Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Loc: Pennsylvania
semi busted tonight
    #5579602 - 05/01/06 11:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Me and my friend's were hanging out on this golfcourse. We saw some cop cars driving around, more than normal, so we decided to leave. Well a campus policeman stopped us, saying there was a hold up somewhere on the course. So they searched us and found a small pipe a little pot on my friend, and nothing on me.

He's getting sited or something, I'm not sure. She took my name and said I was going to be referred to judicial affairs in the report about my friend who was caught.

What does this mean to me? I know it's nothing much, but I still don't know exactly what it entails.

--------------------
When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.

-H. S. Thompson

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Re: semi busted tonight [Re: hobbitxkillyou]
    #5579611 - 05/01/06 11:57 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Not a damn thing. You weren't in posession of anything.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleBLAST_420
Stranger
    #5579626 - 05/02/06 12:01 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

you let them search you :shake:, print this card out it will help you nex time.

http://www.norml.org/pdf_files/freedom_card.pdf

"THE NORML FOUNDATION FREEDOM CARD
The U.S. Constitution prohibits the government from interfering with your right to remain silent, to consult with an attorney, and to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures by law enforcement. However, it is up to you to assert these rights. This NORML Foundation Freedom Card will help you do so effectively.

If you are confronted by a police officer, remain calm. Be courteous and provide your identification. Politely refuse to answer any further questions. Ask to talk to an attorney. Do not consent to any search of your person, your property, your residence or your vehicle. Tell the officer you would like to give him or her this card, which is a statement of the constitutional rights you wish to invoke. Do not reach for this card until you have obtained the officer's permission to do so.

If the officer fails to honor your rights, remain calm and polite, ask for the officer's identifying information and ask him or her to note your objection in the report. Do not attempt to physically resist an unlawful arrest, search or seizure. If necessary, you may point out the violations to a judge at a later time."

Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

Re: semi busted tonight [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #5579628 - 05/02/06 12:01 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

She said JA might call to talk or something. My friend is saying he's going to take it to court, for a number of reasons surrounding the circumstances.

Question being, if they take it to court, am I obligated to testify, because I was there?

--------------------

-H. S. Thompson

InvisibleBLAST_420
Stranger
    #5579635 - 05/02/06 12:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

no you dont have to testify if you dont want to.

Offlinehobbitxkillyou
Shark wrestlingchampion

#5579636 - 05/02/06 12:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

She said they had to search us for weapons because of the hold up. I guess it would've been probable cause if they were asked for a reason?

--------------------

-H. S. Thompson

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #5579640 - 05/02/06 12:04 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

She took my name and said I was going to be referred to judicial affairs in the report about my friend who was caught.

That just means they may ask you to give a statement concerning your knowledge of the incedent, or you may be be used as a witness.

You did nothing wrong. Don't worry.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

InvisibleBLAST_420
Stranger
    #5579652 - 05/02/06 12:07 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

a campus policeman is not a real cop, and I dont think they have the same rights as a real cop as in they cant search you.

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: semi busted tonight [Re: BLAST_420]
    #5579671 - 05/02/06 12:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BLAST_420 said:
no you dont have to testify if you dont want to.

Wrong. Only a spouse can refuse to testify aginst their spouse and be dismissed. Others would be held in contempt of court.

--------------------

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: semi busted tonight [Re: TM]
    #5579759 - 05/02/06 12:37 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

kid is gonna go to jail... :frown:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: semi busted tonight [Re: eligal]
    #5579777 - 05/02/06 12:44 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Nah. For posession of a pipe and a little weed? If it's a first offence, the worst he'll get is probation.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5579781 - 05/02/06 12:45 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hobbitxkillyou said:
She said they had to search us for weapons because of the hold up. I guess it would've been probable cause if they were asked for a reason?

by the rules they can't take things out of your pockets that aren't weapons.

"what is this sir?"
"I do not consent to this search and use my fifth amendment rights."

So lets say you have a gun in your pocket, and a pipe and some pot. They know what a gun feels like, and they say "is this a gun" and you say "yes" and they take it, but they can't look for the pipe.

But of course you shouldn't have any weapons on you ever in the first place (i don't really see a need for it) and if you do, no drugs.... but in actuality what would happen is
"What is this sir, we NEED TO SEE IT." in a very forceful voice.

You say "I do not consent to this search and have no weapons on me. I do not consent to being asked any further questions and wish to go."
"Well what do you have to hide? If it's just a little pot we don't care, but now's the time to tell us the truth."

Don't tell them anything.

I do not consent, am I free to go?

They can't arrest you for what they CAN'T LEGALLY GET TO!!!!!

But sometimes they are telling the truth, sometimes they don't care about pot.... sometimes if you give it to them they will throw it away.....

but a weapons search is just that.... a weapons search... they can legally do it, especially if there was a robbery... that's all they can legally do without a warrant.

They will say WE NEED TO TAKE THIS OUT OF YOUR POCKET like you have no choice, but you do have a choice.

it's good to carry that norml card in your wallet and give it to them... the one that explains you are invoking all your constitutional rights and do not consent to any further encounter.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (05/02/06 12:46 AM)

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #5579831 - 05/02/06 12:58 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hobbitxkillyou said:
Question being, if they take it to court, am I obligated to testify, because I was there?

All you have to say is that you have no idea about the pipe or the bud. You were just out walking with a friend. :thumbup:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #5579839 - 05/02/06 01:00 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Damn.. PA has some fucked laws. (assuming you are really from PA)

Quote:

30 g or less misdemeanor 30 days $500

Possible probation for first offense.
Any second or subsequent conviction can double penalty.

Here in NY he/she would have only gotten a fine.

Quote:

25 g or less (first offense) civil citation none $100

Quotes taken from norml.org.

--------------------

Offlinenife
I'm Dead
Male
Re: semi busted tonight [Re: BLAST_420]
    #5579892 - 05/02/06 01:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BLAST_420 said:
a campus policeman is not a real cop, and I don't think they have the same rights as a real cop as in they cant search you.

That depends upon the campus. On mine they are City Police just a different assignment or precinct. So they have all the rights they want.

You might be in a little bit of trouble with your college even if you didn't have anything on you. If the officer noted that you looked high you could still face disciplinary action. But as has been said before stay calm and say that you don't want to talk about stuff when asked. And at the worst you'll do a couple of hours of community service.

--------------------
Protect Your Rights
Freedom Card

InvisibleBLAST_420
Stranger
Re: semi busted tonight [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #5580110 - 05/02/06 02:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

the federal law is wors than any state law, wread the bottom it says that you could get the deth penalty

Possession
Any amount (first offense) misdemeanor 1 year $1,000
Any amount (second offense) misdemeanor 15 days MMS* $2,500
Any amount (subsequent offense) misdemeanor or felony 90 days MMS* - 3 years $5,000
*Mandatory minimum sentence.
Sale or Cultivation
Less than 50 kg felony 5 years $250,000
50 to 100 kg felony
20 years
$1,000,000
100 to 1,000 kg felony 5 - 40 years $2,000,000
1000 kg or more felony 10 years - life $4,000,000
To a minor felony double penalty double penalty
Within 1,000 feet of a school, or other specified areas felony double penalty double penalty
Gift of small amount
see Possession
Miscellaneous (paraphernalia, license suspensions, drug tax stamps, etc...)
Paraphernalia sale felony 3 years none
Details

Possession of marijuana is punishable by up to one year in jail and a minimum fine of $1,000 for a first conviction. For a second conviction, the penalties increase to a 15-day mandatory minimum sentence with a maximum of two years in prison and a fine of up to $2,500. Subsequent convictions carry a 90-day mandatory minimum sentence and a maximum of up to three years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.

Distribution of a small amount of marijuana, for no remuneration, is treated as possession. Manufacture or distribution of less than 50 kilograms of marijuana is punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000. For 50 kilograms or more the penalty increases to a possible 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $1,000,000. Manufacture or distribution of 100 kilograms or more carries a penalty of 5 - 40 years in prison and a fine of up to $2,000,000. For 1000 kilograms or more, the penalty increases to 10 years - life in prison and a fine of up to $4,000,000.

Distribution of greater than 5 grams of marijuana to a minor under the age of 21 doubles the possible penalties. Distribution within 1,000 feet of a school, playground, public housing or within 100 feet of a youth center, public pool or video arcade also doubles the possible penalties.

The sale of paraphernalia is punishable by up to three years in prison.

The sentence of death can be carried out on a defendant who has been found guilty of manufacturing, importing or distributing a controlled substance if the act was committed as part of a continuing criminal enterprise ? but only if the defendant is (1) the principal administrator, organizer, or leader of the enterprise or is one of several such principal administrators, organizers, or leaders, and (2) the quantity of the controlled substance is 60,000 kilograms or more of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of marijuana, or 60,000 or more marijuana plants, or the if the enterprise received more than $20 million in gross receipts during any 12-month period of its existence.

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: semi busted tonight [Re: eligal]
    #5580244 - 05/02/06 03:53 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:
kid is gonna go to jail... :frown:

:lol:

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #5580331 - 05/02/06 05:15 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry to veer a little off topic--but did you know that very soon, in Mexico, possession of small amounts of cocaine, marijuana, heroin, ecstasy, (and others) will be legal? There are specific limits for the amount that constitutes "personal use." I think this is a fascinating development.

The news story

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Community >> The Pub