Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Prodigal Son

Can I mix mycellium in a casing?
    #557903 - 02/20/02 11:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I have several casings of Treasure Coast and Hawiians. The casings are between flushes but seem to be slowing down, they are producing fewer mushrooms, but the mushrooms are very large. Anyway, they are all healthy, but I need room for the next series of casings that will be ready for the terrarium very soon. I'm wondering if it would be alright to combine my current casings into one by re-casing them directly into a 60 quart rubbermaid container. Assuming I keep the T.C. on one side of the container, and the Hawiians on the other side, will the mycellium fight each other, or will they just keep to their own side and produce? Also, out of curiosity, what would happen if they accidentally got mixed together?

My father started me on this hobby over 30 years ago...I ask  beginner's questions whenever they occur to me...Usually to stir the pot and get people's thoughts...When I post a REPLY...IT SHOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED AS GOSPEL TRUTH...It's just what I THINK...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Can I mix mycellium in a casing? [Re: Brillig]
    #557939 - 02/21/02 12:14 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

In the Past peolple have mixed different mycelia together with some good and some not to good results. But my friend has tried it with success with the Koh samui and B+. So you should be fine, Just make absolutely sure that the old casing is still clean of any contaminiants.:)bluhoney 

Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation