Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
fanning terrianiums
    #557829 - 02/20/02 07:56 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i was just wondering, isnt fanning terrianiums kind of like begging for contams? my friend keeps trying to think of efficient ways of keeping air circulating, only to run into a good percentage of people that just say to "fan a couple times of day"
if he was to just fan, would just nuking the sourounding area with lysol and waiting 10 minutes be sufiecient? also what should he fan with, a contam-ridan piece of cardboard? his hand? what is proven? i know this i sort of a common sense kind of thing, but it just seems to easy..i mean why drill holes and hook everything up, if you can just open up the top and fan for 5 minutes?? this is confusing me.

also, he is building a terrianium right now, can he have the heater(which has a thermostat) about 2 feet away from the terrianium and have enough heat? if so whats the the average difference in air temp from around the terriaium to inside the terrianium?

btw all this is being done with perlite.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
Re: fanning terrianiums [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #557850 - 02/20/02 08:16 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

what kind of terranium is you friend constructing? if its plastic, i think the heater is a bad idea, especially from 2 feet away, i dont think thats far enough away to not have the plastic to start melting, or possibly catch fire while you are away, and i believe it will dry everything up in your terranium on the closer side to where the heater is located. heat from within, all thats needed is a nice 75-100 watt fish tank heater, a big ass pickle jar, an air pump, some tubing with an airstone, and some foil to control humidity. works pretty good, and no worries about anything catching fire, messy perilite or excessive drying.

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: fanning terrianiums [Re: MickyFinn]
    #557865 - 02/20/02 08:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

when you need to fan, if you feel the need go ahead and spray some lysol, take the lid off, use a clean towel to wipe off exxess moisture and use the lid as a fan for a couple min, one halfway decent stroke will get all the co2 out though, its not that big of an area. But its common practice to fan for a couple minutes. Yes, it really is that easy.

Offlineitalic
seer
Loc: Midwest, USA
Re: fanning terrianiums [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #557881 - 02/20/02 08:55 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Fanning in clean air (with a few nasty spores here and there) is much better than leaving stale, stagnant air inside. Plus, using Hydrogen Peroxide in your mister will help.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract