 page thread:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1694393/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5598896 - 05/06/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

^^ :thumbup:

-Gnostic

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5598930 - 05/06/06 08:52 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

OOps i missed alink - the one on tryptophan being a precursor to tryptamines:
http://www.rhodium.ws/chemistry/tryptophan.html

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5598997 - 05/06/06 09:13 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

No it's not blue meanie, You're wrong, WRONG. Those aren't facts, not unh!...:rotfl:

Great info. man :thumbup:

-Gnostic

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5598998 - 05/06/06 09:14 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I actually spent all morning creating all those links myself just to prove that I was right -

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5599005 - 05/06/06 09:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

hahahahah

:lol:

You crack me up :grin:

I'll be reading everyone of them and puttin them in my favs...For later use :P

-Gnostic

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5600210 - 05/07/06 05:46 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

even if
a] tryptophans are the precursors to tryptamines
and
b] Millet has a higher content of L-tryptophan/tryptophans
are assumed to be true,
that still does not logically prove
that millet will give more potent shrooms than a different substrate.

why ?
because potency is not open-ended,
tryptophans cannot just be added ad infinitum
to increase potency beyond the limit of the species itself.
cubies will only get to so much potency and then,
no matter how much tryptophan is still present,
stop.

what you have not shown
is that rice so lacks in tryptophans as to ensure
that cubies fail to reach their potential.

that is the missing part of your 'proof'.

and all the sarcasm, while cute,
doesn't faze me one bit, as you should know by now
so why not save yourself some extra typing
and just skip it and focus instead on meaningful
communication .

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Edited by Hippie3 (05/07/06 06:10 AM)

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5600216 - 05/07/06 05:54 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

here is just 1 of the trip reports here at shroomery
describing rice-grown shrooms
from
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4478927

Quote:

I recently grew some eqs and gts using the pf style method with rice flour. the eqs were left as cakes and the gts were cased. I harvested my precious fungi and went out to my buddy's farewell party on a cool evening in the thick northwoods of wisconsin.
we all ate our shrooms and washed them down with another large bowl of nugz. at this point we all got out of the car and hung out with a few people we were cool with. about 30 minutes later i went to light a marlboro mild 100 cigarette and noticed the flame seemed rather large and close to my face from a 100. i thought nothing of it. soon after the flood gate were opened and the chaos raged through the crowd...

one of the guys i had given the mushrooms to began to act very odd and started running around staring at everyone there. he would say a bunch of crazy shit and then runs away. this was quite entertaining so i began to focus on his strange actions. i had entered My trip.

i began to laugh at him hysterically and had to walk off. as soon as i turned around a friend i haven't seem for a long time came up to me and began freaking out about my presence. he grabbed me and pulled me into his car to listen to some tunes. i sat down and listened for all of two minutes when i began to see spiraled grid lines in the sky. the lines were glowing red and the space within them went from dark blue on the inside to light blue near the edges. the trees outside looked like they were swaying left to right, but there was no wind...

the rest of the night went smooth, we threw in some pink floyd and smoked a ton of nugz. strong visuals were constantly being seen. things that were really appeared to be unreal, clouds especially. we had found a good place to be. i gave the guy leaving the last of my shrooms and we talked about the past and future for a long time. at about 6 am i left with my friends. i was still pretty messed and unbelievable tired. we got to a safe location and went to sleep.

the rice grown shrooms sure don't sound
all that weak to me.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5600226 - 05/07/06 06:02 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

here's another-
from
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post2172842

Quote:

Yestarday I had my first experience from my homegrown mushies. They were equador using the Pf-tek.

The Trip:

My friend came over, we were both excited to harvest the nice mushies growing on this cake. We took them all off and layed them out in a shoe box. We divided them up, me eating the most. A friend of ours, Liz, came over and we ate them while she was there. They didn't taste bad fresh, they seemed easier to take down than the cracker dry shrooms I'm use to getting on the street. After we ate them, we left in Liz's car and drove around and smoke some bowls. While we were in the car I started feeling the onset. It was about 5:30 or around there. My body felt GREAT, all tingly and energetic. This was much more of an intense body high than i have felt on street shrooms.

Me and my friend planned to just walk around when we started really feeling them. We got dropped back off at my house, and i was really starting to trip. Everything got that shroomy look, like my vision was made up of many many different very tiny particles. I went inside to get my jacket and came back out. My friend also was cold so we started towards his house. Everything was getting weird, like when i said something it just didn't sound right, but i enjoyed it. We got to my friends house and he went inside to get his sweatshirt, by this time i was REALLY feeling it, i was seeing things kinda melt and move here and there. I sat on the curb while my friend was inside, looking at this one house. As i stared at the building, something VERY strange happened, i felt like i entered some other dimension or zone. I heard this strange wind blowing like sound in my head, along with strange beeping or clickin noises. While i was hearing these noises the house in front of me started to bend and take on a different look. I was having so much fun, the house looked like it was a peice of paper and it was being blown in the wind, everything around me to seem to stop and i was just in the moment. Silence and serenity is all i can explain, a very weird feeling.

My friend came out of his house with his sweatshirt, I had forgotten about him completely and I told him about how I was feeling and what was going on. We continued to walk around, everything was alive to me, kinda jumping around. I would look at the ground and it would move around and shift down and up. I gazed at the sky as we walked around, it was beggining to get dark and it was such a clear night, it seemed like every star that existed was out and shining down upon us. Everywhere I looked i would see faint patterns on things. Tiny intricate patterns with different colors.

As we walked around this neighborhood, I definitely was at the peak of my trip I would say. I was in a different world, everything had changed. I looked at a tree and the bark would crawl and slide around, I was loving this. The whole night I was just thinking how good these shrooms were, they just had my mind completely shot into space.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5600232 - 05/07/06 06:09 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bluemeanie said:No one said BRF didnt work and that BRF gave you no potency - they are your words not mine. 

LOL
these are your words-
Quote:

BRF is shite.

close enough.
and you are
wrong.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Edited by Hippie3 (05/07/06 06:15 AM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5600385 - 05/07/06 08:35 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hippie3 said:
here's another-
from
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post2172842

Quote:

Yestarday I had my first experience from my homegrown mushies. They were equador using the Pf-tek.

Now there's an experienced tripper and substrate expert we can all learn from. Nice find.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5603962 - 05/08/06 03:42 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Gees Im sorry I didnt take this thread seriously enough...
Ill try to remain utterly serious at all times from now on.
Ive offered you scientifically based and measured evidence to prove my point, you have offered some random trip reports that dont compare substrates, just suggest that BRF cubensis can make you trip - which i never doubted.

Yeah I did say BRF was shite - I was just bluffing to see if you'd pick that up - but I said it because it grows weedy mushrooms that arent as potent as other substrates - I didnt say that it doesnt work at all -

I know that even you would believe deep down that this is true and are just choosing to be argumentative. That's fine, but millet and rye are better.

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5603985 - 05/08/06 04:12 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I know that even you would believe deep down that this is true and are just choosing to be argumentative. That's fine, but millet and rye are better.

:thumbup:

-Gnostic

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5604059 - 05/08/06 05:35 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

lol

look at yourself, roger-
what you've become.
reduced to trolling at shroomery.
my how the mighty
have fallen...

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5604066 - 05/08/06 05:40 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Finished with the shit talking yet? Jesus christ.

Make a point or shut up. Fuck.

Post up some decent links and prove something.

-Gnostic

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5604068 - 05/08/06 05:43 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

sticks 'n stones.
i'm done with this thread anyway
so you can just
blow me
a kiss on my way out.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Edited by Hippie3 (05/08/06 05:52 AM)

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5604072 - 05/08/06 05:48 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Arguing over the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted. So i'll pass on that hand out. :lol:.

You're still not right and not wrong, Take you're flame fest somewhere else, i'll just end up laughing either way.

Don't you know any better? :spank: :runaway: :bye:

Next time prove something and make the thread a little more intersting. You're arguing tatics suck.

-Gnostic

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5604075 - 05/08/06 05:53 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

you're not the boss of me.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5604080 - 05/08/06 06:04 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Nigga I Put da B in Boss. Captial B in da boss nigga.

hahahahah

OK.

Bye bye now.

See ya next time :bye:

-Gnostic

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

#5604149 - 05/08/06 07:36 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bluemeanie said:Yeah I did say BRF was shite - I was just bluffing to see if you'd pick that up - but I said it because it grows weedy mushrooms...

here's some GT that doesn't look too 'weedy', imo.
crumbled pf [brf] cakes

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5604156 - 05/08/06 07:42 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

:lol:

GAWD

OK!

Sounds like someones pussy hurts :shocked:

You guys play nice :hug:

Regardless, brf has nothing on poo and straw.

FUCK YO COUCH NIGGA

Piece

-Gnostic

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#5607545 - 05/09/06 03:43 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, they look like Psilocybe cubensis

--------------------

OfflineRadiant
Fungi Fanatic
Male User Gallery

#5607584 - 05/09/06 04:38 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

BRF Cakes suck really bad for potency and poo rocks thats my final concensus on this topic. I just did both and I can definately tell you that a 1/8 of poo shrooms were atleast 2x as strong as any pf cake shrooms ive ever grown. And hippie if you say otherwise you are spreading misinformation in this hobby and should seriously consider what you are talking about. Now maybe if you add like 10 other extra ingredients to the original brf cake tek than maybe you will get some decent potency but otherwise I see no way in achieving the same kinda results you get from poo. You get like a 1/8 per brf cake when you could get 2oz's of poo shrooms on one flush which would you choose?

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: Radiant]
    #5607783 - 05/09/06 08:12 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

you may just get an 1/8th from your brf cakes
but i can get alot more than that,
as can most people.

and you won't get 2 oz. of shrooms from 1/4 cup of poo,
and there's only 1/4 cup of brf in each cake.
so that's a misleading comparison.

further the link to the poll i posted earlier
shows that i'm far from being the only one
who thinks that potency is not substrate-dependant.
use rye, millet, brf, wheat, poo,
whatever
and the end result is pretty much the same.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #5607849 - 05/09/06 08:48 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hippie3 said:
as can most people.

whatever

I get 8 ounces of dry mushrooms per 30 pounds of field capacity hpoo. Is that about right or should I be doing better than that?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #5607858 - 05/09/06 08:51 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Much Better :thumbup:

That doesn't even work out to 100% BE .

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#5607870 - 05/09/06 08:56 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hippie3 said:
lol

look at yourself, roger-
what you've become.
my how the mighty
have fallen...

Why is it that every time there is something that you don't like you always talk shit. Didn't your mom ever teach you "if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say it". You Hippie  have your own fourm that you can go to and talk shit about the poeple who post over there.

Pf is good if you have the money to do it. For to get a lb of dry shrooms it costs about 15$ is supplys. For me to get a oz off of brf it costs me about the same. This is what I use to determin rather or not one tek is better than another. Most people would only have to grow a few times a year to get enough shrooms to last them a good a while and there wouln't be any talk about "wasted shrooms becouse I ate lsd two days ago". Potancy has too meany veriables to claim one tek is better for potancy.

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Rye vs PF? [Re: HippieChick]
    #5607877 - 05/09/06 08:59 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

HippieChick said:
Much Better :thumbup:

That doesn't even work out to 100% BE .

What are you talking about? Am I doing good or not, lol.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5607890 - 05/09/06 09:05 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Cubes can return up to 250% BE , I think thats bioefficiency , or Boilogical Effeciency .

30 pounds of field capacity poo would be equal to about 6 pounds of dry poo . Field capacity poo is about 80% water . You use the dry weight of your sub when figuring BE .

At 6 pounds of dry sub , you should get 6 pounds of wet shrooms for 100 % BE . 6 pounds of wet shrooms is 96 ounces , which is about 9.6 dry shrooms . So , 9.6 dry ounces would be 100% BE for 30 pounds field capacity poo . You say you get 8 .

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness

I LUV My Greenhouse

My First Pans

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#5607897 - 05/09/06 09:09 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know how much 30lbs of wet poop is other than 30lbs. But a brick that is 16" wide x 30" long x 6" deep will produce 8 dry oz's. Or a 18gal tub filled 6". This was done under less than optimal condtions.

Damn you think about that shit too much BE is weird shit I can't belive people figure that shit out when there is no need to haha humans are funny.

--------------------

See?
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Edited by onetime (05/09/06 09:11 AM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #5607900 - 05/09/06 09:10 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

That is very good considering I dont use a casing layer, I dont mist or do anything at all to take care of them. All I do is spawn the poo and let it colonize and put it in the light to fruit. I do so many monotubs atonce that i dont have time to apply casing layers and mist and all that garbage. Sometimes I can have 20+ monotubs going with thirty pounds of poo in each.

Im perfectly fine with my BE thats all that matters.

--------------------

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#5607906 - 05/09/06 09:12 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

damn thats a lot a shrooms.

--------------------

See?

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5607913 - 05/09/06 09:14 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Then I definitely wouldn't be complaining :wink:

But you asked.

Just letting ya know what it can do , under optimal conditions :thumbup:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness

I LUV My Greenhouse

My First Pans

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #5607931 - 05/09/06 09:20 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I have the skill to do it better and optimize my conditions. But I would rather do 20 tubs pushing 8 ounces a piece than doing 10 pushing 16 a piece. It would use allot more of my time to take care of the 10 then it does to make a few more spawn jars and pasteurize more poo.

Ive seen your martha, I like that you do good.

My time is allot more important than 250% BE.

--------------------

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5607942 - 05/09/06 09:25 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks . When space is a factor , I try to get the most out of it .

If I had my choice , I'd do outdoor grows and just let it go . :thumbup:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness

I LUV My Greenhouse

My First Pans

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #5607950 - 05/09/06 09:29 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

That sucks for you that you live in an apartment. Ive got this three acres of land out in the sticks and I love my Psil. azure beds

Thanks for the print Anno  :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #5607974 - 05/09/06 09:36 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Not for much longer though :thumbup:

We're in the process of moving to a more mushroom friendly state , or Commonwealth.

It's not too bad though . 2 green houses can push out 8 pounds dry a month , if you want them to,lol.

It would be nice to do some outdoor woodlovers though .

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness

I LUV My Greenhouse

My First Pans

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5607976 - 05/09/06 09:36 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hippie3 said:
as can most people.

whatever

That link was just OPINIONS :rotfl:

Sounds like you know where to find all the conslucive evidence :smirk:

-Gnostic

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5607996 - 05/09/06 09:40 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

POLL: SUBSTRATE = CUBIE POTENCY ??

Quote:

http://forums.mycotopia.net/showthread.php?t=8608&page=1&pp=40

The peeps over in mycoptia ALSO believe that coir is better as a casing layer. :rotfl:....

BH's experiement shows otherwise.

You arguing a point a backing it up with bullshit, go figure.

-Gnostic

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #5608009 - 05/09/06 09:44 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

If you do it right woodlovers produce allot of mushrooms. Thats what got me into it. I seen Anno say if you are looking for quality and weight woodlovers outdoors is the way to go. So I raised an eyebrow and pmed anno for a print.

Hes right. You need a bed about a 8 inches deep of hardwood chips and saw dust mixed with a little straw and a tiny bit of soil in there to help hold moisture and make a solid matrix of substrate.

Sad thing is outdoors is only seasonal. So when they season comes around you better make sure you have a couple tons of woodchips ready to fruit  :wink:.

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #5608046 - 05/09/06 09:57 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hippie3 said:
look at yourself, roger-
what you've become.
my how the mighty
have fallen...

IMO, you seem to be the "troll" around here. Don't you have your own forum?

Quote:

Hippie3 said:
you're not the boss of me.

Wow, you sure told him! :smirk:

Quote:

Hippie3 said:
sticks 'n stones.
i'm done with this thread anyway
so you can just blow me
a kiss on my way out.

A true man of your word.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

#5608090 - 05/09/06 10:08 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

sorry for name droppin' everyone. i had to get some experience in here though but i can see that nothing ever convinces hippie3.

p.s.
Quote:

Hippie3 said:
Quote:

bluemeanie said:Yeah I did say BRF was shite - I was just bluffing to see if you'd pick that up - but I said it because it grows weedy mushrooms...

here's some GT that doesn't look too 'weedy', imo.
crumbled pf [brf] cakes

yeah but spore production isn't very good either. those veils look pre--tty clean to me.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #5608135 - 05/09/06 10:20 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Give them shrooms another 24 hours to grow and there will be a 1/4 thick layer of spores on that casing.

who is the avatar girl?

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5608272 - 05/09/06 11:05 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
Give them shrooms another 24 hours to grow and there will be a 1/4 thick layer of spores on that casing. 

Right after the veil breaks, they let loose :lol:.

As big of a flush as that is, it's rather lacking.

I myself have never had a problem with spores lettin loose off of Brf cakes...

However, H3 is to stubborn for this forum.

I'm sure he/she wouldn't listen EVEN if you had the means to check the pysi. content in a ricegrown mushie and a poo grow mushie.

However, that IS exactly what I'm waiting for :grin:

So then I can throw it in my sig., hahah..

It'll read," TOLD YOU SO HIPPIE3". :smirk:

I'm done with this Thread as well :grin:

Man of my word however....

:cheers:

-Gnostic

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #5608284 - 05/09/06 11:10 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:

Flaming and bickering back and forth is pointless, so in the future please use the notify mod button so that warnings and/or bans can be handed out, instead of letting threads spiral out of control in this manner.

I'm sorry I didn't catch this train wreck earlier.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate